Canes test positive

Advertisement
You can’t argue with people like this. You just can’t. It’s so sad. People who change the oil in cars for a living telling you what does and doesn’t work in relation to virus transmission lololololol.

It's so hard to believe that people this dumb exist then I just like at U.S. political leadership and realize how many dumb people there actually are for those people to have been elected in the first place...

The one single event that proceeded the downfall of civilization was the availability of the Internet to the left half of the Bell Curve.

Eh. Good point, but people with double digit IQs have existed forever. Just, without the internet, I didn't have to know they existed. Listening to these people now is just insufferable.

Why complained folks are telling officials to go blow, the same officials that say virus didn't matter when protesting and rioting was going on : oh and we had our restaurants curfew at 6 PM, but now there the cause right
Restaurants are opening in NY, all outdoor activities are opening in other Countries. NY is going to phase 4 in opening. The NY area had zero deaths Sunday reported from covid 19. So what you’re saying is it is the people’s fault for the debacle in Florida?

You think things are opening up for the past month in NY because they left it up to the people to make the decision whether or not to wear a mask, stay at home to bend the curve?

Advertisement
You could add some validity to your claim of medical credentials if you bothered to explain the different kinds of masks and if they prevent or reduce getting the virus, or passing the virus, or neither or both. I believe there is significant difference it type of masks but I will leave it to your medical expertise to shread those pearls of wisdom from your ruby lips unto the barren fields of our brains.

You're right - i could have but the topic has been discussed so many time by so many, i highly doubt anything i say at this point is going to change minds. You either agree they help or you're steadfast against them for whatever reason/logic you have.

Someone in my own office is against them....but she has now lost the respect of her colleagues. That's the thing with medicine - there's many different opinions out there and nothing is 100% of anything. Too many variables and one-off test results that make some plausible or helpful for some but not universal. But there's one thing i know for sure - doing nothing has a 0% chance of helping. So even if you personally think standing 6 feet apart is bs and only helps maybe 5%, and masks are bs and only helps 10%......are you then saying 15% reduction in spreading this in order to get back to normal life elsewhere isn't worth it? How is a wearing a mask and being careful to help slow this thing such a struggle?

It's not the end of the world for the players, or the program. What is the end of the world is canceling the football season because tough guys like you won't try an mitigate the spread of the virus, cause you live in Merica dammit and ain't no fauci or ****i or dad gum science guy gone tell me I gotsta wear a dang mask!

I don't care what a video from Fauci says. People who are a lot smarter than you and I, who have devoted their lives to the medical profession, say wearing a mask and socially distancing helps to mitigate the spread of contagious viruses and disease. What could possibly be the harm in just trying to listen? How awful is wearing a mask and avoiding people when you can? Nobody should be shutting down the economy, that's nonsense. But just wearing a mask? You're that much of a stubborn prick that you can't just put a mask on when you go into a building/near people? It's that awful? I personally think it helps, maybe even a small amount, but it helps. But even if it doesn't, its prison torture to just do it anyway?

Dude, Fauci runs the curriculum in which those so called 'experts' learn from. Big Pharma absolutely influences how doctors learn in college.

I'll take someone with critical thinking over an indoctrinated big pharma doctor any day.

I wear a mask when I enter buildings, which is extremely rare. Should I be wearing one in my backyard?
Do what makes you comfortable. The data has all been corrupted and the "experts" are all whores who say what the instructions on the paycheck says. Then there is the political motivation to every word we hear. Early on my wife, who has some decided expertise researched the mask crap because we have one daughter who is healthcare worker. Seems none of the mask really protect that well,

She made a bunch with several layers of fabric and a cute little pouch for some sort of filter that needs to be replaced regularly alone with washing the mask. Since she was only worry about us getting the virus it is designed for that. It does absolutely nothing for the people around me from getting it if I have it. Remember she is a mother protecting her kids, everyone elses are on their own. It is modeled after the top commercial one which does the same thing.

Most of the available masks do little. Surgical masks are designed to prevent medical personnel from infecting patients in operating rooms -- which are sterile so there is no need for them to protect the wearer. Wear one if you want to protect others but they are useless to protect you.

I am not saying do not wear masks. We are old and my wife makes me wear one under penalty of sleeping on the porch. Wearing a mask will not make you catch it so there is that.

Advertisement
Restaurants are opening in NY, all outdoor activities are opening in other Countries. NY is going to phase 4 in opening. The NY area had zero deaths Sunday reported from covid 19. So what you’re saying is it is the people’s fault for the debacle in Florida?

You think things are opening up for the past month in NY because they left it up to the people to make the decision whether or not to wear a mask, stay at home to bend the curve?

The one single event that proceeded the downfall of civilization was the availability of the Internet to the left half of the Bell Curve.
Yeah, once you start getting outside a couple of standard deviations of the mean....The under 3 firing synapses crowd....

This has all been so unnecessary. Problem is, our government (federal and state) is full. of clueless a-holes worshipping a dumber than dirt a-hole of a President who doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself and his reelection. Any responsible country has already gotten control of this mess by shutting down and wearing masks.
No football this season just when we thought we had a functioning QB for the first time since 2002.
Like Sweden, for example.

Advertisement
Let’s leave the politics out of this.

First of all, I live in South Florida, and for the most part, I’m seeing compliance. I mean I am out and around in Broward and Dade quite a bit.

Secondly, the minority of people that are constantly breaking the rules are not in the current administration‘s demographic for voters. I’m not talking about one group, I’m talking about multiple demographics. This is South Florida, just on percentages alone, the majority of the people breaking the rules vote the other way.

Young people crowding in at house parties, pool parties, and hanging out close together at hangout spots, are NOT in this alleged “MAGAloid” demographic that people keep pointing the finger at it, at least not in South Florida. Let’s just be real.

That’s why it’s stupid to bring politics into this when blaming the populace. Blame the leadership all you want, but let’s be honest about what’s happening out there.

Everybody should absolutely follow the rules and wear their mask. There is no question that has to be done and to do anything else it’s just not socially responsible or acceptable.

At the same time, keep in mind, it’s not very scientific to correlate this mess to lack of mask usage. We just don’t know at this point how and why this flare up is spreading with any great degree of scientific certainty. I think a good portion of it is young people saying “fūck it“ from what I’m seeing out there. Or it just could be more increased social interactions that happened after the lockdown. But we really just don’t know yet. That is why it’s a good idea to be precautionary.

But my no means am I advocating for people not to wear masks, it only makes sense to do it, even if you think you’re just giving a marginal sense of protection to those around you.

Ok, pretty reasonable take. That alone makes your post an outlier to the rest of the typical blather on here from the usual suspects.

But riddle me this. You say most are in compliance, and I see that where I live too. That means for the most part people are following guidelines which means wearing masks (whatever type), social distancing, businesses opening at 1/2 capacity, etc. Yet, we are still seeing a spike. Why are you then suggesting continued compliance, if compliance doesn't really seem to be mitigating the spike?

The only thing I recall that mitigated the spike was sheltering in place and shutting everything down. We obviously can't go through another round of that. But yet some are suggesting we go back to that.

It seems to me compliance is having a more sociological/psychological impact than a medical one.

Like Sweden, for example.
SHH. Doesn't fit the narrative...

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.27.49 PM.png

Advertisement
....But there's one thing i know for sure - doing nothing has a 0% chance of helping. So even if you personally think standing 6 feet apart is bs and only helps maybe 5%, and masks are bs and only helps 10%......are you then saying 15% reduction in spreading this in order to get back to normal life elsewhere isn't worth it? How is a wearing a mask and being careful to help slow this thing such a struggle?

That’s the reason why people should use masks. I don’t know, I can’t be sure, what helps and what doesn’t. But it only makes sense to use them. Why? Because you hate to look back six months from now when they find out that they actually did help substantially, and you were being an ******* for not wearing one. If it turns out they don’t help that much, no harm no foul.

Everyone has their own personal theories. I know I do. But of course I wear a mask. The science will eventually tell us or at least give us better probabilities of what actually was going on. The fact is right now the WHO and many “aerosol“ scientists aren’t even in agreement. It’s been written about significantly. So because there isn’t a rock solid bulletproof scientific consensus, it only makes sense to take precautions.

He was weeding out the morons

What intelligent human would think it’s a great idea to drink bleach even if Jesus Christ himself said it was ok
The ones that listened to him and got sick. Remember he has the most uneducated followers and believes every word comes outta his mouth.

Advertisement
Back