Canes Practicing in Orlando

Orlando did not get hit no where as bad as South Florida. I never lost power or had damage to my home. Yes some parts are still without power but that's because they are not near a hospital, police/fire station, or a school. That's the priority for the electric companies around here.

Too bad the practice is not open to the public since I am not too far from Wide World of Sports.

Advertisement
If I'm Rosier, I am getting the O line to get me a seat on the new Avatar ride. The waits have been 3 to 4 hours. This would be the ultimate Fast Pass

Yeah, great game. I remember a big 4th down stop by our lbs. Defense was nasty.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]- Nice call. Season of the storm video was tremendous in VCR form. They went to Kinnick Stadium and mauled Iowa. In consecutive weeks they beat FSU and Penn State. Donnell Bennet was on the cover of SI with the headline Miami's Amazing Hurricanes. Darren Krien picked off a pass and walked into the end zone at PSU. Miami could not run the ball, AT ALL, early in the year. First drive against PSU they ran the ball down Penn States throat and scored. Ruthless Posse era. Unfortunately the season ended with the Sugar Bowl and George Teague (which was called back due to a holding penalty) but the cat was out of the bag by that point. KWilliams had a nice TD return but a little too late. As has been mentioned before, Miami should handle their business against Toledo, plain and simple.

I remember that Krein TD. Thanks for jogging my memory. Thing of beauty.

Barrow made the stop. He came from the left as they ran right and he still got there. people were all over Paterno as to why he ran it towards Barrow. He didn't Barrow just got there. Back then they came into Boston regularly so I would catch a game down there once a year and a game in Boston every two years. It was beautiful. Read Canesport 27 times a month. You don;t know what you have til' its gone. Purgatory followed by a brief reprieve and then purgatory.

Orlando got hammered by Irma. I've been without power as well and will be for the foreseeable future. There is no logic to coming here, the storm skirted Miami came up the west coast and made a direct hit on Orlando we're worse off if anything.

No, the lower/middle Keys were hammered.

I didn't even lose power here in Orlando, *****.

Advertisement
@OCC- you are correct on the Roseanne and Arnold call. Coleman Bell was too much to handle for Iowa if memory serves me correctly. I used to roll around campus with Miami gear on back then and people thought I was a martian. We had a few kids from South Florida playing football and they actually loved it. One of them was a 305 kid, quiet assassin and his first comment ever to me was "represent dog". The other kid was an Aquinas kid who grew up on the same street as Lorenzo White and the Irvin family (sorry Irving), great dude, I think he coaches in Broward now, maybe at Herritage.

Coleman Bell is still one of my favorite players.

We start practicing in orlando tomorrow.

FINALLY!!!

My granny cleared her lawn before these guys can clear a field...??

I don't get it. You have close to 100 strong young men that you can use to either clear the field or help your community like the Houston team did, but instead they're riding ferris wheels in Disney. Love Richt, but don't get some of this

you really aren't this stupid are you?

The more I think of this, the more I like them practicing in Orlando. Starting tomorrow, going through the weekend and next week in close quarters living and practicing could even be better, under these circumstances, than going back to Coral Gables right now. I'm expecting a nice little performance a week from Saturday.

Worked great for us after Hurricane Andrew when we went to Vero and practices at Dodgertown. Came out smoking and walloped Iowa and went on, I'm pretty sure, to beat Ped State and FSU, who were both highly ranked.

I remember that game very specifically. It was a long time ago but I remember it fairly clearly. We came out and destroyed them from jump. I believe Tom Arnold and Roseann Barr were on the sidelines or there at least anyway, for Iowa, if I'm not mistaken. I think so.

Yup, that game against Iowa wasn't as close as the final score.
We had a clunker trap game against Arizona(?) before the FSU game. It was some oddball score like 8-6.
Other than that, we played pretty solid football the year of Andrew.
Except, of course, when our over-confident azzes went out to play 'Bama for the Natty.

Advertisement
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]- Nice call. Season of the storm video was tremendous in VCR form. They went to Kinnick Stadium and mauled Iowa. In consecutive weeks they beat FSU and Penn State. Donnell Bennet was on the cover of SI with the headline Miami's Amazing Hurricanes. Darren Krien picked off a pass and walked into the end zone at PSU. Miami could not run the ball, AT ALL, early in the year. First drive against PSU they ran the ball down Penn States throat and scored. Ruthless Posse era. Unfortunately the season ended with the Sugar Bowl and George Teague (which was called back due to a holding penalty) but the cat was out of the bag by that point. KWilliams had a nice TD return but a little too late. As has been mentioned before, Miami should handle their business against Toledo, plain and simple.

PSU game.jpg

Orlando got hammered by Irma. I've been without power as well and will be for the foreseeable future. There is no logic to coming here, the storm skirted Miami came up the west coast and made a direct hit on Orlando we're worse off if anything.

Sorry to hear about you still being without power, but parts of Orlando never lost power at all. I know the office I worked in less than a month ago in Maitland was back up and running Tuesday morning. I am guessing that Disney and other places were first on the list to be restored if they lost it at all. Either way Campus is not open and the decision has been made. It's good the team is back practicing starting tomorrow and literally will have a pretty singular focus with no classes at this time.

Others have posted on here that a lot of the Gables is still without power so I think its a no brainer to have them in Orlando and get back to work. Good to hear.

People just don't understand.

Disney has its own power generation facility. It is over by the EPCOT employees' parking lot.

Settle down everyone. This is a good move.

There's been a whole lot of fools on here that have made their attempt to be idiot of the year during these last few days but this cat Suarez is heading to the top of that list in leaps and bounds.....should be to the top of the list with one more idiotic post about his granny and her yard and how it compares to moving a whole football team across the state

Last edited:
Advertisement

My senior year...**** those were great memories!!

The more I think of this, the more I like them practicing in Orlando. Starting tomorrow, going through the weekend and next week in close quarters living and practicing could even be better, under these circumstances, than going back to Coral Gables right now. I'm expecting a nice little performance a week from Saturday.

Worked great for us after Hurricane Andrew when we went to Vero and practices at Dodgertown. Came out smoking and walloped Iowa and went on, I'm pretty sure, to beat Ped State and FSU, who were both highly ranked.

I remember that game very specifically. It was a long time ago but I remember it fairly clearly. We came out and destroyed them from jump. I believe Tom Arnold and Roseann Barr were on the sidelines or there at least anyway, for Iowa, if I'm not mistaken. I think so.

We had a clunker trap game against Arizona(?) before the FSU game. It was some oddball score like 8-6.
Except, of course, when our over-confident azzes went out to play 'Bama for the Natty.

8-7. They missed like a 50+ yard fg as time expired. Game where that ****** from AZ basically ended Rusty's career.

My senior year...**** those were great memories!!

My junior year. Remember having no finals weeks in that first semester?

Advertisement

What If i told you the reason Miami lost that title game is because the team was hungover from the partying they did in NO.

What If i told you the reason Miami lost that title game is because the team was hungover from the partying they did in NO.

That and the lack of serious prep that Dennis Erickson did. They all showed up as though we were going to blow them out. And then Sebastian got shot on New Year's Eve.

This will be like a mini-camp. Should only make the bond stronger.

Advertisement
Back