Canes Practicing in Orlando

We start practicing in orlando tomorrow.

Thank you. We can finally stop reading the ridiculous crying on here.

I see you're new to CIS.
Been here for over 4 years and I agree with your sarcasm comment but I can honestly say I have never read such ridiculous, insensetive and ignorant posts than the last week. I'm happy we're practicing and obviously more would be better, I'm as die hard as they come but people seriously need to put football and life in appropriate perspective.

Advertisement
The more I think of this, the more I like them practicing in Orlando. Starting tomorrow, going through the weekend and next week in close quarters living and practicing could even be better, under these circumstances, than going back to Coral Gables right now. I'm expecting a nice little performance a week from Saturday.

Worked great for us after Hurricane Andrew when we went to Vero and practices at Dodgertown. Came out smoking and walloped Iowa and went on, I'm pretty sure, to beat Ped State and FSU, who were both highly ranked.

The more I think of this, the more I like them practicing in Orlando. Starting tomorrow, going through the weekend and next week in close quarters living and practicing could even be better, under these circumstances, than going back to Coral Gables right now. I'm expecting a nice little performance a week from Saturday.

Worked great for us after Hurricane Andrew when we went to Vero and practices at Dodgertown. Came out smoking and walloped Iowa and went on, I'm pretty sure, to beat Ped State and FSU, who were both highly ranked.

I remember that game very specifically. It was a long time ago but I remember it fairly clearly. We came out and destroyed them from jump. I believe Tom Arnold and Roseann Barr were on the sidelines or there at least anyway, for Iowa, if I'm not mistaken. I think so.

Advertisement
Orlando got hammered by Irma. I've been without power as well and will be for the foreseeable future. There is no logic to coming here, the storm skirted Miami came up the west coast and made a direct hit on Orlando we're worse off if anything.

Orlando got hammered by Irma. I've been without power as well and will be for the foreseeable future. There is no logic to coming here, the storm skirted Miami came up the west coast and made a direct hit on Orlando we're worse off if anything.

The Orlando decision was made when Miami was in line for a direct hit. If the players are riding rides at Universal and training at Wide World of Sports while they aren't even allowed on campus in Coral Gables right now then the Orlando decision is a good one.

Sorry to hear about you still being without power, but parts of Orlando never lost power at all. I know the office I worked in less than a month ago in Maitland was back up and running Tuesday morning. I am guessing that Disney and other places were first on the list to be restored if they lost it at all. Either way Campus is not open and the decision has been made. It's good the team is back practicing starting tomorrow and literally will have a pretty singular focus with no classes at this time.

Others have posted on here that a lot of the Gables is still without power so I think its a no brainer to have them in Orlando and get back to work. Good to hear.

Their hotel, I4, & Disney Sports complex are perfectly fine.

Advertisement

Lol bruh Miami got way worse than Orlando

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]- Nice call. Season of the storm video was tremendous in VCR form. They went to Kinnick Stadium and mauled Iowa. In consecutive weeks they beat FSU and Penn State. Donnell Bennet was on the cover of SI with the headline Miami's Amazing Hurricanes. Darren Krien picked off a pass and walked into the end zone at PSU. Miami could not run the ball, AT ALL, early in the year. First drive against PSU they ran the ball down Penn States throat and scored. Ruthless Posse era. Unfortunately the season ended with the Sugar Bowl and George Teague (which was called back due to a holding penalty) but the cat was out of the bag by that point. KWilliams had a nice TD return but a little too late. As has been mentioned before, Miami should handle their business against Toledo, plain and simple.

@OCC- you are correct on the Roseanne and Arnold call. Coleman Bell was too much to handle for Iowa if memory serves me correctly. I used to roll around campus with Miami gear on back then and people thought I was a martian. We had a few kids from South Florida playing football and they actually loved it. One of them was a 305 kid, quiet assassin and his first comment ever to me was "represent dog". The other kid was an Aquinas kid who grew up on the same street as Lorenzo White and the Irvin family (sorry Irving), great dude, I think he coaches in Broward now, maybe at Herritage.

Advertisement

I remember that game very specifically. It was a long time ago but I remember it fairly clearly. We came out and destroyed them from jump. I believe Tom Arnold and Roseann Barr were on the sidelines or there at least anyway, for Iowa, if I'm not mistaken. I think so.

I just watched that game on YouTube. Our Offense struggled quite a bit in that game. We won 24-7, I believe. Our D was nasty. Announcers even discussed how the storm affected the team in preparation for the game. Glad we play Toledo and Duke before FSU.

Last edited:
So what exactly are we waiting for NOW?

Maybe the coaches who all HAD to evacuate get their lives settled back in, and properties cleaned up etc. Same for players down here. My friggen house in Plantation still without power, Ariz still no power in Dade county. This has affected a lot of people. Just a guess, but that would be my hunch as to why it took a few more days to get things together for Orlando. Is that ok with you? MY God some of you have no clue how much this halts lives.

Advertisement

You're joking right.....

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]- Nice call. Season of the storm video was tremendous in VCR form. They went to Kinnick Stadium and mauled Iowa. In consecutive weeks they beat FSU and Penn State. Donnell Bennet was on the cover of SI with the headline Miami's Amazing Hurricanes. Darren Krien picked off a pass and walked into the end zone at PSU. Miami could not run the ball, AT ALL, early in the year. First drive against PSU they ran the ball down Penn States throat and scored. Ruthless Posse era. Unfortunately the season ended with the Sugar Bowl and George Teague (which was called back due to a holding penalty) but the cat was out of the bag by that point. KWilliams had a nice TD return but a little too late. As has been mentioned before, Miami should handle their business against Toledo, plain and simple.

I remember that Krein TD. Thanks for jogging my memory. Thing of beauty.

Advertisement
Back