Canes playing elsewhere

Advertisement
1. I wont ever **** on Lykes. 2. He made plenty of circus layups for Miami.
Hated watching him be our primary ball handler as our starting one. Playing out of control and turnovers are a pet peeve of mine coming from your starting 1. But I repeatedly said on this board that he is at his best as a 6th man and would be the best 6th man in The country the second a coaching staff put him in that position.

Advertisement
Hated watching him be our primary ball handler as our starting one. Playing out of control and turnovers are a pet peeve of mine coming from your starting 1. But I repeatedly said on this board that he is at his best as a 6th man and would be the best 6th man in The country the second a coaching staff put him in that position.
He could, of course, have been asked to play his natural position at the 2. I understand why he was asked to be our 1, but ...

Of course the game to watch tonight is nbr 1 Gonzaga vs nbr 2 UCLA (compared to our games its a night and day thing)...

But with Gonzaga running away with it (so far) - another interesting game is 2 undefeateds: unranked Cincinnatti (wow, that city is becoming the Tampa Bay of college athletics!) vs Arkansas Nbr 13...

Cinncy is up 30-26 at the half. Our buddy Chris Lykes didn't start and isn't doing much off the bench... 1 for 4, 2 fouls, and a few free throws. Will be a good second half to watch I think.

UPD: Arkansas won a close one that was anyone's game until the last minute. Chris played most of half nbr 2, finishing 3 for 12 (mehh) but his 8 for 10 FTs and a timely 3pointer did help Arkansas a lot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, 13th-ranked Arkansas stayed undefeated today with a surprisingly close win over U of Penn. Chris Lykes didn't help much off the bench, 0 for 9 and no freethrows. So this may be a POINTLESS post (see what I did there?)

Early reports from Louisville is that Matt Cross is fitting in nicely. They like his skill set and toughness, and think he's more than just a shooter. They're expecting major production out of him for the next few years.
Last 3 games with Louisville Matt hasn't shown much at all. I agree he has talent. And after watching Bama bash Coach L tonight I'd love to have Lykes and Cross back. I think he didnt like the green yellow red light stop rule though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last 3 games with Louisville Matt hasn't shown much at all. I agree he has talent. And after watching Bama bash Coach L tonight I'd love to have Lykes and Cross back. I think he didnt like the green yellow red light stop rule though.
He always looked a little slow-footed to me, here and at L'ville. He could/can shoot though. Sorta like a shorter, but better version of Sam.

Matt with the BIGG performance Saturday:
1638930862241.png

You can watch the 3=pointer in the BB thread Random Question... posted there by IncaneInTheBrain

He always looked a little slow-footed to me, here and at L'ville. He could/can shoot though. Sorta like a shorter, but better version of Sam.
Cross is more skilled, better rebounder, defender and tougher than Sam. Physically, I'd say Cross is more similar to Luka Doncic. Certainly not as skilled, but they have similar size, body style and physical attributes.

Advertisement
Back