Canes players say Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal

Advertisement
As a technician I would think he would be worth something... play caller/designer maybe not...

Richt knows his football. He was just too slow adjusting to the modern changes in the game. He came from an era where freshmen never started and there was a lot more practice time and contact with coaches allowed.

Guys like him and Enos use systems that require a ton of decisions pre and post snap without a lot of time to make them. They asked too much of guys who were young and had much less 11 on 11 practice.

There is a reason freshman quarterbacks are tearing it up nowadays like never before. Modern offensive coordinators are more flexible and use systems that make decisions simpler and easier, so they can let a young guy play to his strength and not think himself out of the game.

Advertisement
Same article mentioned something about Donaldson possibly redshirting this year. Any info on that or how likely it is?

Advertisement
In the limited sample size that teammates have seen him, freshman quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal. Those were the exact words used by two Canes offensive players.

Van Dyke was only on campus less than two months before classes were suspended due to coronavirus. He and teammates participated in just four spring practices.

But two players on the team said there’s something different about him — in a very good way.

One said he’s really, really good — the best of the quarterbacks competing to back up D’Eriq King. He’s accurate, bright, has a maturity about him and a strong arm. “He’s a gunslinger,” the other said
Both expect him to be the starter in a post-D’Eriq King era, either immediately or soon after.

Barry Jackson
Mannne tbh our guys wouldnt know what the real deal Actually looked like at all. They been in the huddle with Malik, Perry and Jarren ..ppl was screaming the same praises for jacory, Perry and Williams. You definitely aren’t gonna know if a QB Has the goods until the bullets start flying.

So with that said, I hope the canes fam is having a safe offseason and ******* a bad ***** or 2

I think it has more to do with Maturity, Intelligence and Work Ethic. Rosier,Kaaya and Morris had it and Kosi, Martell and Williams didn't. Fortunately it did seem like Nkosi was turning a corner last year.
1592960417457.gif

Advertisement
Do other team’s fans try to downplay and discredit a player’s potential or just Miami fans?
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's meant to be discrediting towards TVD, more of a "heard this many times before" situation. Going back to Kyle Wright we've been hearing about the next big thing at QB for us every year for 15 years now.

Advertisement
Y’all thought I was lying ? Dude was impressing in spring.

Cribby - some here - just assume that you gotta get someone else to call your dog for you.

I want so badly for him to be our best QB EVER!

We haven't had a real QB since somewhere in the middle of the sixteenth century - or so it seems. OR we had a QB with the sorriest lineup of offensive coordinators since who-flung-the-chunk.

Good call. Good call, Crib.

You don't know what you have at QB until there are live bullets.

But from a traits perspective, TVD has what you look for. He is big, athletic and a natural thrower. He looked like QB2 at the practices I saw.

Although he had a pretty bad o-line, he seemed easily spooked and spent a lot of time on the run in his tape. That's the only reservation I have about him. In shorts he's going to look like a god because of that arm... if he can maneuver the pocket we may finally have one.

Rosier led us to a 10-1 season and broke the UM single season TD record. He had a rough season in 2018 but so did the majority of our team
Fact...And I always got clowned for bringing up these facts in defense of 12. I always defended 12 while here..Still I think 2018 Rosier had whatever confidence he did have broken by the musical chair version of QB swap we used..that said my man was barely a power 5 level QB as a SR

Advertisement
Back