Canes players say Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal

Mackmiller974

All ACC
In the limited sample size that teammates have seen him, freshman quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal. Those were the exact words used by two Canes offensive players.

Van Dyke was only on campus less than two months before classes were suspended due to coronavirus. He and teammates participated in just four spring practices.

But two players on the team said there’s something different about him — in a very good way.

One said he’s really, really good — the best of the quarterbacks competing to back up D’Eriq King. He’s accurate, bright, has a maturity about him and a strong arm. “He’s a gunslinger,” the other said
Both expect him to be the starter in a post-D’Eriq King era, either immediately or soon after.

Barry Jackson

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
In the limited sample size that teammates have seen him, freshman quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal. Those were the exact words used by two Canes offensive players.

Van Dyke was only on campus less than two months before classes were suspended due to coronavirus. He and teammates participated in just four spring practices.

But two players on the team said there’s something different about him — in a very good way.

One said he’s really, really good — the best of the quarterbacks competing to back up D’Eriq King. He’s accurate, bright, has a maturity about him and a strong arm. “He’s a gunslinger,” the other said
Both expect him to be the starter in a post-D’Eriq King era, either immediately or soon after.

Barry Jackson
he was probably going to start if king didnt come.

Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD has the goods. His advantage over the previous qbs this era is better coaching.
He's a blank slate. I remember my time in the Navy and loved getting new sailors from boot camp. Can help shape and form them with the right structures around them. My chief and I never knew who we were getting when we got a transfer from another ship or from shore duty.

Advertisement
Back