Canes players say Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal

Advertisement
Agree though JD08 practice is practice......and the toughest position to play is QB. If they said yo Ahmon Richards is balling in practice I would probably buy into something like that cause of the position he plays. To me OL and QB are the hardest things to judge in practice, unless u have years of putting out good ones then it becomes expected like a next man up thing that OU has going on at QB.

I still remember when Kyle Wright committed. We thought we were going to win another 3 championships under that kid. ... I'll wait until I see him live to jump on the bandwagon. But it's nice to hear TVD's passing the eyeball test with his teammates.

"the offense is elite, the whole energy and vibe this year is different"

Yea I see this is old lol

Kids will never say bad things about their teammates.....everyone is always elite. That Offense was so bad he threw all the buzz words out to and what we saw on the field was garbage. I think the first drive vs UF was the best play calls of the season

Advertisement
TVD does have the goods. Decision making is such an important skill, and it shows up on film. Arm strength, is very good, and on film sometimes throwing with is body open, which can get you in trouble, but even still was making back shoulder across to the sideline throws with zip. He also throws on the run very well with good touch and accuracy. He can run in either direction and throw it. They will shape his body, he's a little "doughy" right now, but at 6'4 215, should get him up to 220-225 but more lean, he should have enough athleticism, along with sound decision making and throwing on the run. A year uner King should do him wonders.

I get that but if you feel that way, why even click on the thread? It says right in the title what it’s about. To click on the thread and proceed to dump on his prospects bc a lot of the past QBs haven’t been good is trying to discredit him. I think TVD has big time potential and all reports about him have been positive so why try to create negativity(not you in particular)?
Maybe to see if there was something new reported. After a while it gets tiring to read about someone's dog or *****.

Normal teams fans would be penciling him for a future Heisman while ours are like nah, he can’t be good bc some other QBs before him wasn’t good.
While we acknowledge his potential, at this point, it's just potential. We all want to hear substance about his development without giving him the Ron Powlus jinx. As DMoney said, we'll know more when the bullets start flying.

In the limited sample size that teammates have seen him, freshman quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal. Those were the exact words used by two Canes offensive players.

Van Dyke was only on campus less than two months before classes were suspended due to coronavirus. He and teammates participated in just four spring practices.

But two players on the team said there’s something different about him — in a very good way.

One said he’s really, really good — the best of the quarterbacks competing to back up D’Eriq King. He’s accurate, bright, has a maturity about him and a strong arm. “He’s a gunslinger,” the other said
Both expect him to be the starter in a post-D’Eriq King era, either immediately or soon after.

Barry Jackson

So many cliches and stipulations I thought I was reading The Onion Sports. He could be really special, maybe, and could start, maybe soon, maybe later, or maybe maybe

Advertisement
To be honest You might not like Rosier but he had more maturity then we have all around. Now if TVD HAS ALL THIS AND THE ACCURACY WITH THE ARM STRENTGH SH...T WE GOT A CHANCE PERIOD. My thing is our qb room has been so bad that I think there are highschool kids that could do better.
Kosi I was a fan to be honest but he just doesn't have it at all. Im sorry but he has had to many chances its time to move on. Tate needs to graduate and go work on a shrimp boat lol.
Doesn't read the field fast enough

10 yrs before he got here. The fact Kaaya left early with a chance to raise his stock said alot. Pricht came here to reconnect with his alma mater. He was a man without a home.

It's never happen (at least with anyone who isn't a close friend) but I'd love to hear Brad's unfiltered POV on why he left and what he maybe saw in the program that prompted that decision.

Really from all the players that left early recently. The OBBs had their interviews with a handful of them but you know we're not getting the real dirt.

Oh well, I understand why they don't but would still be good to hear what is really going on

Advertisement
You can be optimistic about a QB without anointing him. You can also reserve judgment without ****ting on him.
I was excited about TVD after watching his high school highlights because of the type of offense he’s ran. A lot of high school coaches run very watered down spread offenses with almost everything predetermined before the ball is snapped. Often they only use half the field and the quarterback only has to make limited decisions. Tyler had a lot more on his plate and seemed capable of digesting info and making quick decisions. It doesn’t guarantee to transfer to the next level but it’s a very positive sign.

Yea I see this is old lol

Kids will never say bad things about their teammates.....everyone is always elite. That Offense was so bad he threw all the buzz words out to and what we saw on the field was garbage. I think the first drive vs UF was the best play calls of the season

That first drive against UF shows you everything wrong with this program.

When we played with a strategy that fit our personnel, we marched down the field. When we didn’t, we looked awful.

We set our players up to fail and then through them under the bus to excuse moronic coaching.

Lashlee could have success with any of our quarterbacks, including Martell AND Jarren.
Many still don’t comprehend how bad Richt and Enos were and how their personal failures allowed the quarterback room and offense to get completely out of control.

We may not be Oklahoma or 2019 LSU on offense, but we WILL look like the team that marched down the field against a top 10 sec team.We saw our identity with our own eyes and threw it away for a coach’s preference.

I do not believe we will endure that anymore under Lashlee.

I love the skill-set TVD brings to the table. Big-time arm, great short-area quickness which should help in the pocket. Also great that we do not have to rely on him really at all this season with King starting. I'm hoping we can get him work in 4 games to see how he looks with live reps and then let the chips fall where they may next year.

Advertisement
Seriously.. I don't EVER recall Miami players saying anything less about any other teammate..especially a QB

That first drive against UF shows you everything wrong with this program.

When we played with a strategy that fit our personnel, we marched down the field. When we didn’t, we looked awful.

We set our players up to fail and then through them under the bus to excuse moronic coaching.

Lashlee could have success with any of our quarterbacks, including Martell AND Jarren.
Many still don’t comprehend how bad Richt and Enos were and how their personal failures allowed the quarterback room and offense to get completely out of control.

We may not be Oklahoma or 2019 LSU on offense, but we WILL look like the team that marched down the field against a top 10 sec team.We saw our identity with our own eyes and threw it away for a coach’s preference.

I do not believe we will endure that anymore under Lashlee.
I saw that first drive and said oh we running over these fools....but then we stood to similar and if adjusted. Jordan and Mallory u can't cover.....the only way I cover them is with pressure from the DL

Advertisement
Back