Canes open as one point favorites

Advertisement
Line will close @ UM +2. While not all of the GT games ended up with close finals, most have...and were tight affairs. Their QB got destroyed by TM and pick sixed by LG last yr..This year he's hit and miss, but come up clutch late in games, like his tiny miracle vs Georgia Southern.

If they're able to beat VT on the road, they're capable of beating this UM team. GT must not be a vegas goodie after a bye week? I'll wait for the UM +2, this could be a parley special though.

parlay it with bama -4 at ole miss.

I don't understand how they were able to beat VT. VT had much better talent (particulary on both lines) and still couldn't get it done at HOME.....that does have me a bit concerned.

Talent-wise, is UM 15 points better than GT? If so, we win by one point, taking into account the negative coaching efficiency of Golden & Co. Always putting their players in a position to underperform.

LMAO at people learning their lesson. This board will never have a Duke moment again...."they will put up over 500 yards"...."Cutcliffe will outcoach everyone on our staff"......

This week is too uncomfortable for those people, so now we're predicted to beat everyone.

Rather than post this type of stuff, why not engage those people in discussion about the game. For example, I expected us to beat Duke and put that position out there before the game. It's on this board for your view and to create dialogue. If we turn everything into a "LMAO, mopes vs slurpers" thing, this board will continue to suffer.

Advertisement
LMAO at people learning their lesson. This board will never have a Duke moment again...."they will put up over 500 yards"...."Cutcliffe will outcoach everyone on our staff"......

This week is too uncomfortable for those people, so now we're predicted to beat everyone.

We are two weeks removed from letting Nebraska rush for 6 miles.

Everyone realizes GT sucks and saw the titanic shift in coverages, gap techniques, and blitz packages vs Duke.

Rather than post this type of stuff, why not engage those people in discussion about the game. For example, I expected us to beat Duke and put that position out there before the game. It's on this board for your view and to create dialogue. If we turn everything into a "LMAO, mopes vs slurpers" thing, this board will continue to suffer.

In the meantime, you're sitting by while Hulkacaniac pulls up threads from a year ago to tell someone to "guzzle ***".

Well done, "Administrator", well done.

We are due, if we play like we did Saturday, we will smoke them. This is one team the Coach D defense can handle. Should be a big game for the offense. GT is not a good team.

Prediction: Pain.

Tyriq McCord GT hit 2013.gif

Advertisement
You can hate our staff all you want but you gotta drop any Paul Johnson slurpage this week. The guy is one of the biggest corches going (in very fertile recruiting grounds) yet never seems to actually be held to any real standard or have his seat warmed. We actually should be very glad of that because there's no real reason why GT shouldn't actually be better than VT every year. I've said it elsewhere but this was one of our road games that concerned me the least. Our staff has shown the (rare) ability to beat this team and their antiquated offense at home and on the road and I think this will be a huge day for an ever improving Kaaya as the atmosphere won't nearly be as imposing as his first two away games.

Canes 35-Georgia Dorks 23

In the meantime, you're sitting by while Hulkacaniac pulls up threads from a year ago to tell someone to "guzzle ***".

Well done, "Administrator", well done.

I'm focused on football discussion. You're welcome to join in. Here's a thread for this week: http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/79468-GTech-Week-Let-s-take-a-look

I look at this way different than I look at other games. If we don't turn the ball over on offense we beat then by at least 10. No D actually know how to play them and most of our players have played against this offense a bunch.....which is key. We can't waste drives or allow them to possess the ball. We can stretch them deep like we always do. Points are premium against them, it takes them out of their element

Advertisement
Make them chase points...i.e. it is important to get a lead on them, as they don't have an offense that is built to come back. Get up by two possessions, and we should have little to no problem.

Advertisement
Make them chase points...i.e. it is important to get a lead on them, as they don't have an offense that is built to come back. Get up by two possessions, and we should have little to no problem.

We got up by 19 on them in 2012. They proceeded to score 36 unanswered points. so, it's not like they can't come back. I still don't trust our defense up there.

I think it's somewhat of a misconception that we own GT and we have their offense figured out. We haven't lose to then in forever and under Shannon (after that 08 debacle) we owned GT. But the past 2 years this game has been an absolute dogfight. We barely scraped an OT victory when we stopped them 4th and 1 from the 1.5 yard line. They ripped off 36 unanswered points on us. The last year they were up like 17-7 on us and about to score and fumbled in our redzone. Don't know if we come back from a 24-7 deficit. That game got out of hand late with the pick 6 and the other int once we forced them to throw but it was a close 1 score game about midway into the 4th if I remember correctly. I think coach d sucks with the option and we have beaten them with our athleticism. We always have one guy who is reading what the qb does and is always late to react. We don't seem to have one guy assigned to the qb no matter what and 1 guy assigned to the pitch man no matter what.

Luckily for us I think this GT team is worse than they have been and our offense should put up points. But in no way do I view this as an automatic win and anyone who does I think isn't really looking at how the games have gone and are just looking at our results and success against them the past 5 years getting 5 w's.

Btw I said the same thing last year before GT when everyone thought our D was vastly improved and I got SLAMMED here. We'll see how this goes...

Sorry for typos I'm on my cell phone...should be easy to interpret what I was trying to say

Advertisement
Back