Canes open as one point favorites

Advertisement
Do you guys see the progress we've made?

We're now favored against a team that has played in the ACC championship.

#trendingup

Advertisement
Paul Johnson will outcorch us. GT by three.

The same Paul Johnson who was owned by Randy Shannon?

Al Golden isn't nearly the coach as Randy Shannon.

I have veered mightily towards your end of the spectrum on Golden (you were right and my blind insistence on logic and objectivity leading up to the season failed me). But you are WAY out of line here sir. Randy Shannon put himself over the good of this program in the worst way -- he knew he was out; got lazy; and put Miami back a number of years by handing over two months before signing day an almost non-existent recruiting class.

At least Folden tries really hard. He's just over his head and trying to pretend like he belongs. But he will at least will leave the next coach a much better roster and recruiting class than Shannon did. And that roster will include the best talent at QB that we've had in over a decade. That is the only reason I will always rank Randy last among UM corches. I hate stubbornness. And I loathe incompetence, especially at this level. But nothing ****es me off more than laziness.

/If I could have Randy now instead of Folden, I would take it in a heartbeat with this roster. And I would give my first born illegitimate kid to have him coaching our defense.

Randy>Coker

Advertisement
I've watched all GT games this year. They've gotten worse everywhere except QB. Justin Thomas is a much better passer than Nesbitt, Washington or Vad Lee. I think he's also faster. He's 5'10 so not a load to bring down but he's a pretty good athlete.

Smelter is their top WR (walk-on from the baseball team). Big Physical wide out...but that's about it. This is probably GT's weakest squad in years talent-wise. They've had trouble putting away Tulane and GaSo. We should roll, but then again they've got Yandle and you have to take into account the Golden/DNo factor

Anyway that's my take. Dan E D's write up will be more entertaining

Paul Johnson will outcorch us. GT by three.

Paul Johnson is the most arrogant non SEC coach and that arrogance cost him multiple games.

For example, 2 years ago it's 4th and 1 on the 2 yard line against Miami. Our kicker had missed like 3 out of his last 4 kicks. He's goes for it and doesn't get it and breaks his defenses spirit and they give up a td w ays later.

I'm not saying he is a terrible coach, he is not good though, but his ****iness and arrogance will cost his team Saturday night as it does in almost every big game since his first year.

Johnson is a very good coach. Has always done more with less. He brought Navy from the dregs, and his disciple Nieumatolo has continued the progression. And he has done well at lowly Ga Tech as well. He also won at least one national title and Div1AA Ga Southern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back