Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

Can someone be so kind to list all of the “palmetto” kids they’re talking about. Thx

Advertisement
You do realize every Hoover top kid doesn’t go to bama tho?

bruh where did I say that?

that’s like me saying I love waffles and you going so why you hate pancakes? Like no man that’s a whole nother sentence.

Of course not every top kid at a local HS goes to the local college. Not even Saban expects that.

i said if a local hs coach from bama came out salty And said some Bs comments or was actively steering kids away from the program he would have them banished.

HS coaches in Texas, Louisiana, Bama, Cali would never steer kids away from the local schools. It’s only down here where they bad mouth schools it’s ridiculous.
You dont need to even leave the state. Kids from the panhandle go to FSU and kids from central florida go to UF. This idea that South Florida HS act the same as everyone everywhere else is just dishonest. The amount of poaching and no love for the home team is unique to So Flo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They'll always tell on themselves. Local coaches encouraging OOS trips and commitments. We have no local pride in our schools smh

It is a high school coaches job to prepare his athletes as best he can. It is then his job to make sure he gets looks and if it comes down to it, give advice on what he thinks is the best fit for said athlete. A coach should never push a kid somewhere, let the kid and his family make that call. Even if it's not a school on the radar, even suggest he takes a look wherever. You get attached to these young men, see them transform from kids to young adults and want the best for them. That's providing you're not some homer scumbag with a handout.

I know for sure there's been a long *** time I wouldn't send my kid here if he was of age and had offers from everyone. It would give me no greater joy to see him in uniform, but I'm more about his future. We haven't been the place I would be comfortable sending him, but that can all change. We all hope it does.

“To be honest with the way things are with the pandemic, Miami’s got a play on all of these kids,” Manasco said. “It’s just what Miami’s need is with how many DBs do they need, how many d-linemen do they need.”

The sway to stay home locally is something Miami is hoping to take advantage of and something Manasco believes has already happened.

“These kids need to get out and see these campuses and that’s why Miami is killing it right now with recruiting because these kids can’t go anywhere to other campuses and see anything,” Manasco said.

Manasco is Head Coach of Palmetto

InsideTheU
Hey, take advantage of what we can get. Throw up a 10+ win season and we could really start rolling with equally good classes for 2022 and beyond. It could all be what the doctor ordered for our anemic program. Something this crazy ending up landing us #6.

That's always been the case, before the Covid shutdown not one single Palmetto kid was interested in Miami, that's why if you go back to February/March we basically had no shot with any of them, but since they haven't been able to take visits a few of them have been more receptive to Miami because we've increased our communication with them & they already have familiarity with our staff & campus.

I had been saying for months that the reason they were drinking the Gaytor Kool-Aid is because Coach Hova is plugged in with the staff at Palmetto, their coaches are all SEC groupies that push their kids to the highest bidders.

That's why our fans should really have an appreciation for MNW & Chaminade staffs because they're two of the few that actually likes Miami & aren't searching for SEC benefits, they wanna keep the best kids home & try to help us as much as they can. Most staffs down in South FL don't give AF about us & try like **** to send their kids anywhere else but Miami.

So why should we believe that things will not change when things open back up!

It ain't their job to sell kids to the SEC either or to be KKK groupies.
1594174844711.gif

Advertisement
I always wonder why people think all the other schools pay recruits and make it sound like we don’t? I think everyone does something to an extent. I know how Alabama works and others, but I kinda think Diaz plays the game a little himself.

Advertisement
It disgusts me for local coaches to push kids away from Miami. Coaches in Los Angeles have more integrity than coaches in Miami. Let that sink in. LA coaches love to see their kids at USC and UCLA.

For some reason, Miami has become the mecca of douchebag head coaches that actively try to undermine the local program. But just like Miamis problems go higher than the program and stems with the BOT not caring about football, the issue these Benedict Arnold coaches goes beyond them being d!ckfaces. The local community could put plenty of heat on the coaches or influential school board members could make it clear to schools that coaches steering kids away from Miami will have consequences. But they don't care either.

There was a time when the city of Miami wanted to see the University of Miami winning championships. Now that the city is filled with transplants from the NY/NJ and Latin America, that time has long gone. Old school Cubans loved the U. If they heard a coach was sending players out of Miami and into KKK country, the community would take action. Now 32% of the Hispanic population is from central and south America. Nothing wrong with that, but they don't tend to have the attachment and loyalty to the program that the Cubans who came over in the 50s and 60s had.

Last edited:
I always wonder why people think all the other schools pay recruits and make it sound like we don’t? I think everyone does something to an extent. I know how Alabama works and others, but I kinda think Diaz plays the game a little himself.

never miss an opportunity to shoot at the home team. Stop being a bîtch

Good businesses use everything possible to their advantage. I would expect nothing less of Miami than to use the pandemic, the fear of flying, hotel rooms and travel in general to the school’s advantge.

And guess what, I bet USC, Texas, Ohio State and any other school with good local recruiting to do the same. Such is life. Adapt and thrive, or die.
‘Do I feel bad for the kids who aren’t able to be treated like kings on recruiting visits? Sure, but that loss is Miami’s gain. All is fair in business.

Advertisement
Back