Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

That's always been the case, before the Covid shutdown not one single Palmetto kid was interested in Miami, that's why if you go back to February/March we basically had no shot with any of them, but since they haven't been able to take visits a few of them have been more receptive to Miami because we've increased our communication with them & they already have familiarity with our staff & campus.

I had been saying for months that the reason they were drinking the Gaytor Kool-Aid is because Coach Hova is plugged in with the staff at Palmetto, their coaches are all SEC groupies that push their kids to the highest bidders.

That's why our fans should really have an appreciation for MNW & Chaminade staffs because they're two of the few that actually likes Miami & aren't searching for SEC benefits, they wanna keep the best kids home & try to help us as much as they can. Most staffs down in South FL don't give AF about us & try like **** to send their kids anywhere else but Miami.

I wasn't going to say anything but.....

I've always wondered why Mancaso was always taking those trips to gainsville on his own dime renting a van and driving the 5 hours, strange stuff. Mancaso loves his SEC kool aid know that first hand unfortunately.

Advertisement
Yea he should make his kids only visit Miami despite other schools being better fits......he Needs t worry about the kids cause fans don’t give a **** about them mostly
His kids should explore their options. However to have 6 division 1 athletes 10 miles from campus with only 1 committed to Miami which has been rumored to flip for the last 6 months is suspect af.

That doesnt occur anywhere else in the country. If a high school in Tally Gainesville Blacksburg etc had 6 D1 prospects I guarantee minimum half commit to the hometown. It really appears from the outside looking in the guy is not pro miami. Unless you have inside info stating underwise then ur blind.

Advertisement
They'll always tell on themselves. Local coaches encouraging OOS trips and commitments. We have no local pride in our schools smh

Free vacation for them....they drive/fly them up and receve a few dollars...get pampered like a recruit whle they are at. I know alot of them are mad this is their "bag szn" typical sec runs during the summer

Advertisement
But it's only like that in South FL, trust me HS coaches in other prominent recruiting territories around the country absolutely push their kids towards the local schools, they don't always go there but best believe HS coaches in SEC country push their kids to stick close to home.

It's not the job of HS coaches to steer kids to Miami, but it's also not their job to push kids away from Miami as well. It wouldn't be an issue if all they did was just have an open line of communication with other programs, nothing wrong with that, but they actively tell kids not to go to Miami & actually attempt to undermine us at every turn. So it's not like we just have local coaches who don't push kids to stay home, we have local coaches who encourage kids to go play for our rivals & do so on purpose to spite us. That's the problem.

Thanks for speaking that real...

Some ppl just don’t want to see it.

This is far from accurate.

Manasco isn't the problem. Neither is him encouraging his team to visit SEC schools. If it wasn't for the DB's getting all that attention early, a lot of his other kids wouldn't have gotten the same looks that they got. He owes it to his team to take them around. We need to take advantage of our built in distance advantage and put a good product on the field.

I'm not talking about him specifically. I'm talking about the ones who take their kids on buses to SEC schools but don't do the same with Miami. Coaches should take them around, but we've kids literally get pushed away from Miami because coaches down here are on the take from the SEC.

That's always been the case, before the Covid shutdown not one single Palmetto kid was interested in Miami, that's why if you go back to February/March we basically had no shot with any of them, but since they haven't been able to take visits a few of them have been more receptive to Miami because we've increased our communication with them & they already have familiarity with our staff & campus.

I had been saying for months that the reason they were drinking the Gaytor Kool-Aid is because Coach Hova is plugged in with the staff at Palmetto, their coaches are all SEC groupies that push their kids to the highest bidders.

That's why our fans should really have an appreciation for MNW & Chaminade staffs because they're two of the few that actually likes Miami & aren't searching for SEC benefits, they wanna keep the best kids home & try to help us as much as they can. Most staffs down in South FL don't give AF about us & try like **** to send their kids anywhere else but Miami.
Your absolutely right. The mercenary mindset among "mentors" is a disgusting characteristic that gets passed on to these kids. I understand that mentality in the league but that can really sabotage a kid in the age group we are talking about.

Do high school coaches get any incentives for pushing kids towards non local schools? Or is the incentive seeing their favorite team (the turds for example) get a highly recruited kid?

Advertisement
Do high school coaches get any incentives for pushing kids towards non local schools? Or is the incentive seeing their favorite team (the turds for example) get a highly recruited kid?

INCENTIVES and Ego pulls. They want to be frends with these guys and build connections. Alot of these guys werent recruited or this s their 2nd go at recruitng through some of these kids.

Hasn’t been on the board in ions, was probably banned for being pro gaytor praising Henderson, taking shots at Columbus to Elijah’s Mom over them stealing kids from South Dade, is a High School Football Coach and just showed up out of the blue on the board and read this thread. 🤔

Anyone want to look back at his porsts and guess who it is? Lol. I have a suspicion... or close to a suspicion.

50F8BC7F-C680-4F3F-B840-98EC3713D01E.jpeg

Last edited:
INCENTIVES and Ego pulls. They want to be frends with these guys and build connections. Alot of these guys werent recruited or this s their 2nd go at recruitng through some of these kids.

I would also assume that a lot of these HS coaches would like to coach on the college level. I’m sure they feel like they have a better chance if they do a school a solid by sending them a player with the idea that they can recruit more guys if given the opportunity. Just a thought..

Advertisement
Hasn’t been on the board in ions, was probably banned for being pro gaytor praising Henderson, taking shots at Columbus to Elijah’s Mom over them stealing kids from South Dade, is a High School Football Coach and just showed up out of the blue on the board and read this thread. 🤔

Anyone want to look back at his porsts and guess who it is? Lol. I have a suspicion... or close to a suspicion.

View attachment 120931
People said I have a tinfoil hat on (I do). But this place is full and I mean full of spies and lurkers from other teams.

Advertisement
Back