Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

I always wonder why people think all the other schools pay recruits and make it sound like we don’t? I think everyone does something to an extent. I know how Alabama works and others, but I kinda think Diaz plays the game a little himself.

My guess would be our “resources” aren’t as “large” as other schools resources add that plus losing equals the bigger bags win out. If we can start winning maybe a lil bit extra wouldn’t go such a long way

Advertisement
“To be honest with the way things are with the pandemic, Miami’s got a play on all of these kids,” Manasco said. “It’s just what Miami’s need is with how many DBs do they need, how many d-linemen do they need.”

The sway to stay home locally is something Miami is hoping to take advantage of and something Manasco believes has already happened.

“These kids need to get out and see these campuses and that’s why Miami is killing it right now with recruiting because these kids can’t go anywhere to other campuses and see anything,” Manasco said.

Manasco is Head Coach of Palmetto

InsideTheU
Maybe we get 2 if we are lucky 🤷🏽‍♂️

My guess would be our “resources” aren’t as “large” as other schools resources add that plus losing equals the bigger bags win out. If we can start winning maybe a lil bit extra wouldn’t go such a long way
completely agree! The losing and coaching changes also effects things considering its more then just about the bag for kids

Ivins just posted some more info on Marshall. Seems Manny and Rumph met with Marshall's parents (I presume on Zoom) last week. They are really working the father. This could be why Miami will now be in his new Top 3 or Top 5 when he puts it out. They know there's a long road ahead but they are working the family.

Ivins just posted some more info on Marshall. Seems Manny and Rumph met with Marshall's parents (I presume on Zoom) last week. They are really working the father. This could be why Miami will now be in his new Top 3 or Top 5 when he puts it out. They know there's a long road ahead but they are working the family.
Taylor and Williams talking to him 100% will have to do with us getting back in his top group, not the staff all of sudden recruiting the parents.

Advertisement
Per 247

“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said.

I mean this is untrue right? Ivins said so in the comments of the article and every indication is that the staff is after him hard. What's up with Palmetto's coach saying this?

Per 247

“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said.

I mean this is untrue right? Ivins said so in the comments of the article and every indication is that the staff is after him hard. What's up with Palmetto's coach saying this?
Mis spoke or a mixup in the interview somehow. Maybe the old staff didn’t want him. Current staff wants him bad. Ivins put his foot down and said he is very important to this current staff.

Advertisement
Per 247

This is totally false. Palmetto's coach is a lie. We have crystall balls for Smith for a reason: no staff is recruiting him harder. He's been the one player of the Palmetto 5 that we have had a clear shot at from the get go.

But it's only like that in South FL, trust me HS coaches in other prominent recruiting territories around the country absolutely push their kids towards the local schools, they don't always go there but best believe HS coaches in SEC country push their kids to stick close to home.

It's not the job of HS coaches to steer kids to Miami, but it's also not their job to push kids away from Miami as well. It wouldn't be an issue if all they did was just have an open line of communication with other programs, nothing wrong with that, but they actively tell kids not to go to Miami & actually attempt to undermine us at every turn. So it's not like we just have local coaches who don't push kids to stay home, we have local coaches who encourage kids to go play for our rivals & do so on purpose to spite us. That's the problem.
We can thank Donna Shalala for this ****. Her cosmetic change of The University of Miami and philosophies ****ed off the community of South Florida and **** near every coach included!!!

Advertisement
If the Palmetto coach was quoted accurately, then it certainly lends credence to the theory that he's a **** stirrer and no friend of my U.
It's what I've been trying to explain all year & in this very thread...

We get very little to no help locally from HS Corches, we fighting a War on two fronts bro, shìt is unreal.

We get very little to no help locally from HS Corches, we fighting a War on two fronts bro, shìt is unreal.
We have to fix that somehow. I’ve seen what a coach walking in to the schoolhouse with a U polo on does in Texas. My freshman year of high school I was working out with trey franks and James haynes (both were ou commits) and they were LITTTTT to see a coach here from Miami.

Advertisement

I've been hating local HS corches and "advisers" for a long time, brother. They're, for the most part, a bunch of bag chasing, clout chasing, KKK groupies.

Very frustrating. I wonder if coaches are this dramatic in all states (actually I already know the answer).

Chris Stock called the coach to clarify. He said he is going to update his story and add some opinion to it . Should be done shortly.

Just to add, he originally taped the conversation. What was said, was said. Stock didn't misunderstand.

Advertisement
Back