Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

Advertisement
He about to backpedal like an All-American CB training for the combine...

pretty much - here's the "update"
"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

Manasco believes Miami is heavily interested in Smith.

"They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."

pretty much - here's the "update"
"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

Manasco believes Miami is heavily interested in Smith.

"They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."
Terrible reporting aside, when’s the last time we heard such a glowing endorsement of our offensive staff on the trail?

So with that crap cleaned up the question becomes...

When does Brashard pop? Before/after July 31st? What’s everyone’s guess???

Advertisement
I find it interesting that Manasco suddenly found clarity regarding how Miami coaches have recruited Smith after a reporter asked him the same question once the interview was posted. I suspect he realized he was caught in a lie and his agenda would be exposed.

Has Palmetto ever had this many kids in one class getting so much attention? Maybe he's just doing a lot of interviews, which he isnt use to, and got mixed up. Who knows?

Have we given local coaches a reason to talk us up the last 15 years or so?

****, even the owner of this website was off the Manny train not too long ago, but local coaches are supposed to be aboard? What about with Richt? Golden? Shannon?

Would anyone here the last decade and a half have sent their kid here? You all were fire this and fire that while we sucked in the win department.

Most of us are show me on Manny at the very bare minimum. This coach could be a POS. I'm sure there's others out there. Guys we're after though typically go somewhere that's doing well or won more than us lately. How would you sell us? For real.

Has Palmetto ever had this many kids in one class getting so much attention? Maybe he's just doing a lot of interviews, which he isnt use to, and got mixed up. Who knows?
“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Manasco said.

then...

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all. They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."

Such drastically opposite statements suggests he was purposely going after Miami and was caught in a lie. I doubt he got confused if you read how different his response was when asked to clarify his comments after the interview was posted.

Advertisement
“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Manasco said.

then...

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all. They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."

Such drastically opposite statements suggests he was purposely going after Miami and was caught in a lie. I doubt he got confused if you read how different his response was when asked to clarify his comments after the interview was posted.
IMG6250706008620675150.gif

Probably not so many. But their 1993 and 1995 teams were very talented.

then...

I mean is it possible the what he originally said was “the new staff is in love with....” I mean on a phone call “is in love” and “isn’t in love” probably sound similar. None the less, like Inday pointed out, it’s been a while since I’ve heard a coach sing the praise of our recruiting efforts like this.

Advertisement
I mean is it possible the what he originally said was “the new staff is in love with....” I mean on a phone call “is in love” and “isn’t in love” probably sound similar. None the less, like Inday pointed out, it’s been a while since I’ve heard a coach sing the praise of our recruiting efforts like this.
Chris Stock posted that there was no error In the exact verbiage and he recorded the original interview. Besides when Chris called him back for clarification he clearly said he didn’t mean what he originally said at all. Reread his exact quotes before and after.

If the Palmetto coach was quoted accurately, then it certainly lends credence to the theory that he's a **** stirrer and no friend of my U.
I’m convinced him or someone in his circle was the gaytor slurper @HSFC who was banned for being a **** lover but mysteriously showed up on the board Tuesday, out of the blue, reading the palmetto thread.

8BB4D118-744F-4AB3-8551-067A0DD3E3D2.jpeg

Edit: reading back through posts, probably not that specific coach but an absolute Cane hating gaytor slurping **** mole.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One one hand, f*ck Manasco and glad that kids like Smith and apparently Taylor see right through his obvious agenda. On the other hand, Stock is a complete hack for taking those quotes at face value and should have pushed back before publishing the story.

Advertisement
Back