Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

Advertisement
I think all schools will see a record number of decommits once things open up. If we lose some of the in state kids, I'm sure as **** that other schools will too. We just have to be the first to get in their ears and tell them to come our way. Miami definitely has some appeal to OOS kids as you saw last cycle with Dunson, Smith, and of course King, Roche, and Jarrid Williams.

I want to see what the portal does next year. Probably a record.

And, I assume, we win.

They'll always tell on themselves. Local coaches encouraging OOS trips and commitments. We have no local pride in our schools smh
It’s not a HS coaches job recruit for Miami or steer talent to Miami . It’s their job to make sure their present and future athletes have a chance to earn a scolly..u do that by building bridges with these college programs

I just commented on the 247 board that I thought this coach sounds pretty salty- I read his comments a few times and he sounds downright annoyed. Glad to see I am not the only one who got that takeaway from his comments
That's always been the case, before the Covid shutdown not one single Palmetto kid was interested in Miami, that's why if you go back to February/March we basically had no shot with any of them, but since they haven't been able to take visits a few of them have been more receptive to Miami because we've increased our communication with them & they already have familiarity with our staff & campus.

I had been saying for months that the reason they were drinking the Gaytor Kool-Aid is because Coach Hova is plugged in with the staff at Palmetto, their coaches are all SEC groupies that push their kids to the highest bidders.

That's why our fans should really have an appreciation for MNW & Chaminade staffs because they're two of the few that actually likes Miami & aren't searching for SEC benefits, they wanna keep the best kids home & try to help us as much as they can. Most staffs down in South FL don't give AF about us & try like **** to send their kids anywhere else but Miami.

Advertisement
Coach at Palmetto doesn’t owe us anything. Our ****** product created this mess, not him.

If our coaches do their **** jobs and crush this schedule for 10+ wins then we can ***** at him for not steering kids out way.

Until then we have no right to call out anyone.

Last edited:
It’s not a HS coaches job recruit for Miami or steer talent to Miami . It’s their job to make sure their present and future athletes have a chance to earn a scolly..u do that by building bridges with these college programs
But it's only like that in South FL, trust me HS coaches in other prominent recruiting territories around the country absolutely push their kids towards the local schools, they don't always go there but best believe HS coaches in SEC country push their kids to stick close to home.

It's not the job of HS coaches to steer kids to Miami, but it's also not their job to push kids away from Miami as well. It wouldn't be an issue if all they did was just have an open line of communication with other programs, nothing wrong with that, but they actively tell kids not to go to Miami & actually attempt to undermine us at every turn. So it's not like we just have local coaches who don't push kids to stay home, we have local coaches who encourage kids to go play for our rivals & do so on purpose to spite us. That's the problem.

“These kids need to get out and see these campuses and that’s why Miami is killing it right now with recruiting because these kids can’t go anywhere to other campuses and see anything,” Manasco said.

Even if there's no season, the dead period won't last forever. Mark Emmert will make **** sure every recruit who wants to take a visit to an SEC school will get that chance. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA cuts out most of the remaining dead periods (even in February), while claiming it was done to help schools make up for missed payments... err.. recruiting time. They may place a cap on the number of family members a recruit can bring with them and the number of recruits who can visit a school at one time. But the NCAA will do something to make sure the money makers get visits from every recruit they want to visit. I just hope we can hold onto who we have after the dust settles.

Advertisement
I don't expect any coach down here to recruit for Miami. My issue is why put kids on buses and take tours to these SEC bag schools but then we see interviews where a kid didn't have a ride across town to go see Miami. It's obvious what those bus tours are when you don't see Miami included.

@ the thread title

tenor.gif

I don't expect any coach down here to recruit for Miami. My issue is why put kids on buses and take tours to these SEC bag schools but then we see interviews where a kid didn't have a ride across town to go see Miami. It's obvious what those bus tours are when you don't see Miami included.
This is far from accurate.

Manasco isn't the problem. Neither is him encouraging his team to visit SEC schools. If it wasn't for the DB's getting all that attention early, a lot of his other kids wouldn't have gotten the same looks that they got. He owes it to his team to take them around. We need to take advantage of our built in distance advantage and put a good product on the field.

This is far from accurate.

Manasco isn't the problem. Neither is him encouraging his team to visit SEC schools. If it wasn't for the DB's getting all that attention early, a lot of his other kids wouldn't have gotten the same looks that they got. He owes it to his team to take them around. We need to take advantage of our built in distance advantage and put a good product on the field.
No its not. Uncle Luke used to get paid to go "coach" at clinics. He was provided transportation for him and his players by the school. Yes having a stud on your team opens up for others to get looks, but a kid cant get a ride across town by same coaches that is the issue.

Advertisement
But it's only like that in South FL, trust me HS coaches in other prominent recruiting territories around the country absolutely push their kids towards the local schools, they don't always go there but best believe HS coaches in SEC country push their kids to stick close to home.

It's not the job of HS coaches to steer kids to Miami, but it's also not their job to push kids away from Miami as well. It wouldn't be an issue if all they did was just have an open line of communication with other programs, nothing wrong with that, but they actively tell kids not to go to Miami & actually attempt to undermine us at every turn. So it's not like we just have local coaches who don't push kids to stay home, we have local coaches who encourage kids to go play for our rivals & do so on purpose to spite us. That's the problem.

LCE, I shake my head everytime I read someone stating that it's not the job of a coach...yada yada yada. Maybe it's not SUPPOSED to be their job, but every **** where else you have coaches pushing kids to the schools in the area, and it's not just because the schools are winning. Even when the schools aren't winning, they'll say things like, "you can be a part of something special and change things around." Yeah you got the high school coaches echoing what the college coaches are trying to say. Meanwhile with regards to Miami, though, it's a different ballgame. Just getting hit from all angles.

I feel u..but in SEC country how many colleges come down there to compete for recruits from state to state. I’m not talking about the Trevor Lawrence of the world who everyone comes down there for. But the Daz worshams or Shaun Dion Hamilton’s in the heart of Alabama . In south Florida during the spring time it’s The Who’s who of college representatives who come down here to see our talent from all over. All type of kids down here in Florida get sought after not just the National guys. Some kids get offers down here soley what a coach saw in spring ball. So for a HS coach whose job is to get his kids to college he would be ignoring that aspect by trying shuffling kids to one school when there’s so many options that might open for a kid he has who may not be UM caliber.

As far as your second point, I don’t have any experience of that happening. You probably know something I don’t and I’ll take your word for it. But TBH if I was a HS coach from 2011-2014 in south Florida and I had a kid 5star kid who everybody wanted..I wouldn’t sell that kid to play for that Miami staff..I would try to sway him not too either but I’d definitely advise him to really research where he would be developed best and what he want his college experience to be.

Advertisement

If the HS head coach of Hoover or Thompson said what the Palmetto coach said Saban would have his *** coaching HS ball in Northeast Alaska

Advertisement
Back