Canes GTech - What's the outcome?

Advertisement
Great use of your time big dawg. I couldn’t imagine having 12k posts on a message board that I joined just to laugh but hey, do you my boy.

I could be smoking meth so yea id say its not a bad use of my time.

Keep accepting mediocrity though. Its done wonders for Miami.

Advertisement
I could be smoking meth so yea id say its not a bad use of my time.

Keep accepting mediocrity though. Its done wonders for Miami.

I’ll venmo you $100 if you can find anywhere on this message board of me accepting mediocrity or being satisfied with us in any way, shape, or form. I’ll wait....

I just find it funny for someone to take time out of their day to log on a board and comment stuff like “who cares”. You obviously do or you wouldnt be here lol.

But again, find where I am “accepting mediocrity” though. Please, I’m begging you, please.

I’ll venmo you $100 if you can find anywhere on this message board of me accepting mediocrity or being satisfied with us in any way, shape, or form. I’ll wait....

I just find it funny for someone to take time out of their day to log on a board and comment stuff like “who cares”. You obviously do or you wouldnt be here lol.

But again, find where I am “accepting mediocrity” though. Please, I’m begging you, please.

You have taken time out of your life to respond back to my post. Thats not a waste of time?

Im not looking foward to another season with diaz so i dont really care. Ill watch the game as i always do. Ill cheer on our players as i always do.

Advertisement
Defense has given up an average of 37 per game to p5 competition. Add in the fact that we generally struggle with mobile QBs, I smell another shootout and one possession type game.

This week I think we roll

Canes 49
GTech 24

Georgia Tech is pretty abysmal at 3-5; defense not a strong suit—but then again, neither is Miami's.

Put up 40 against the same Virginia team Miami only scored 28 against .... held to 17 last week by an average Virginia Tech squad.

Canes should get it done this week—but I could see a stumble against FSU or VT if any d-coordinators bring the heat against TVD and there are a few mistakes. (Kid eventually has to come back down to earth after these past two weeks.)

Yellow Jackets have a strange hex against Miami; upsetting the Canes in 2019 (as a one-win team that lost to The Citadel) and taking UM to the wire in 2017—falling up there in 2018 under Richt, too. The Rambling Wreck leads the series 12-13—Canes up 9-7 since joining the ACC.

Should get them this year—but nothing would surprise me.

Miami 37, Georgia Tech 24

Advertisement
At home, favoured, feeling ourselves after two wins against Top25 ranked programmes.

Typically this is a loss circa 2003. I'm concerned that Touch Van Down isn't going to allow that to happen though - that kid is going to save Diaz's job at this rate.

37-27 Miami.

IF we blow them out I will be pleasantly surprised because as Htown said, this would be a trademark Miami loss.

TVD lights them up and we win by 21+… I’m going to be intrigued for the last couple games

Advertisement
Also, to the poster badmouthing Htown. Don’t. He (and I) have been howling on message boards about UM being cheap and mediocre as **** for **** near 15 years

Miami typically plays down to the competition...

GTech has been in every game they’ve played this year except for when Pitt dropped 52 on’em, but every other game has been close win/lose or draw.

Jeff Sims & Jahmyr Gibbs present an interesting set of problems for our Defense, our LB’s are going to have long day trying to contain the two of them & WR’s Kyric McGowan, Malachi Carter & Adonicas Sanders will more than likely eat our CB’s alive.

Defensively their LB Quez Jackson is one of the better LB’s in the ACC, Ayinde Eley is a good LB for them too.

But on the plus side for us, their secondary is pretty bad & they don’t have a good pass rush.

Miami should win going away, but this is a classic let down game early kickoff at home & looking past them towards the FSU game, I got us winning 31-27 but GTech makes us sweat until the 4th quarter.

Last year with King, I felt a lot more confident about trap games since it was clear that King didn't let wins go to his head. Don't think UNC was a classic let down game or trap game, Mack Brown owns Diaz, just like Norvell owns Brown. Sometimes it's hard to explain why one coach seems to have another's number. I think Tyler Van Dimes is a difference maker. Offense looks 10x better as Lashlee seems to have found the right QB for his system. Maybe it was a flash in the pan, but Pitt is legit. I get the sense the players have a "me against the world" mentality and they arent going to slip this game. Whether you want to say the newfound energy is happening in spite of Diaz or if they are rallying behind their beleaguered coach it doesn't matter. I think UM is going to win and we won't be sweating bullets in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
Back