Canes Football on TV?

I think it would make the games more exciting in any sports if they would simulate fan noises, make it look and sound that fans are actually there. Put bodies in the stands, like they are there. Technology.

Advertisement
I think it would make the games more exciting in any sports if they would simulate fan noises, make it look and sound that fans are actually there. Put bodies in the stands, like they are there. Technology.

have you not seen the nba games where they're doing that?

it's REALLLLLLLLY weird, it honestly looks like a video game.

***** that, just play the game

How many games are scheduled for that Thursday? Per the espn app, we are the only game set to be played that night. I’m guessing there will be an nba game, but nothing else for espn to air.

if there's an NBA playoff game on ESPn, itll get the nod over UAB

Advertisement
I am a season ticket holder, but don't expect to be able to go to games this year, at least not at the beginning. What is the University or the ACC doing to ensure that fans will at least be able to watch games on TV, especially considering that by the end of last season the ACC had not yet signed a contract with cable providers in South Florida (gross negligence IMO). Options? Reality?

The majority of Miami's games are on ESPN / ESPN2 (with some bigger ones on ABC).

With the exception of UAB (which is on a Thursday night, so odds are it'll be easier to find on TV than it would be on a Saturday.)

You'd have to go back to the ESPN GamePlan days to find an era where Miami games were harder to find on TV. Once the ESPNWatch app became a thing, 95% of Canes games have been easy to find and watch.

The majority of Miami's games are on ESPN / ESPN2 (with some bigger ones on ABC).

With the exception of UAB (which is on a Thursday night, so odds are it'll be easier to find on TV than it would be on a Saturday.)

You'd have to go back to the ESPN GamePlan days to find an era where Miami games were harder to find on TV. Once the ESPNWatch app became a thing, 95% of Canes games have been easy to find and watch.

Exactly, and there’s going to be at least 50% or more fewer football games on ESPN or any other sports broadcasting station, like ABC, so I don’t see a single game that we’re not going to be able to watch on television.

Hopefully I’ll be attending the home games, but if not, I have no doubt I’ll get to see each and everyone of them.

Advertisement
True, maybe the nba goes to abc or Thursday is TNT’s night.

no. unless its the finals, itll be ESPN or TNT depending on the night or broadcast rights (in the past, TNT would cover the ECF (for example) while ESPN would cover the WCF (obv which network covered which would switch but they'd carry the entire Conference finals round).

Exactly, and there’s going to be at least 50% or more fewer football games on ESPN or any other sports broadcasting station, like ABC, so I don’t see a single game that we’re not going to be able to watch on television.

Hopefully I’ll be attending the home games, but if not, I have no doubt I’ll get to see each and everyone of them.
everything will be televised. id bet the game is on ESPNU or 2 if the NBA coverage that night is on ESPN reg

Advertisement
i dumbed Directv after 18 years and Hulu has been great for all my college sports needs.
I understand but for some our Condo Associations have contracts with Cable providers... With us on the beach it's Atlantic Broadband... I realistically could cancel the Cable portion of my deal but I would then see an increase in the internet portion due to breaking the package up... As it stands right now my Internet and Cable are cheaper than Hulu... So to add Hulu on top of my package for essentially one channel just doesn't make sense...
There's plenty of ways to still watch but that way just isn't a worthwhile option.... I'll be a bigger fan of cord cutting when control of internet is taken away from cable providers... But that seems to be a long way off...

Last edited:
everything will be televised. id bet the game is on ESPNU or 2 if the NBA coverage that night is on ESPN reg

Of course it will be. It makes sense. There’s just way less games and many more opportunities for them to be televised. I guarantee you there will be, why give up the extra ad revenue, when it’s likely that they won’t have anything else that would generate those ratings.

Advertisement
Can you say that again? The McDonalds wifi is cutting out again.
37d9bdb7c73461d311849fbcaa435040.jpg

I'm on attempt one.. this might take a while...

How broke are some of yall man? Cant pay for internet and cable? **** ain't that expensive man. No wonder some of you act the way you do on here
Which one is AOL considered? Should I switch to Prodigy?

Having no Big 10 games (also Pac12) may be the greatest thing about 2020!

Advertisement
Back