Canes fans were duped

Lol move away from ALL THE local coaches???? Goodbye Golden.

Yeah you definitely don't move away from all the local coaches. Ice maybe... But definitely not all. I think Ice realizes he has put himself in a very bad situation. The question is what will he do to make up for the stupidity of that media blitzkrieg

Pushing 6 here would go a long way I'm sure.....:).

Advertisement
Al is VERY meticulous, no way he makes this move without a motive or a reason for doing so. It's time we moved away from all the local coaches and uncle Luke bs. Times have changed.

Lol move away from ALL THE local coaches???? Goodbye Golden.

Yeah let's just abandon recruiting south Florida, great idea

He worded it wrong, but I totally get what the guy is saying. Of course we will recruit in South Florida. It's the program's lifeblood as we can't survive without it, but the High School coaches in the area need to be made to understand that this ain't a circus. Miami is a college football program. They are providing a service to the community and for some reason the area coaches have gotten the game ****ed up. They think this is about a pony show for their players and if they **** over the program in the process, then that's just the cost of doing business. Well, No. There's a new sheriff in town and AG ain't having it, nor should he. You were provided with ample opportunity to choose the University you claimed to love and you juggled and tap danced your way out of an offer. ****s in our hands is no longer an option.

Most respecting coaches in the area will understand this. Those who have ego's and feel as though they are above respecting and working in concert with the program will be treated in the manner that they deserve.

What does Randy Shannon have to do with Al Golden messing this up. Where were the "Give Randy a break" threads On different sites that some of you are also on. Just be fair in your judgement.

He got plenty of time. Al was being crucified in year 1 but most gave Randy until the 4th year

Advertisement
Tim ice harris was not retained by the current miami staff. The canes did right by him and let him appear to leave on his own accord to coach hs footaball. What has he done for us since he left? BRANDON HARRIS LEFT EARLY when staff begged him to stay. 2012 not a single recruit. 2013 nothing. 2014 we won't get the dt and we won't get his son treon. What do you call that? Its called revenge. tim ice harris is an enemy of the U.

2012 the team was young and they didn't have any seniors that were UM caliber...

Ice is butthurt because this ruin his ESPN gig he had planned, at least that's what I gather from that interview..

Advertisement
It's obvious that Lice isn't going to do any favors for Al and UM, so it's time to step away from Lice and Booker T. Lice has done a disservice to his student/athletes.

Advertisement
Why dont you ask nick if he would of won a championship with our 2008 class or would he go 500 like randy did!

Ice should follow this exact advice. If he wants his players to continue to get the opportunity to play for UM then he should deal with matters like this more professionally.

Advertisement
It has nothing to do with black or white, I rooted for Shannon as much as anybody but he didn't get the job done.

Maybe for you. It has a lot to do with black and white for some

I'm sure it does because for some it is always about black and white. In this case it is amusing because many of the blacks in the inner city hated Shannon.

Its weird. Randy hooked up Ice, Bell, and a couple others but the ones who were left out felt slighted. Then he started burying the program and he was being crucified. Yet, when he got fired, it wasn't cool and he didn't get enough time.

It has nothing to do with black or white, I rooted for Shannon as much as anybody but he didn't get the job done.

I'm sure it does because for some it is always about black and white. In this case it is amusing because many of the blacks in the inner city hated Shannon.

Its weird. Randy hooked up Ice, Bell, and a couple others but the ones who were left out felt slighted. Then he started burying the program and he was being crucified. Yet, when he got fired, it wasn't cool and he didn't get enough time.

Exactly right. And by the way, Corey Bell is as good a dude you will find. Ice has the image, Corey has the substance.

Those coaches (i.e. HS Coaches) should be all about the kids and getting them into the best college possible or just an opportunity to get an education. Instead (many) they are all about themselves the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Anybody saying anything negative about ICE are complete ********. This man has put plenty of players into college....young black inner city kids at that! He got his kids into UM and both of them contributed more than any of you low life punks that talk **** behind a computer screen. He is not obligated to send his kids to UM because he once coached there. If he did that then that would make him like any other coach sending his players to his alma mater or former school that we all so complain about. So, if you are not out there with ICE and his coaching staff changing these young black men lives then shut the **** up period!

Advertisement
Back