Canes fans were duped

bigdaddiee

Recruit
Tim ice harris was not retained by the current miami staff. The canes did right by him and let him appear to leave on his own accord to coach hs footaball. What has he done for us since he left? BRANDON HARRIS LEFT EARLY when staff begged him to stay. 2012 not a single recruit. 2013 nothing. 2014 we won't get the dt and we won't get his son treon. What do you call that? Its called revenge. tim ice harris is an enemy of the U.

Advertisement
Interesting. I thought him and Barrow were close and he wouldnt do that to him. Wouldnt be shocked at all though. Golden took over for his boy who hooked him up

He'll be standing outside of parent pick-up for the rest of his life due his display of public gayness.

Advertisement
Too many non-loyal pieces of **** down here. I'm curious if you see this kind of me first, hand out, what can I gain from this situation, type of attitude in small college towns?

Too many non-loyal pieces of **** down here. I'm curious if you see this kind of me first, hand out, what can I gain from this situation, type of attitude in small college towns?

Of course not...but small college towns don't have this kind of talent all over the place either.

Quite a few posters thought Ice Harris would cause problems once we let him go during the staff change.

Considering he hasn't yielded a single positive result for the University yet...OP might be on to something. A shame, too...because Ice is very respected in the Overtown area. It doesnt help when you have some other former 'Canes still in the area that didn't exactly have good runs here, either.

Advertisement
it won't blow over he will ***** us again next year. Don't be fooled by this guy he is looking for his next gig at the next level.

Advertisement
How can you say if a guy died you would be okay with it. Ice is doing right by his players, and to be honest Golden messed this up big time. As a former college athlete I didn't play d1 ball but if my high school coach didn't have my back after a situation like this then I would lose respect for him as a person. Stop with all of the bashing and realize that if your son or daughter was done that way you would be just as upset as this kid is.

The irony is when Shannon and Ice were at UM the relationships with many local high school coaches was not good - especially in Dade county. There was a lot of jealousy and resentment towards Shannon, Ice and Corey Bell too. Several high school coaches were ****ed they didn't get the opportunity. It was ugly and there was not a lot of love for UM coaches. As bad as this seems, it was much worse then.

Advertisement
I think OP makes a very valid point and the commotion over something that wasn't even wrong is proof. Read Lukes tweets, all he does is bash UM, Golden and the program in general. Harris finally got his opportunity to blast the program and he took full advantage even though a half ****** can see Golden and staff were actually doing right by the kid and honoring his scholarship. I think they are trying to steer their kids away from Miami and I think Matthew Thomas is part of that IMO.

How can you say if a guy died you would be okay with it. Ice is doing right by his players, and to be honest Golden messed this up big time. As a former college athlete I didn't play d1 ball but if my high school coach didn't have my back after a situation like this then I would lose respect for him as a person. Stop with all of the bashing and realize that if your son or daughter was done that way you would be just as upset as this kid is.

Huh? If my son took a year to make up his mind and let a feb.1 deadline slide by, i'd tell him he learned a valuable lesson the hard way. Maybe you believe in coddling the egos of narcissistic kids, but that's certainly not any way to help them learn about life. Kirkland has nothing to be upset about. I don't even believe he is upset. That's Ice Harris's bullshizzle spin to push his agenda. If Kirkland wanted to go to UM, he would have told the staff he was coming. He could have done so even after they "pulled" the offer. He didnt.

Advertisement
Back