Canes bs Noles - Series Decider - 12pm, ESPN2!

I think we are far enough into the Gino era to say the following has been true:

- Losses vs UF and FSU are a yearly affair.
- Team seems to lack a degree of mental resiliency.

I give him credit for cleaning house after last year, but it’s hard not to point back to Gino on this. The team is reflecting something about him, because we are better than both Florida and FSU this year. We just didnt play like it.
We couldn’t beat an average FSU team who took their starter out in the second inning after burning their best bullpen arm last night. We are decent but not a great team. That’s what it is.

Advertisement
Just stop. We are allowed to score runs too.
I didn’t say we weren’t, but when you hand the opposing team enough runs to decide two separate games, your odds of winning drop significantly.

Which goes back to my original point. As bad as the offense was, without the errors, they did enough to sweep. FSU is that bad.

I didn’t say we weren’t, but when you hand the opposing team enough runs to decide two separate games, your odds of winning drop significantly.

Which goes back to my original point. As bad as the offense was, without the errors, they did enough to sweep. FSU is that bad.
I have to laugh at guys like you. We didn’t hand them anything. This is who we are. I can come up with if we did this, etc. We didn’t. We can’t. We’ve lost series to FL, GT, VT, FSU. That’s reality. We are decent. We aren’t great.

3 out of 4 this coming week is probably good enough for a Top 8 seed. That would be at worst 2nd in the ACC and a Top 10 RPI.
On the other hand, I’ll feel uncomfortable about hosting without a result in Charlotte if we don’t win at least two.
It's kinda amazing with even how bad we're playing down the stretch, that we built up such a lead in the standings to even have this opportunity.

We're a lock to host a regional, and a series win from getting a top 8 seed, I don't think the tourney would take us out of that.

Didn't get to watch much of the game today, went out and enjoyed my Sunday but was following on my phone, sounds like another poor showing.

We are what we are at this point, a good but flawed young team with serious weaknesses that has to rely on incredibly inconsistent hitting to cover for unreliable starting pitching outside of Palmquist. It's just a bad a combo, but hopefully we can stay home for regionals and supers and see how the matchups play out.

Advertisement
We couldn’t beat an average FSU team who took their starter out in the second inning after burning their best bullpen arm last night. We are decent but not a great team. That’s what it is.
Yeah you’ve said that like 15 times in this thread already. Do you have a reply to either of my 2 points?

I have to laugh at guys like you. We didn’t hand them anything. This is who we are. I can come up with if we did this, etc. We didn’t. We can’t. We’ve lost series to FL, GT, VT, FSU. That’s reality. We are decent. We aren’t great.
You clearly have no idea how I feel about this team. I’ve been sounding the alarm for weeks now. But us not being great, has nothing to do with FSU being worse and us still giving it away.

Advertisement
You clearly have no idea how I feel about this team. I’ve been sounding the alarm for weeks now. But us not being great, has nothing to do with FSU being worse and us still giving it away.
I guess I don’t care about FSU. They are mediocre. I care about Miami. We aren’t significantly better.

Advertisement
Sobering stat: we blew a 6 game lead in standings in a little over a month
Can go either way going into playoff baseball… either it wakes the team up as they’ve been riding a high horse or they just keep tanking and letting themselves lose games like today

ACC Standings heading into the final weekend
1 Miami
2 Virginia Tech -1.0
3 Louisville -1.5
3 Notre Dame -1.5
5 Florida State -3.0
UVA went 0-2-1 against Clemson this weekend. Clemson now sits 13th in the RPI despite an 11-14 conference record (they play BC next weekend).

Edit: Warren Nolan seems to have mishandled a weather delay. No tie. Still trying to get Game 2 of a DH in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3 out of 4 this coming week is probably good enough for a Top 8 seed. That would be at worst 2nd in the ACC and a Top 10 RPI.
On the other hand, I’ll feel uncomfortable about hosting without a result in Charlotte if we don’t win at least two.
This is what I think also, but it's hard to see that happening at the moment.

We’re incredibly fortunate that scheduling North Dakota State for finals week was the equivalent of hitting the RPI lottery jackpot, or we’d be having a very different conversation right now.

Playing hero ball vs. taking what the pitcher gives u. U crank out a couple of HRs, some batters get in their head they have to swing for fences.
this is just modern day hitting theory imo. The announcer mentioned it today, you could park a semi trailer between 3b and Ss on the shift. Frustrating.

Advertisement
Back