Canes bs Noles - Series Decider - 12pm, ESPN2!

Advertisement
Embarrassing series.

Rolled in game one. Went to sleep in games two and three—too many men left on base and unclutch work at the plate.

FSU kids played harder, wanted it more, were having fun and came up clutch—UM looked like it was going through the motions.

This team lacks cojones on the road. Better close strong and get winnable Super Regional at home.

Unfortunately, we really aren’t better. Maybe a little but not significantly. They outplayed us over 3 games. I was hoping for more today.

Agree. How is Miami "better"—have about 5-6 more wins on the season than FSU and just dropped two of three up there.

3 out of 4 this coming week is probably good enough for a Top 8 seed. That would be at worst 2nd in the ACC and a Top 10 RPI.
On the other hand, I’ll feel uncomfortable about hosting without a result in Charlotte if we don’t win at least two.

I’m so sick & tired of the teams up North. We’re so much better than what we display against them. Choked both games away. Bases loaded 0 outs w/ the line up we have? That should’ve broke the game wide open in our favor, yet we settled for 2. A one run lead w/ a shaky Rosario on the mound is not ideal, so of course the other shoe dropped to the tune of 3 runs for the bad guys.

Frustrating AF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unfortunately, we really aren’t better. Maybe a little but not significantly. They outplayed us over 3 games. I was hoping for more today.
This is blatantly false. That FSU is decent at best, Giving up 8 unearned runs is why they won. 3 today and 3 or 4 yesterday. Those runs are the difference in these two losses. That’s not even taking into account all the guys we left on third with less than two outs.

This is blatantly false. That FSU is good at best, Giving up 8 unearned runs is why they won. 3 today and 3 or 4 yesterday. Those runs are the difference in these two losses. That’s not even taking into account all the guys we left on third with less than two outs.
Ok. So giving up runs doesn’t matter. A great team wins this series. You contradicted yourself in your own post. Take a timeout.

I’m so sick & tired of the teams up North. We’re so much better than what we display against them. Choked both games away. Bases loaded 0 outs w/ the line up we have? That should’ve broke the game wide open in our favor, yet we settled for 2. A one run lead w/ a shaky Rosario on the mound is not ideal, so of course the other shoe dropped in to the tune of 3 runs for the bad guys.

Frustrating AF
Boogeyman. I’ve been saying it for years. It’s inbetween the ears.

Advertisement
The baseball team feels so much like the last 20 years of football arguments. It’s always something, we’re so close to being good again it’s easy to justify bad play here and there. But the bottom line is great teams don’t make these mistakes with so much consistency, that’s part of being great. They’re not so consistently inconsistent on the road, or In Big series etc, very frustrating

Advertisement
4-2 over these last two series was always what was gonna be needed. Idk why people assumed 3-3 was good enough.

You sweep or you get a 3-4 seed in the ACCT and probably need to win your group for a top 8 seed.
I mostly agree. We win 2 against ND and we're guaranteed #2 seed and #1 if Duke wins at least 1 game against VT.

More importantly, if we lose the ND series, we can kiss a top 8 seed goodbye.

We need to win the ND series and at least win our pod in the ACC tournament to get a top 8 seed.

Last edited:
3 out of 4 this coming week is probably good enough for a Top 8 seed. That would be at worst 2nd in the ACC and a Top 10 RPI.
On the other hand, I’ll feel uncomfortable about hosting without a result in Charlotte if we don’t win at least two.
Agree. That UCF win mid week was huge. Allowed for a 2-2 week even with a series loss against FSU. Must be beat Florida Gulf Coast and take 2 of 3 against Notre Dame and we’re in excellent shape for a top 8.

Now, top 8 might not mean anything as this team gives you no reason to think they can make a real run based on what we’ve seen. Shaky as **** pitching, way too many unforced errors and absolutely atrocious discipline at the plate.

Who is the hitting coach? Our batters are way behind in the count early almost every at bat. And way too many 3 to 4 pitch outs.

Agree. That UCF mmid week was huge. Allowed for 2-2 week even with a series loss against the FSU. Must be Florida Gulf Coast and take two out of three against Notre Dame and we’re in excellent shape for a top 8.

Now, top 8 might not mean anything as this team gives you no reason to think they can make a real run based on what we’ve seen. Shaky as **** pitching, way too many unforced errors and absolutely atrocious discipline at the plate.

Who is the hitting coach? Our batters are way behind in the count early almost every at bat. And way too many 3 to 4 pitch outs.
How many sliders completely out of the zone did we swing at today? A lot

Advertisement
I think we are far enough into the Gino era to say the following has been true:

- Losses vs UF and FSU are a yearly affair.
- Team seems to lack a degree of mental resiliency.

I give him credit for cleaning house after last year, but it’s hard not to point back to Gino on this. The team is reflecting something about him, because we are better than both Florida and FSU this year. We just didnt play like it.

Agree. That UCF win mid week was huge. Allowed for a 2-2 week even with a series loss against FSU. Must be beat Florida Gulf Coast and take 2 of 3 against Notre Dame and we’re in excellent shape for a top 8.

Norberto Lopez. He’s also the catching coach.

It’s not so bad when you consider we really have one good starting pitcher. Some of the young guys may develop but when you see what other teams are trotting out night after night it’s pretty evident we’re going to have to go on a massive hitting streak to do anything of significance in the post season.

I mostly agree. We win 2 against ND and we're guaranteed #2 seed and #1 if Duke wins at least 1 game against VT.

ND would need to sweep us to get the #2 seed.

More importantly, if we lose the ND series, we can kiss a top 8 seed goodbye.

We need to win the ND series and at least win our pod in the ACC tournament to get a top 8 seed.
The 1 and 2 seed in the ACC goes to the division winners not who finishes 1 and 2

Advertisement
Back