Canes bs Noles - Series Decider - 12pm, ESPN2!

Some of yall are ******* miserable. It's insane! Reading this **** you would think we are a fringe tourney team. No potential national seed is a "average or decent" team. Plain and simple.
No ****, right? People are a little off the rails when it comes to Canes baseball. Take a breath and go for a walk. Get hobby or something.

Advertisement
Florida and FSU aren't even that good this year. That is so frustrating. I feel like Miami is better than both, but contrary to the 90's and early 00's Canes teams they don't perform well against their rivals for whatever reason.

This team has too many holes to make it to Omaha. Just isn't happening imo.
Agreed. We don't have the pitching to make it through, and our hitting approach is awful. There's always a chance we get an outlier performance on the mound, but we'd need a couple of those.

Also, is there any reason to start Rosario this Sunday? Give someone else a shot.

Losing 2/3 on the road against the noles isn’t the issue. It’s the way in which we did is cause for GREAT CONCERN this late in season with so much on the line against your biggest rivals…. After getting swept by them last year on our home field 🤮
The way we lose games isn’t pretty. A couple of us have been talking about this for weeks, but bc we were winning series, it got overlooked by the masses. The red flags have been there, but nothing has changed. That’s what drives me insane.

The way we lose games isn’t pretty. A couple of us have been talking about this for weeks, but bc we were winning series, it got overlooked by the masses. The red flags have been there, but nothing has changed. That’s what drives me insane.

Perfectly said.
  • If you go down, then go down fighting
  • Make every at bat have a purpose. You only get 27 outs, so use all of them deliberately
  • If you lose, make the other team not only have to play better than you, but make them have to play well to win. Don't lose because you helped them.
  • Sometimes, luck just doesn't ride the bus with you to the ballpark. But effort always makes the trip. (so should speed and defense, but that's another story)
By the way, these rules aren't mine. Can't take credit for them. They were spoken by a pretty knowledgable baseball guy. He's the one with the statue outside mark light stadium

Advertisement
Only 11 LOB the last 2 games. Nice going guys.

Maybe if you didn't strike out 32 times over the span of those 2 losses....

The approach at the plate in 7-8-9 just concerns me. Our best hitters just looked lost. Completely different than earlier in the game and series.

The approach at the plate in 7-8-9 just concerns me. Our best hitters just looked lost. Completely different than earlier in the game and series.
That's what I don't get and it wasn't just the freshmen - where's the leadership from the returning players? Burke was the only one who didn't seem to choke on Sunday.

Big picture, it didn't hurt us that much, but the poor play vs our in-state rivals has to stop one of these years.

Advertisement
We're seeing too many similarities to the late Morris era. Defense and baserunning are mere afterthoughts, so we're needlessly giving up bases and outs on both sides of the ball. We aren't forcing teams to have to play well to beat us. I give Dimare credit for turning over the roster, but those guys who got the boot are also ones he was responsible for bringing in as head recruiter and developing as hitting coach under Morris. The error correction has a Manny feel to it.

Renzo was starting to come on in RF and Villegas was steady in LF. Need those blokes back.

DiMare special. Baseball team sh@tting the bed down the stretch. Both UF and FSU mediocre this year and we lost both series. I really wish we would have went with a different skipper when Morris retired.
this **** nepotism bs!!! hopefully ad rad stops this chit!

Advertisement
Nope he doesn’t exist. He’s just some guy mentioned on here. Not a real guy. Can’t convince me otherwise.
Prob fastest on the team 6.39 in the 60..... In the limited time he was in in 2022 he was 1.000 fielding........... 6 for 6 SB's, those numbers could have been higher but runners on when entering as a pinch runner, lopsided score etc kind of holds that up.... 19 % strikeout rate .... Starting role this year....lets hope....

Advertisement
Prob fastest on the team 6.39 in the 60..... In the limited time he was in in 2022 he was 1.000 fielding........... 6 for 6 SB's, those numbers could have been higher but runners on when entering as a pinch runner, lopsided score etc kind of holds that up.... 19 % strikeout rate .... Starting role this year....lets hope....
Is that you Jacoby? Like this if you’re a real person and not just a name on the roster.

Stop bumping an old game thread, Jacoby. If you want to be in the starting lineup, start hitting better.

We definitely agree you should see more of the field this season. Hang in there.

Advertisement
Back