Canes bs Longhorns - 6pm - ESPACCNX+/-

Advertisement
Problem is when we get men on base we are still trying to hit HR’s instead of just putting the ball in play…that kid had our hitters rolling over that average slider of his all game with guys trying to hit it out…

Yep.

An even average college baseball coach would have his hitters change their approach after seeing slider after slider.

Were those dude taunting on second during the 1st?

Anyone else getting really tired of the broken U? ******* every sport. We really need to start winning big and silence these clowns

Not just during the 1st inning. I saw it at least one other time in one other inning.

Advertisement
We can stay up for the next week coming up with reasons why we can’t get out of a regional but fact is until Dimare is gone and someone is brought in that knows what he’s doing and brings coaches with him that can also coach this is gonna be our ceiling…

if we get a sharp Gallo we will be ok. Which we need because a noon turnaround after a big game like this is tough to get a team going. We def could use a 2-3 run inning early tomorrow.

But if we have erratic Gallo we are in deep trouble. LA is going to run and put pressure on us and that’s a bad mix for a team coming off a late night game. Mix in that it will likely be hot and humid it’s even easier to come out flat. Match the energy early and get to tomorrow night.

Not just during the 1st inning. I saw it at least one other time in one other inning.

Well if we’d of scored some runs or stopped them from scoring we could have thrown the horns down at them cause they love so much and it would have ****ed them off.

Can’t remember who said it but a wise man once said if you don’t want a team celebrating stop them from doing the things that they’re celebrating about..

Advertisement
if we get a sharp Gallo we will be ok. Which we need because a noon turnaround after a big game like this is tough to get a team going. We def could use a 2-3 run inning early tomorrow.

But if we have erratic Gallo we are in deep trouble. LA is going to run and put pressure on us and that’s a bad mix for a team coming off a late night game. Mix in that it will likely be hot and humid it’s even easier to come out flat. Match the energy early and get to tomorrow night.
team had no energy or passion for tonights game

As a head coach, you have full faith in all of your guys. They are your guys. You would be singing a different tune if we’d have started a Ligon yesterday and he was throwing bp to that marine team. Gino did what he thought was best, it didn’t work out, and we can’t hit for ****. Wouldn’t have mattered who we started when you only score one run.

I mean Gino see’s a ball player in Long. He obviously is horrendous, but as a head coach you have faith in him. It’s not right, it just is what it is…

Correct.

Ligon wasn't throwing "fat pitches" in the first and second innings because Texas was so fearsome. It's because he didn't have his stuff AT ALL. No matter who he was pitching to. Which would have been the same story yesterday against Maine.

And imagine if we went down 4-0 to Maine? @WanderFranco is the one acting like "the attitude changes" down 4-0, so if that kinda Ligon-**** happens against Maine, maybe we lose Game 1.

All tha tbeing said, I PERSONALLY would have pitched someone else besides Ziehl yesterday. But regardless of THAT decision, it's just a ***** whine to act like we are destined to lose Game 2 solely on that basis.

We got a GREAT perormance out of Rafe. The game tonight WAS WINNABLE. We wasted it with the same ****** hitting we saw in EVERY game of the ACC tournament. That's a fact.

Btw who we bringing in to replace him. Greg Lovelady? I heard for years how great he is

If we lose & don’t make it to the Supers, Gino will be back of course. If we don’t make it to Supers again next season, I think it’s time we look outside of the “Miami” tree & go after the best. It’s worked for the b-ball program.

It’s time to let go of the cronyism & nepotism, & start going after who’s the best candidate. In baseball, u can grab highly touted skippers at non-power conferences that have had uber success, & would jump at the opportunity for a pay upgrade + coaching a blue blood CBB program. Jmho.

Btw, I’m living vicariously through ORU v. UW right now for offense. Bases loaded, ORU’s best hitter just tried to put the ball in play, & wouldn’t u know…

Advertisement
You're taking a stupid stance just to disagree with me.

@IndayArtHauz why do I have to keep dealing with this guy. I posted nothing at him.

Oh goodness, now you are going to start crying again?

I'm taking the accurate correct stance, because it is factually and logically true.

Ligon would have sucked yesterday too. We very well could have lost to Maine if they teed off on Ligon. Don't act like his pitches would have been unhittable "if only they were to Maine instead of Texas". That's just nonsense, bad pitching is bad pitching.

I've already said I would have pitched Ziehl tonight, but even that would not have caused our hitters to hit.

All of our hitters were chasing first pitches and trying to hit home runs, when we were only down 2 runs or 3 runs for 8 of the 9 innings. Completely uncecessary, and the exact reason we lost the game.

Fail to cash in 8 baserunners, which is the same thing we did for 4 games in the ACC tournament.

But WAAAAAH WAAAAAAH, we threw Ziehl in Game 1. Yes we did, even if none of us wanted to, but that's COMPLETELY FIXABLE with the performance Rafe gave tonight.

But you can't overcome terrible SITUATIONAL hitting game after game after game.

If we lose & don’t make it to the Supers, Gino will be back of course. If we don’t make it to Supers again next season, I think it’s time we look outside of the “Miami” tree & go after the best. It’s worked for the b-ball program.

It’s time to let go of the cronyism & nepotism, & start going after who’s the best candidate. In baseball, u can grab highly touted skippers at non-power conferences that have had uber success, & would jump at the opportunity for a pay upgrade + coaching a blue blood CBB program. Jmho.
I would add that he should be “encourage to make changes” which could buy him 2 years.

Advertisement
what was so imposing about him? his straight **** shot fast balls? or was it the slider that he can't throw for a strike?

The guy threw 130 pitches and was still throwing in the 90s. You may not think that is impressive, but our guys couldn't catch up to that.

And if you want to complain about his inaccurate slider, DON'T SWING AT IT. Then you elevate his pitch count and possibly get him out of the game earlier.

We made bad hitting decisions. But he was still strong as an ox in the 9th inning on 130 pitches. You can't deny that.

LSU is a prime example…they had a couple down years and went and got Jay Johnson from Arizona who brought in a pitching coach that had major league experience.

Two years later they’re back at the top of CBB and with the recruiting class they have coming in they’re set up to stay there.

Miami has the same kind of Lure and history that LSU has and if this job came open tomorrow there’d be a line of top guys trying to get the job.Thing is you have to say enough is enough and we don’t want to have regionals to be our ceiling every year we want Omaha to be and get rid of the problem at the top.

Until them you can expect what has happened since Dimare was handed the job,not hired,handed and expect regionals to be where we say exit stage left every year or maybe get lucky one yea then get drilled in the supers.

Well if we’d of scored some runs or stopped them from scoring we could have thrown the horns down at them cause they love so much and it would have ****ed them off.

Can’t remember who said it but a wise man once said if you don’t want a team celebrating stop them from doing the things that they’re celebrating about..

We shouldn't have to do something special to prevent poor sportsmanship and taunting. The umps and refs across all sports should police that. It's just bull**** for the NCAA and the conferences not to step in and do something about this. We have fights going on in the tunnels and locker rooms, and everyone acts like NOTHING can be done.

Eject the players who do it, and that **** stops fast.

Advertisement
Back