Canes bs Longhorns - 6pm - ESPACCNX+/-

I see that um baseball is the same as the political bull**** we see nowadays. His family pumps money into the program and the AD keeps him although his baseball iq is -100... Ziehl should have started tonight if we wanted to try to win the regional. The hitting coach is absolute ****... as is the pitching coach! How many pitchers has jd developed into MLB pitchers???!!!

Advertisement
The guy threw 130 pitches and was still throwing in the 90s. You may not think that is impressive, but our guys couldn't catch up to that.

And if you want to complain about his inaccurate slider, DON'T SWING AT IT. Then you elevate his pitch count and possibly get him out of the game earlier.

We made bad hitting decisions. But he was still strong as an ox in the 9th inning on 130 pitches. You can't deny that.
he was an Ox with mediocre stuff. Much credit to the young man. His stuff is very mediocre and Miami hitters outside of maybe 3-4 hitters have a clue to just spit on that slider with less than 2 strikes because he couldn't throw it for a strike.

LSU is a prime example…they had a couple down years and went and got Jay Johnson from Arizona who brought in a pitching coach that had major league experience.

Two years later they’re back at the top of CBB and with the recruiting class they have coming in they’re set up to stay there.

Miami has the same kind of Lure and history that LSU has and if this job came open tomorrow there’d be a line of top guys trying to get the job.Thing is you have to say enough is enough and we don’t want to have regionals to be our ceiling every year we want Omaha to be and get rid of the problem at the top.

Until them you can expect what has happened since Dimare was handed the job,not hired,handed and expect regionals to be where we say exit stage left every year or maybe get lucky one yea then get drilled in the supers.

Agree w/ u 100%

Advertisement
LSU is a prime example…they had a couple down years and went and got Jay Johnson from Arizona who brought in a pitching coach that had major league experience.

Two years later they’re back at the top of CBB and with the recruiting class they have coming in they’re set up to stay there.

Miami has the same kind of Lure and history that LSU has and if this job came open tomorrow there’d be a line of top guys trying to get the job.Thing is you have to say enough is enough and we don’t want to have regionals to be our ceiling every year we want Omaha to be and get rid of the problem at the top.

Until them you can expect what has happened since Dimare was handed the job,not hired,handed and expect regionals to be where we say exit stage left every year or maybe get lucky one yea then get drilled in the supers.
UF is ****ed at Kevin O. Maybe he’ll get tired of the fan base and want some revenge. Come on down.

Advertisement
Btw who we bringing in to replace him. Greg Lovelady? I heard for years how great he is

Aren’t you the same fella who used to lash out at folks who (rightly) criticized previous UM flunkies like Perry Clark, Frank Haith, Paul Dee and other stooges because us folks didn't know and we couldn't hire better talent?
Yeah, I thought so.
Go to bed, you're drunk.

Fella, I have been hit in the helmet just like that on the lower flap. Zero head trauma, sore jaw. Stop reaching podner, you are starting to look really bad. You have ZERO clue if he was concussed, if he was knocked out etc. Stop arguing to argue.
I'm done here. I made my point. You provide nothing. You last comment is just stupid. You got hit in the helmet and were fine. Therefore, every batter that gets hit on the helmet must be fine too even if they lay flat on the ground not moving.

Makes sense.

Advertisement
And of course Stanford goes down.
1685854796238.gif

I don’t know what you do for a living, but you sure are Joe Torre in here. You missed your calling if your not an MLB coach. Idgaf what you say about pitching. We have up 4 runs in a regional. You have to win that game. We had bases loaded twice early on and got 1 run. That didn’t swing any momentum? Please man

It's been covered ad nauseum, but both things can be true at the same time. You can have a dismal night at the plate AND make the wrong pitching decision. One doesn't excuse the other.

Advertisement
Btw who we bringing in to replace him. Greg Lovelady? I heard for years how great he is

I love this excuse. Keep the guy who keeps losing in home regionals just because CTCANE can't believe that there is anyone out there who could be better.

So miami "should" be able to put up runs tomorrow. But even if u get past game 1 how do you take texas out twice

Can be done in theory if the bats wake up. It's college baseball, everyone's pitching kinda sucks past their 1-2-3 guys, and in many cases 1-2.

If they can get to Monday, all bets would be off. It's getting there that'll be the toughest part.

Can be done in theory if the bats wake up. It's college baseball, everyone's pitching kinda sucks past their 1-2-3 guys, and in many cases 1-2.

If they can get to Monday, all bets would be off. It's getting there that'll be the toughest part.
Texas’ bullpen sucks and their #3 guy is average. Louisiana can’t pitch no matter what day or game it is. Not to mention, we are the clear cut best offense in this regional, but that doesn’t mean anything as you saw last night.

There’a is a good drop-off with their #3 starter, Sthele ? (5+ ERA- which is still statistically better than who we’ll start tonight).
The problem though, is they also have 2 relievers (around 2 ERA) who haven’t pitched.

We’ll win today because we’ll score.
Our magic number is 7, where we’re 30-1 when we score 7 or more.
We may miss an extra point or two, but I think we’re good.

Tonight.
The hope is to score 7-8 early and hold on to a 9-7 type win with a quick 10-pitch save from our beloved AoD.

If that happens, I agree that we’re back to even.
One game, at home vs a below average starter, with Walters available for 2+.
But that’s where we’ve had our hearts broken before.

Advertisement
Back