Canes bs Longhorns - 6pm - ESPACCNX+/-

Advertisement
Did you see the Texas pitchers the first two games? My *** this is one of the easiest regions. It sucks that we just can't past the 2nd game of the regional
No, I didn’t. Can you tell me how they good they are? I’m sure I’ll feel better and change my opinion

pitching your only "quality" starter against Maine was an all time stupid decision but it didn't lose this game. Team can't hit the baseball with runners on
Our approach all season long is swing for the fences instead of putting the ball in play. New hitting philosophy is needed desperately

We have no idea what trauma he had. We know he passed concussion protocol. Period.
So did Tua with a professional staff.

Passing some protocol doesn't mean **** and doesn't mean he didn't have a concussion. They aren't using any cognitive testing machines to determine if a player should go back into a game.

An NFL team of professionals that get paid exactly to do that don't even get it right, but you think some in-game collegiate protocol is the end all be all.

Advertisement
let’s just forget the whole Ziehl/Ligon debate for now. Regardless of which side you are on.

our offense didn’t show up in a big game again with no adjustments and a lot of selfish swings.

My guess is tomorrow our pitching won’t be there so you can all reignite that debate…and we will prob play an extremely uninspired game at noon vs a very loose LA team.

Your opinion is based on frustration. This is not an easy region like you claim it to be.
Maine is easily one of the worst 4 seeds in the country. Might be the worst outright.

Louisiana has no arms. None. They hit fine.

Texas has a few really good pitchers. They should, they won the B12. Their bats are mid or worse.

This is a very easy region.

Different story starting a game with giving up that many runs. Dumbass decision by Gino. Doesn’t take any blame off the fledgling offense

This is why @WanderFranco is full of crap. He acts like 4-0 was a first inning score.

The reality is, we were down 2-0 with bases loaded and one out. And we failed to hit.

And then we were down 3-0 with bases loaded and 2 outs. And we failed to hit.

We were only ever down 4 runs for ONE INNING. The vast majority of the game, we were down by either 2 runs or 3 runs. NOT INSURMOUNTABLE, no matter what kinds of lies that @WanderFranco wants to tell about there being "a different feeling".

For 8 innings, we had a deficit that could have been erased by one swing of the bat.

But. Much more importantly. They had a pitcher who went 9 complete innings, threw 130 pitches (and was still tripping the radar gun in the 90s late in the game), and he only threw one bad pitch all night (the solo HR).

And @Rellyrell hit the nail on the head, we are addicted to the home run, and most of the time this post-season, we are hitting solo shots. When we have runners on base, we freeze up.

THAT is the story of our post-season. Not "pitching decisions".

Advertisement
let’s just forget the whole Ziehl/Ligon debate for now. Regardless of which side you are on.

our offense didn’t show up in a big game again with no adjustments and a lot of selfish swings.

My guess is tomorrow our pitching won’t be there so you can all reignite that debate…and we will prob play an extremely uninspired game at noon vs a very loose LA team.
@scane How loose are we talking here?

Maine is easily one of the worst 4 seeds in the country. Might be the worst outright.

Louisiana has no arms. None. They hit fine.

Texas has a few really good pitchers. They should, they won the B12. Their bats are mid or worse.

This is a very easy region.
So miami "should" be able to put up runs tomorrow. But even if u get past game 1 how do you take texas out twice

Advertisement
So did Tua with a professional staff.

Passing some protocol doesn't mean **** and doesn't mean he didn't have a concussion. They aren't using any cognitive testing machines to determine if a player should go back into a game.

An NFL team of professionals that get paid exactly to do that don't even get it right, but you think some in-game collegiate protocol is the end all be all.
Fella, I have been hit in the helmet just like that on the lower flap. Zero head trauma, sore jaw. Stop reaching podner, you are starting to look really bad. You have ZERO clue if he was concussed, if he was knocked out etc. Stop arguing to argue.

This is why @WanderFranco is full of crap. He acts like 4-0 was a first inning score.

The reality is, we were down 2-0 with bases loaded and one out. And we failed to hit.

And then we were down 3-0 with bases loaded and 2 outs. And we failed to hit.

We were only ever down 4 runs for ONE INNING. The vast majority of the game, we were down by either 2 runs or 3 runs. NOT INSURMOUNTABLE, no matter what kinds of lies that @WanderFranco wants to tell about there being "a different feeling".

For 8 innings, we had a deficit that could have been erased by one swing of the bat.

But. Much more importantly. They had a pitcher who went 9 complete innings, threw 130 pitches (and was still tripping the radar gun in the 90s late in the game), and he only threw one bad pitch all night (the solo HR).

And @Rellyrell hit the nail on the head, we are addicted to the home run, and most of the time this post-season, we are hitting solo shots. When we have runners on base, we freeze up.

THAT is the story of our post-season. Not "pitching decisions".

Problem is when we get men on base we are still trying to hit HR’s instead of just putting the ball in play…that kid had our hitters rolling over that average slider of his all game with guys trying to hit it out…

Advertisement
Correct. Both can be true. We can have a terrible night at the plate while fighting against the dumbest pitching decision we've ever seen around here.

Nobody denies that. But the first few pages of this thread are filled with mopey crybabies acting like we lost the game before we ever started SOLELY BECAUSE OF THE PITCHING DECISION.

If you were told "we are only using 2 pitchers tonight and we will only give up 4 runs", you would have taken it. And stop acting like Ziehl would have gone 8 perfect innings against Texas.

The reality is, the Texas pitcher destroyed us. And nobody on our pitching staff can hit.

We are UNDEFEATED in 9-inning games where we score 8 runs. Tonight we scored 1 run, on a solo shot, and we had 8 guys on base when the final batter of each inning came to the plate.

Yes, two bad things can happen at the same time. But people were acting like the pitching decision doomed us BEFORE THE GAME STARTED. And that's just not true.

So miami "should" be able to put up runs tomorrow. But even if u get past game 1 how do you take texas out twice
I imagine by praying we can get some quality innings from position players. Or having quality ABs with RISP. Between the two, I’d say getting 2-3 innings out of Scanlon would be more likely than adjusting our plate approach at this point.

We can all blame Gino for the pitching debacle. But no matter who we trotted out there wasn’t going to top this Johnson kid. Great game for him. 130+.

Still, f Gino and his horrible decision.

It was a bad pitching decision.

But it didn't cost us the game.

Now, if we had won tonight, and then faltered in another game due to pitching, we could re-litigate this issue.

But the pitching decision did not impact the game TONIGHT.

Our terrible situational hitting has been present in EVERY post-season game EXCEPT MAYBE MAINE.

Advertisement
Back