Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDonnell
O’Connor
Brown

You have to get a no from these guys before you can offer the job to somebody with little or no college experience.
Not sure OConnor would leave UVA. McDonnell would leave loserville. Whoever it is we need a high level recruiter and developer something that this program has been lacking for many years

Advertisement
Given my druthers, I would focus on HCs from private schools (eg, Campbell, DBU) w limited endowments or AHCs/pitching coaches from blue chip programs (eg, Vandy). I just think it is more realistic.

Given my druthers, I would focus on HCs from private schools (eg, Campbell, DBU) w limited endowments or AHCs/pitching coaches from blue chip programs (eg, Vandy). I just think it is more realistic.
By “realistic” do you mean attainable or likely to succeed?

Advertisement
Not sure OConnor would leave UVA. McDonnell would leave loserville. Whoever it is we need a high level recruiter and developer something that this program has been lacking for many years
Not sure he’d leave either, but he’s worth a call. If Rad calls you up and says we’re gonna sink this much money into facilities, etc. and it’s better than what you have now, you’ll at least listen.

Hard to argue those three as developers and recruiters. They’ve all done it at a high level for years.

Advertisement
I hope we treat all these coaches w the utmost respect. They are all good men, family men and lifetime Canes. Think about it - their lives were just changed FAR MORE dramatically than most of ours ever will be.

For years, JD was one of the premier pitching coaches in all of CBB. We rarely had guys who threw mid 90's, yet we won w them. He's a class act and deserves to be treated fairly if he's on his way out.

Advertisement
I hope we treat all these coaches w the utmost respect. They are all good men, family men and lifetime Canes. Think about it - their lives were just changed FAR MORE dramatically than most of ours ever will be.

For years, JD was one of the premier pitching coaches in all of CBB. We rarely had guys who threw mid 90's, yet we won w them. He's a class act and deserves to be treated fairly if he's on his way out.

I think everyone agrees with you, but JD as head coach......yikes.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back