Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope we treat all these coaches w the utmost respect. They are all good men, family men and lifetime Canes. Think about it - their lives were just changed FAR MORE dramatically than most of ours ever will be.

For years, JD was one of the premier pitching coaches in all of CBB. We rarely had guys who threw mid 90's, yet we won w them. He's a class act and deserves to be treated fairly if he's on his way out.
I don't disagree, I don't want to see them bashed, but let's not act like they were just fired from the steel mill and have four kids to support, both men have been blessed to do what they love and get paid very well for it.

We are a blue blood baseball program. We should be able to get whoever tf we want. That’s my stance.
Agreed, I don't know how the college baseball world works for coaching searches, since we've never really had one, but I would guess there will be some major interest in the job.

Agreed, I don't know how the college baseball world works for coaching searches, since we've never really had one, but I would guess there will be some major interest in the job.
There is going to be major interest.. edit: there already is major interest … with Gino resigning Miami became the best job on the market.

Miami will be putting more resources into the baseball program and Rad wants to knock this out of the park (no pun intended) since it’s going to be his first big hire.

My pick is Scott Brown from Vandy. Pitching is his specialty…not to mention Vandy is a lot like Miami in terms of being a small private school in a city.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope we treat all these coaches w the utmost respect. They are all good men, family men and lifetime Canes. Think about it - their lives were just changed FAR MORE dramatically than most of ours ever will be.

For years, JD was one of the premier pitching coaches in all of CBB. We rarely had guys who threw mid 90's, yet we won w them. He's a class act and deserves to be treated fairly if he's on his way out.
Like so many other situations, it isn’t their fault that they were hired and/or retained for their most prized gig when maybe they shouldn’t have been. We would have all done the same thing and literally jumped at the opportunity…so great post.

They did a good job, but there was always going to be that “cloud” once we paid Rad that much and our AD started spending competitive $$$ for coaching…unless he got us back to the supers pretty quick.

Advertisement
That resume is extremely impressive. So is that salary. Tells you what Vandy thinks about him.

Absolutely and I know we can definitely beat that and more. I would think due to the cost of living down here I would have a house in Gables worked into his contract somehow. Show how serious you are about bringing him here.

Also did you see what Vandy is about to do with their baseball stadium?? 👀

That’s all due to their success in recent years.

Absolutely and I know we can definitely beat that and more. I would think due to the cost of living down here I would have a house in Gables worked into his contract somehow. Show how serious you are about bringing him here.

Also did you see what Vandy is about to do with their baseball stadium?? 👀

That’s all due to their success in recent years.
CIS posters need to charter a couple of buses, drive up there, and hold a vigil until he caves.

Advertisement

1686421355634.gif

We have Dan Radakovich as Athletic Director. Professionals are running UM sports again. We have not had someone this good since Jankovich. He forced Gino Out because he knows we can hire a better coach. We don’t have to “get lucky”. Relax and enjoy the process because we will come out better on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back