Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can we please go away from the “Miami guys” and honestly the pro guys.

So many good options in the college ranks who know recruiting, developing, etc.
I feel like I’m throwing out a football statement, but I think we need to target someone with SEC ties. Seems like every school in that conference is good and deep.

Hiring a “Miami guy” will turn us into Arizona State and USC. No half *** nonsense, this program can be the elite of the elites. We don’t need to cheap out here.

Hiring a “Miami guy” will turn us into Arizona State and USC. No half *** nonsense, this program can be the elite of the elites. We don’t need to cheap out here.
And USC finally just went big in baseball in in 1 year look at difference. Prob had an argument to make the tourney. Went after a pro guy but who put in some time at other places first at the college level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And USC finally just went big in baseball in in 1 year look at difference. Prob had an argument to make the tourney. Went after a pro guy but who put in some time at other places first at the college level.
Can we please go away from the “Miami guys” and honestly the pro guys.

So many good options in the college ranks who know recruiting, developing, etc.

Totally agree.
Lots of MLB have tried their hand at the college game and most have not fared well.
You do cite Stankiewicz at USC as an exception to the case, but he also paid his dues at several schools and excelled before taking on the USC job. Even his assistants, with pro resumes, did work in the college game.

Not gonna lie I wouldn’t complain about that hire a bit. As long as he would bring in a strong pitching coach and not retain JD
He needs to be a fallback. If this is #1 target it’s a mistake. There’s a lot of candidates we could realistically pursue that are more qualified.

Advertisement
McDonnell
O’Connor
Brown

You have to get a no from these guys before you can offer the job to somebody with little or no college experience.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back