Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

If I’m putting everything together correctly:
Pitching/mental skills: Gutierrez
Hitting/infield/third base: Fenster
Recruiting/outfield/first base: Anderson

Who coaches the catchers seems to be the only remaining question

Last edited:
Advertisement
I heard Brewer was out, but the source is iffy at best.
Makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anderson’s old job is being eliminated entirely. I suspected at the time that Blake had budgeted for the third assistant, and allowed Gino to create that position when it was voted down.

Who is going to take responsibility for the two FAU Portal players who left Boca for Georgia and Ole Miss? Both Goldstein and Ross are plug in starters here. Exactly what this team needs.....
We we discuss off field roles.....we need at minimal two positions. Preferably 3-4.
Look at the power programs and their off field staff.
Like many of us have been saying, who will coach and develop the Catcher's?

Advertisement
So was there a search done for this coaching position, or was Anderson promised the position after his stellar three weeks of recruiting?

Advertisement
This is embarrassing. This staff blows. We blew an incredible opportunity. This team is going to stink next year.
It’s been an absolute disaster, I don’t understand how we could of possibly shot ourselves in the foot this badly. The only reason for having this staff imo, is that it’s a holdover until Cora gets fired. Cause there is no other explanation for being so lazy and cheap.

My entire opinion on this staff predicates on this being a

Advertisement
If I’m putting everything together correctly:
Pitching/mental skills: Gutierrez
Hitting/infield/third base: Fenster
Recruiting/outfield/first base: Anderson

Who coaches the catchers seems to be the only remaining question

I'm guessing Arteaga will work with the catchers? This or perhaps a grad asst?

Advertisement
My “I don’t give a **** anymore” thoughts have reached an all time high for me for My beloved Canes baseball program.

College baseball is my favorite sport by a mile but I believe watching how far we are from those teams that put on a clinic in Omaha this year mixed with this disgustingly lazy hire and the little league staff assembled ….appears it has potentially put the final nail in coffin for my passion for the program.

Only at Miami could we have yet another golden opportunity to prove we care about our historic baseball program…. And once again show the AD doesn’t give a flying ****

Last edited:
I think we'll still be a pretty solid offense next year. If we can figure out how to produce something against quality pitching we have a chance to be a better overall offense without a bunch of padded and fluff stats. That comes with better scouting, better approach, and better fundamentals.

I have high expectations for Fenster but also hesitant. He's over qualified to work under JD. A lot of managerial experience and positional experience but none coaching hitting.

IMO 2024 hinges heavily on adding to the pitching staff and developing some of those guys. Right now that's not even a mid-major caliber staff in terms of depth. Ziehl can be very good, Rafe can be a solid starter or a good reliever, Scinta can be a good reliever. After that, I'm not even sure who pitches due to inexperience and injuries. Maybe a couple guys I could see being effective in the mid-week. You just can't compete without quality arms eating innings.

Advertisement
Back