Canes All-Time NFL Team

Advertisement
You need to shut the fvck up. There was no "hostility". And there's no need for you to condescend about "when I take the time to make my own list". I've been living this Cane life for decades. Clearly, you have some NFL HoF'ers (Mad Stork, Otto), so stop acting like you are incapable of doing the research. You're not that much younger than I am, and you have access to Google. Meanwhile, you have less than 100 posts, you have no idea of whether I've made my own lists, and you act like you want everyone to give you a cookie for what you did.

Relax Buc Nasty, dude did solid work and you are talkin bout research.
Image result for player haters ball gif

JB was ST situation. Two straight first team all pro seasons before untimely death. No reason to treat them differently.

Some old timers are under appreciated. Eddie Edwards, Gary Dunn, Jim Burt, Dan Connor, e.g.
100% . JB should be ahead of Maryland. Hard to automatically place him ahead of Sapp or Tez since they're both in the HOF. But ****, speaks to how great our guys have been. Agreed on the old-timers. Just not as familiar with them so there is definitely some recency bias at play.

You need to shut the fvck up. There was no "hostility". And there's no need for you to condescend about "when I take the time to make my own list". I've been living this Cane life for decades. Clearly, you have some NFL HoF'ers (Mad Stork, Otto), so stop acting like you are incapable of doing the research. You're not that much younger than I am, and you have access to Google. Meanwhile, you have less than 100 posts, you have no idea of whether I've made my own lists, and you act like you want everyone to give you a cookie for what you did.
Clearly you're not hostile - my bad. I agreed with you that I missed on those guys. Maybe you missed where I acknowledged that [I'll amend the list as more responses get posted]. And I wasn't aware that the total post number was a reflection of anything other than I haven't posted as much as others.

I'm not asking for a cookie - just thought we could all have an interesting discussion about how **** great our Pro Canes have been. Let's not forget - we're all Canes fam here - no need to bicker.

Advertisement
Sounds like you want a cookie son 😂😂😂😂

Clearly you're not hostile - my bad. I agreed with you that I missed on those guys. Maybe you missed where I acknowledged that [I'll amend the list as more responses get posted]. And I wasn't aware that the total post number was a reflection of anything other than I haven't posted as much as others.

I'm not asking for a cookie - just thought we could all have an interesting discussion about how **** great our Pro Canes have been. Let's not forget - we're all Canes fam here - no need to bicker.

Look, stop spinning the revisionist BS. I put up some solid names that you overlooked and then you start calling me "hostile" and challenging me to come up with my own list. Your post count is a reflection that you really don't understand the flow of conversation around here. If you want to encounter "hostility", there are plenty of posters who will be far less civil towards you.

If you really wanted an "interesting discussion", you could have just acknowledged the names and gone on with the thread.

Nobody disputes that Miami is top 10 all-time in putting out great NFL players. Nobody said that your list wasn't a good starting point. But as you even admit, it is skewed towards more recent players.

Instead, you got butt-hurt about the names I brought up. Plenty of porsters on this board start threads and then get upset when others comment. Toughen up, buttercup.

Original post looks solid.

Eddie Edwards should be in there somewhere at DE. He was a good one with the Bengals in the 70s.

And one of the very top draft picks in the 1st round in one of those years.

3rd pick overall in 1977. Bengals credit him with 83.5 sacks, although half were before sacks were an official statistic.

Advertisement
The Norv Turner Era in Coral Gables was my favorite.

giphy-3.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMAO! My bad big time!!! I meant Schnelly based on his OC record in the NFL!

Hahaha. No worries. It's actually an easy one to confuse based on Ol' Norv's time with the Cowboys and the Dolphins.

Advertisement
Hey Fam,

There's way too much time in the offseason so I made my compilation of my all-time Canes NFL Roster with starter, backup, and 3rd string / practice squad at every position. This is based SOLELY on their NFL production and not what they did in college. This should end any argument with your buddies about which program would beat any other if you had to use only alumni from one school. Do you guys see any positions differently? BOLD = HOF. Parenthesis = (NFL Games Started / Pro Bowls / All Pro)

HCJimmy Johnson
OCSchnelly
DCDave Wannstedt
Offense
PositionStarterBackup3rd / Practice SquadPractice Squad
QBJim Kelly (160 / 5 / 1)Vinny Testaverde (214 / 2)Bernie Kosar (108 / 1)Craig Erickson
WRLMichael Irvin (147 / 5 / 1)Reggie Wayne (197 / 6 / 1)Santana Moss (135 / 1)Allen Hurns
WRRAndre Johnson (187 / 7 / 2)Eddie Brown (99 / 1)Brian Blades (122 / 1)Lamar Thomas
RBFrank Gore (196 / 5)Ottis Anderson (125 / 2 / 1)Lamar Miller (89 / 1)Duke Johnson
RB2Edgerrin James (135 / 4 / 1)Clinton Portis (108 / 2)Willis McGahee (95 / 2)
TEJimmy Graham (101 / 5 / 1)Jeremy Shockey (129 / 4 / 1)Greg Olsen (148 / 3)Bubba Franks (98 / 3)
LTBryant McKinnie (162 / 1)Ereck Flowers (55)Kipp Vickers (24)
LGVernon Carey (107)Chris Myers (128)Jason Fox (16)
CJim Otto (140 / 12 / 10)Brandon Linder (54)Brett Romberg (18)
RGDennis Harrah (144 / 6 / 1)Seantrel Henderson (28)Jon Feliciano (8)
RTLeon Searcy (111 / 1)Eric Winston (127)Orlando Franklin (89)
Defense
PositionStarterBackup3rd / Practice SquadPractice Squad
DECalais Campbell (152 / 4 / 1)Olivier Vernon (85 / 1)Allen Bailey (61)
DTWarren Sapp (188 / 7 / 4)Vince Wilfork (179 / 5 / 1)Jerome Brown (65 / 2 / 2)
DTCortez Kennedy (153 / 8 / 3)Russell Maryland (140 / 1)Damione Lewis (65)William Joseph (17)
DEKenard Lang (117)Kenny Holmes (76)Kevin ***an (74)Dan Stubbs (50)
LBTed Hendricks (200 / 8 / 4)Micheal Barrow (153)Jon Beason (90 / 3 / 1)
LBRay Lewis (227 / 11 / 7)Jonathan Vilma (121 / 3)D.J. Williams (129)
LBJessie Armstead (129 / 5 / 1)Darrin Smith (140)Dan Morgan (59 / 1)Nate Webster (37)
CBRyan McNeil (136 / 1)Duane Starks (67)Kelly Jennings (45)
CBPhillip Buchanon (81)Sam Shields (64 / 1)Mike Rumph (19)
SafetyEd Reed (169 / 9 / 5)Antrel Rolle (146 / 3)Fred Marion (113 / 1)Brandon Meriweather (80 / 2)
SafetySean Taylor (53 / 2)Bennie Blades (134 / 1)Darryl Williams (137 / 1)
ST
PositionStarterBackup
PR / KRDevin Hester (* / 4 / 3)Roscoe Parrish
PJeff Feagles (352 / 2)Matt Bosher
KMichael BadgleyCarlos Huerta
3 changes id make kosar was a better qb then testaverde who played 20 seasons. so he should be 2nd string not 3rd, at te shockey had a better career then graham, and at dt Jerome brown is the 2nd best dt from Miami I have ever seen better then tez better then Maryland. he died to young but he was a beast in nfl

Jerome Brown and Greg Olsen 3rd team! Can any other team put out that kind of quality on 3rd team?

Advertisement
Back