Canes All-Time NFL Team

Original post looks solid.

Eddie Edwards should be in there somewhere at DE. He was a good one with the Bengals in the 70s.

And one of the very top draft picks in the 1st round in one of those years.
Great catch by you. Put him ahead of Kenard Lang at DE

Advertisement
Hendricks played DE in College. Henderson never played OG. He should not be on the list in any case. KC jones was better than Brandon Linder. Winslow was probably our most talented TE. Graham played one season and he was no better than pretty good

Give me Hendricks and Medearis at DE....and I'm good to go....NO DE in UM History came Screaming around the edge like a F-ing Lunatic like Medearis....

Hendricks played DE in College. Henderson never played OG. He should not be on the list in any case. KC jones was better than Brandon Linder. Winslow was probably our most talented TE. Graham played one season and he was no better than pretty good
You might have missed it in the OP - it's based on production in the NFL - not in college. Hence, Hendricks is an LB, Graham > Winslow, and Linder is > Jones.

Advertisement
Wow! Reminds me somewhat of another hit years before when Miami alum Bob Tatarek, playing DT for the Bills, put a hit on Joe Namath's knee which incapacitated him for quite some time.

The dline The Mad Stork played on was really good. Imagine what better coaching could have done with that talent. We had some good assistants.

Give me Hendricks and Medearis at DE....and I'm good to go....NO DE in UM History came Screaming around the edge like a F-ing Lunatic like Medearis....

I love Rusty but I have to stick with Stubbs. Also, Mr Eddie Edwards might be the the second best DE ever at Maimi. Nobody touches Ted but we had some great DEs though the years. Without question we have had the greatest assortment dlinemen anywhere in college history. In fact, for me Ted is GOAT Cane, with all due respect to Ed, Ray, and ST.

I love Rusty but I have to stick with Stubbs. Also, Mr Eddie Edwards might be the the second best DE ever at Maimi. Nobody touches Ted but we had some great DEs though the years. Without question we have had the greatest assortment dlinemen anywhere in college history. In fact, for me Ted is GOAT Cane, with all due respect to Ed, Ray, and ST.
This is a list of miami players based on nfl careers. Medearis isn’t on this list. Eddie Edwards should be.

(Meant that for the guy you were quoting)

TemplarCane said:

No love for Jim Burt as a DT? Knocking Joe Montana TFO has got be worth something!

I cried for a day when that hit happened. The only thing football related that i might have loved more than the Canes was Joe Montana.

Well guess it takes all kinds.

To this very day Burt's hit on ex ND Joe Montana, as well as numerous other painful events involving Golden Domers, are still celebrated in my household

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a list of miami players based on nfl careers. Medearis isn’t on this list. Eddie Edwards should be.

(Meant that for the guy you were quoting)

Yeah, I not sure Danny had much of nfl career either. Eddie excelled at both, as did Ted but in different positions. Imagine Ted as OLB in a 3/4 today. You could not run away from him and those long paws would be deadly with all the passing today. Heck, he would dominate as rush end in 4/3, I think. Dude was quick before quick was fashionable and probably would even be a terror for today’s mobile QBs.

Yeah, I not sure Danny had much of nfl career either. Eddie excelled at both, as did Ted but in different positions. Imagine Ted as OLB in a 3/4 today. You could not run away from him and those long paws would be deadly with all the passing today. Heck, he would dominate as rush end in 4/3, I think. Dude was quick before quick was fashionable and probably would even be a terror for today’s mobile QBs.
Hendricks is one of those rare old time greats who would still translate to greatness today. Athletically, physically, abilkty wise. There’s a reason they named an award after him.

Stubbs had a good nfl career. 10 years, > 50 sacks, 2 SB rings.

Tez happens to be in the NFL HOF, you act like he doesn't belong in the conversation. You don't get to Canton by accident.
Don't need UM lessons....Butch (Best DL coach in UM History) coached Jerome...and recruited Tez....If Butch tells me multiple times (without ANY hesitation) that Sapp was the best he ever saw at UM,...with Jerome a close 2nd....then I'm rollin with that.

Advertisement
Don't need UM lessons....Butch (Best DL coach in UM History) coached Jerome...and recruited Tez....If Butch tells me multiple times (without ANY hesitation) that Sapp was the best he ever saw at UM,...with Jerome a close 2nd....then I'm rollin with that.
Dude I’m not impressed with your photos of ex players and all your boasting of knowing this guy and that guy. My guys played here in that era and Cortez was their guy. Again he is in Canton, that’s where the pro football HOF is located FYI. Maybe next time you have a photo shoot with Butch you can ask him about Cortez. BTW normal 60 year old men don’t need to post photos of themselves with college kids to make themselves seem important. When Gino, Bernie and Dors conduct a QB camp at your kid’s school let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I’m not impressed with your photos of ex players and all your boasting of knowing this guy and that guy. My guys played here in that era and Cortez was their guy. Again he is in Canton, that’s where the pro football HOF is located FYI. Maybe next time you have a photo shoot with Butch you can ask him about Cortez.
Keep thinking Tez was better than Sapp or Jerome at UM.....

You are a master at boasting and deflecting. No one said Tez was better but he certainly is part of the conversation. When you make the HOF it speaks for itself, don’t need you to convince me. Oh BTW The OP spoke of the NFL all time Canes squad NOT what happened at UM. So when you are in Canton Ohio you are part of any conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You are a master at boasting and deflecting. No one said Tez was better but he certainly is part of the conversation. When you make the HOF it speaks for itself, don’t need you to convince me. Oh BTW The OP spoke of the NFL all time Canes squad NOT what happened at UM. So when you are in Canton Ohio you are part of any conversation.
No Tez is NOT in the convo at UM....He is without ANY doubt a step below Sapp and Jerome "At UM"....

No Tez is NOT in the convo at UM....He is without ANY doubt a step below Sapp and Jerome "At UM"....
Dude you should quit now. The OP’s topic referred to UM’s all time NFL team, not the all time UM team while in college. Go back to posting pics of you and UM’s past greats I’m sure everyone here is impressed and make sure you mention that you talked to Butch!

Dude you should quit now. The OP’s topic referred to UM’s all time NFL team, not the all time UM team while in college. Go back to posting pics of you and UM’s past greats I’m sure everyone here is impressed and make sure you mention that you talked to Butch!
If ya don't like it...dont read it faqquit

Hendricks is one of those rare old time greats who would still translate to greatness today. Athletically, physically, abilkty wise. There’s a reason they named an award after him.

Stubbs had a good nfl career. 10 years, > 50 sacks, 2 SB rings.

We had so many greats in nfl, i was not aware of Danny’s career, shame on me. Thanks for the info. He certainly was a terror here.

Advertisement
Back