Canes All-Time NFL Team

Advertisement
You need to shut the fvck up. There was no "hostility". And there's no need for you to condescend about "when I take the time to make my own list". I've been living this Cane life for decades. Clearly, you have some NFL HoF'ers (Mad Stork, Otto), so stop acting like you are incapable of doing the research. You're not that much younger than I am, and you have access to Google. Meanwhile, you have less than 100 posts, you have no idea of whether I've made my own lists, and you act like you want everyone to give you a cookie for what you did.

Lol nikka. He made a list. Chill son.

If you are using NFL criteria how the **** is Flowers second string he shouldn't even be practice squad.
You're right. But do you have a left tackle from the U whose done more in the pros? There's only a few spots where we're paper thin with NFL depth. That's one of them.

Advertisement
If anything it goes to show just how bad *** ****'s Ray Ray and EReed20boi really were in the modern game.

Otto's list of accomplishments are very impressive as well.

Good list, but made even better with the games started/pro bowls/all pro info

Hey Fam,

There's way too much time in the offseason so I made my compilation of my all-time Canes NFL Roster with starter, backup, and 3rd string / practice squad at every position. This is based SOLELY on their NFL production and not what they did in college. This should end any argument with your buddies about which program would beat any other if you had to use only alumni from one school. Do you guys see any positions differently? BOLD = HOF. Parenthesis = (NFL Games Started / Pro Bowls / All Pro)

HCJimmy Johnson
OCSchnelly
DCDave Wannstedt
Offense
PositionStarterBackup3rd / Practice SquadPractice Squad
QBJim Kelly (160 / 5 / 1)Vinny Testaverde (214 / 2)Bernie Kosar (108 / 1)Craig Erickson
WRLMichael Irvin (147 / 5 / 1)Reggie Wayne (197 / 6 / 1)Santana Moss (135 / 1)Allen Hurns
WRRAndre Johnson (187 / 7 / 2)Eddie Brown (99 / 1)Brian Blades (122 / 1)Lamar Thomas
RBFrank Gore (196 / 5)Ottis Anderson (125 / 2 / 1)Lamar Miller (89 / 1)Duke Johnson
RB2Edgerrin James (135 / 4 / 1)Clinton Portis (108 / 2)Willis McGahee (95 / 2)
TEJimmy Graham (101 / 5 / 1)Jeremy Shockey (129 / 4 / 1)Greg Olsen (148 / 3)Bubba Franks (98 / 3)
LTBryant McKinnie (162 / 1)Ereck Flowers (55)Kipp Vickers (24)
LGVernon Carey (107)Chris Myers (128)Jason Fox (16)
CJim Otto (140 / 12 / 10)Brandon Linder (54)Brett Romberg (18)
RGDennis Harrah (144 / 6 / 1)Seantrel Henderson (28)Jon Feliciano (8)
RTLeon Searcy (111 / 1)Eric Winston (127)Orlando Franklin (89)
Defense
PositionStarterBackup3rd / Practice SquadPractice Squad
DECalais Campbell (152 / 4 / 1)Olivier Vernon (85 / 1)Allen Bailey (61)
DTWarren Sapp (188 / 7 / 4)Vince Wilfork (179 / 5 / 1)Jerome Brown (65 / 2 / 2)
DTCortez Kennedy (153 / 8 / 3)Russell Maryland (140 / 1)Damione Lewis (65)William Joseph (17)
DEKenard Lang (117)Kenny Holmes (76)Kevin ***an (74)Dan Stubbs (50)
LBTed Hendricks (200 / 8 / 4)Micheal Barrow (153)Jon Beason (90 / 3 / 1)
LBRay Lewis (227 / 11 / 7)Jonathan Vilma (121 / 3)D.J. Williams (129)
LBJessie Armstead (129 / 5 / 1)Darrin Smith (140)Dan Morgan (59 / 1)Nate Webster (37)
CBRyan McNeil (136 / 1)Duane Starks (67)Kelly Jennings (45)
CBPhillip Buchanon (81)Sam Shields (64 / 1)Mike Rumph (19)
SafetyEd Reed (169 / 9 / 5)Antrel Rolle (146 / 3)Fred Marion (113 / 1)Brandon Meriweather (80 / 2)
SafetySean Taylor (53 / 2)Bennie Blades (134 / 1)Darryl Williams (137 / 1)
ST
PositionStarterBackup
PR / KRDevin Hester (* / 4 / 3)Roscoe Parrish
PJeff Feagles (352 / 2)Matt Bosher
KMichael BadgleyCarlos Huerta
Fwiw, wiki says ray lewis was 13x pro bowl and 10x all pro (7x 1st team). (Also 2x dpoy.) Didnt check for others.

Advertisement
Fwiw, wiki says ray lewis was 13x pro bowl and 10x all pro (7x 1st team). (Also 2x dpoy.) Didnt check for others.
I grabbed the stats from Pro Football Reference and they only refer to 1st Team All Pro. Did correct the pro bowl number - good catch - thanks.

S
I cried for a day when that hit happened. The only thing football related that i might have loved more than the Canes was Joe Montana.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a really good, objective list...Kudos...Job well done...I am gonna second the dude who said you missed out on Chuck Foreman....In a relatively short career, Foreman was a 5 time pro bowler, 2 time first team all pro, 2 time second team all pro....

When I was a little whippersnapper, I wanted to be just like Chuck Foreman and I patterned my running style after him...couldn't have told the difference between us....except I was white, 3'7" and 74 lbs....

View attachment 82614

Y Chuck ain’t in the HOF is beyond me...honestly, b4 I came up to speed w my in-depth Cane history, my dad was a Huge Chuck Foreman fan. He loved/s the Chargers, but he rolled w Chuck. I was flabbergasted that he wasn’t in The Hall. I always assumed he was, but now that I know he was a Cane, man it angers me beyond belief he’s not there.

Look, stop spinning the revisionist BS. I put up some solid names that you overlooked and then you start calling me "hostile" and challenging me to come up with my own list. Your post count is a reflection that you really don't understand the flow of conversation around here. If you want to encounter "hostility", there are plenty of posters who will be far less civil towards you.

If you really wanted an "interesting discussion", you could have just acknowledged the names and gone on with the thread.

Nobody disputes that Miami is top 10 all-time in putting out great NFL players. Nobody said that your list wasn't a good starting point. But as you even admit, it is skewed towards more recent players.

Instead, you got butt-hurt about the names I brought up. Plenty of porsters on this board start threads and then get upset when others comment. Toughen up, buttercup.

Bro, wtf, my ninja?! Lol. Got **** it’s just a discussion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No love for Jim Burt as a DT? Knocking Joe Montana TFO has got be worth something!

Plus, I think Jim might have credit for the first heartbreak last second nole loss to us. I seem to remember them going for two and him deflecting the pass with his helmet but it could have been an extra point kick. They had a real good season going in 1980 and that was their only loss going into Orange Bowl against OU. Had they beat us, they would have probably played UGA for the title.

OK, if you are supposedly basing this off of NFL production, why are you ignoring Brett Perriman in favor of...Allen Hurns and Lamar Thomas? Are you f-cking kidding me?

And you are ignoring Chuck Foreman and Warren Williams at RB?

At DT, how can you overlook Rubin Carter?

And let's not forget Ronnie Lippett at CB and Burgess Owens at S.
Chuck Foreman was a top-notch pro. Ruben Carter anchored a SuperBowl defense, the Orange Crush.

Advertisement
Y Chuck ain’t in the HOF is beyond me...honestly, b4 I came up to speed w my in-depth Cane history, my dad was a Huge Chuck Foreman fan. He loved/s the Chargers, but he rolled w Chuck. I was flabbergasted that he wasn’t in The Hall. I always assumed he was, but now that I know he was a Cane, man it angers me beyond belief he’s not there.
I loved Chuck and he made his era Vikings my second favorite team. Just seems like he didn't have that long a career.

No love for Jim Burt as a DT? Knocking Joe Montana TFO has got be worth something!

Wow! Reminds me somewhat of another hit years before when Miami alum Bob Tatarek, playing DT for the Bills, put a hit on Joe Namath's knee which incapacitated him for quite some time.

OK, if you are supposedly basing this off of NFL production, why are you ignoring Brett Perriman in favor of...Allen Hurns and Lamar Thomas? Are you f-cking kidding me?

And you are ignoring Chuck Foreman and Warren Williams at RB?

At DT, how can you overlook Rubin Carter?

And let's not forget Ronnie Lippett at CB and Burgess Owens at S.
So a few updates to the big board largely from this contribution by @TheOriginalCane :
1) Ronnie Lippett added as a CB Starter
2) Chuck Foreman added as backup RB
3) Rubin Carter added as 3rd string DT
4) Brett Perriman added as Practice squad WR (goodbye Lamar)

Other changes / additions:
Added Jim Burt as Practice Squad DT. Also, I agree with many posters here - the logic I applied to ST as being a starter could be applied to JB. I moved him to backup DT ahead of Russ. Still can't place him at starter since Tez and Sapp are IN the HOF.

Advertisement
Back