Candidates for UM Head Coach

miamiphd

Sophomore
Golden is a failure, actually a mistake from Day One. The Penn State/Big Ten style is passé. Southeastern athleticism (especially South Florida) is the cutting edge of college football. Who would: 1. Recruit well in Florida; 2. Implement a style of play in all three phases of the game that would compete with the likes of Alabama, TCU and Oregon? In other words, teach the game fundamentals to hungry athletes who want to play on Sunday. Here are some names that come to my mind:

Lane Kiffen
Rex Ryan
Bob Ryan
Jim Mora
Geoff Collins (DC at Miss. State)
Rhett Lashlee (OC at Auburn)
Mike Bloomgren (OC at Stanford, with NFL experience)

Please, no more Mr. Nice Guys like Golden. Nice guys finish last.

Advertisement
I got blasted last week for saying Lane Kiffin, but he is my #1 choice

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden is a failure, actually a mistake from Day One. The Penn State/Big Ten style is passé. Southeastern athleticism (especially South Florida) is the cutting edge of college football. Who would: 1. Recruit well in Florida; 2. Implement a style of play in all three phases of the game that would compete with the likes of Alabama, TCU and Oregon? In other words, teach the game fundamentals to hungry athletes who want to play on Sunday. Here are some names that come to my mind:

Lane Kiffen
Rex Ryan
Bob Ryan
Jim Mora
Geoff Collins (DC at Miss. State)
Rhett Lashlee (OC at Auburn)
Mike Bloomgren (OC at Stanford, with NFL experience)

Please, no more Mr. Nice Guys like Golden. Nice guys finish last.

Easily the worst list I have ever seen, including those made after Coker and Randy.

OP I hate your list. I'm making phone calls in the following order, and offering every guy the job until someone says yes.

1. Gary Patterson
2. Butch Davis
3. Mark Dantonio
4. Todd Graham
5. Rich Rodriguez
6. Jim McElwain
7. Mark Hudspeth

If they've all said no, start interviewing coordinators like

Tom Herman
Rhett Lashlee
Jeremy Pruitt
Kirby Smart

Of the guys currently coaching, Todd Graham is my #1. Seems a little crazy. He'd be awesome here.

Advertisement
No coordinators. No Ryans.

Jim Mora has turned ucla into Clemson with a beach. Team has all the talent in the world and is soft as baby ****.

Adding in the name Justin Fuente for discussion although I am not sure how I feel about him myself.

Advertisement
OP I hate your list. I'm making phone calls in the following order, and offering every guy the job until someone says yes.

1. Gary Patterson
2. Butch Davis
3. Mark Dantonio
4. Todd Graham
5. Rich Rodriguez
6. Jim McElwain
7. Mark Hudspeth

If they've all said no, start interviewing coordinators like

Now THAT is a list.

If those guys say no you look to the NFL like USC did in 2000.

I think the NFL route would work well. Get a young coach who could mesh well with the SoFla kids and the lifestyle. I'd go for broke on Jim Harbaugh. Imagine how good Kaaya could become under him. And would instantly re-register this program. One negative we may have to wait till January to even have a shot at him.

Advertisement
Back