Can you guys think of any football HC who was fired...

Interesting query.

What is the working definition of "fired" in this context?

Was Mark Richt "fired" from UGA? Or did he "resign/leave on mutual terms"?

Advertisement
When has Miami hired a coach who won a natty BEFORE coming to UM?

Y'all continue to think of this administration in a vacuum. Until it goes out and plucks an Urban Meyer, I refuse to believe it ever will.

The fact is UM shelling out 4 mil for Richt and another truckload for his staff was the victory. The IPF is another one. Simply stepping into the ring with modern college football from a monetary commitment standpoint was a win. Look at who we hired before Richt: NONE of them were wanted by major schools -- and none of them have been wanted since. Our last three HCs have spent a combined 4-5 seasons HCing since we canned them. All by Coker at UTSA when they started their freaking program, and then he got fired again.

That's the expectation imbalance Miami fans don't want to see: the glacial pace at which this Admin changes their mindset. We witnessed a tectonic move with the Richt hire, and it just barely brought us to a level playing field.

Now some of you are asking why we didn't hire an Urban or Saban, like UM's mindset is even in the same orbit as Alabama or Ohio State. It's not. It likely never will be. But hey, maybe if the fan base was juuuuust a bit more committed to the banner strategy we could get there.

Uban wasn't Urban until UF gave him a chance to become Urban.

Richt is a has been washed up scrub.

...by a major program for not meeting their expectations who went to another major program and won a NC? I've been thinking about it but can't come up with any.

Besides Gene Stallings, no. However, Richt leaving Georgia was due to not getting along with the AD, not performance. How is Kirby Smart doing this year? Richt had six freshman on D playing for an extended time on Thursday. It tells you what he didn't inherit and if anyone thought this was a quick turnaround, they don't know football. Schools that change coaches frequently, don't fare well. Richt is the man, he has brought stability and integrity to the program. It will take 1-3 years to right this boat.

Some real ******* revisionist history there.

Because they're wounded pvssies looking for a gotcha moment or pretending to be prescient. It was a topic that could have led to a discussion but for the wounded pvssies and Rick's white knights of CIS.

How often, IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, do guys get fired from high level jobs for not meeting expectations (which is different than being fired for violations or for a political beef with your AD like Holtz at Arkansas) and resurface at another high level program to win a title?

Why is it so rare that it's happened maybe once in history? It's certainly different than the NFL where there are several examples of fired HCs who have gone on to great success either in the NFL or college.

Maybe the wounded pvssies can bow out of this attempt to initiate a conversation and go back to chewing on dycks.

The premise of your question is wrong though. No coach has ever been fired after having the success at Georgia that Mark Richt had. You're acting like he got fired after losing 58-0, or got fired after a 6 win season. He got fired after a top ten finish. When has that ever happened?

Ask your own question. Yours can be: Has a HC ever been fired after averaging 9.3 wins per season over 15 years? That's more of a UGA issue though.

Another question.

Would UGA had fired Richt had they not been able to hire Kirby Dumb?

UGA, and any other program not named Ohio State, is fixated on Alabama's run of success. Rightfully so. Kirby Dumb, a UGA alumni, openly wanted the job, or was assumed to by the sports media. Dumb has been a high profile candidate for quite a few seasons but never left Saban's hip pocket. This all came together to give UGA an option of pushing Richt aside in order to buy into the Saban tree.

Which almost never works.

Rick was on and off the hot seat for a few years at UGA. If UGA had a HC they were happy with they wouldn't give a fck what Kirby Dumb was doing. Dumb was just a DC. It's not like he was a hot young proven HC at a lower level looking to move up.

Richt won 10 or more games each of the last four, except for a down 8-5 season. If UGAs expectations are to be as successful as Saban's run at Alabama - good luck. Was it a coincidence UGA pushed Richt out for Alabama's DC (and former UGA Alum)? Did they hire Dumb after a lengthy coaching search?

My point is not to defend Richt.

I am trying to add the notion UGA's ability to try and buy into the Saban tree helped drive Richt out of Athens.

Advertisement
The premise of your question is wrong though. No coach has ever been fired after having the success at Georgia that Mark Richt had. You're acting like he got fired after losing 58-0, or got fired after a 6 win season. He got fired after a top ten finish. When has that ever happened?

Ask your own question. Yours can be: Has a HC ever been fired after averaging 9.3 wins per season over 15 years? That's more of a UGA issue though.

You used Georgia's assessment of his performance in the premise of your question.

Ok

So the premise of your question is wrong.

Ok

Interesting query.

What is the working definition of "fired" in this context?

Was Mark Richt "fired" from UGA? Or did he "resign/leave on mutual terms"?

He was fired. You have to read the situation. Sometimes, they say a guy resigned, but you know he didn't. Rick was all UGA. Then all of a sudden he wants to leave on his own?

...by a major program for not meeting their expectations who went to another major program and won a NC? I've been thinking about it but can't come up with any.

Besides Gene Stallings, no. However, Richt leaving Georgia was due to not getting along with the AD, not performance. How is Kirby Smart doing this year? Richt had six freshman on D playing for an extended time on Thursday. It tells you what he didn't inherit and if anyone thought this was a quick turnaround, they don't know football. Schools that change coaches frequently, don't fare well. Richt is the man, he has brought stability and integrity to the program. It will take 1-3 years to right this boat.

Some real ******* revisionist history there.

Yeah. He left UGA because they changed the locks.

Another question.

UGA, and any other program not named Ohio State, is fixated on Alabama's run of success. Rightfully so. Kirby Dumb, a UGA alumni, openly wanted the job, or was assumed to by the sports media. Dumb has been a high profile candidate for quite a few seasons but never left Saban's hip pocket. This all came together to give UGA an option of pushing Richt aside in order to buy into the Saban tree.

Rick was on and off the hot seat for a few years at UGA. If UGA had a HC they were happy with they wouldn't give a fck what Kirby Dumb was doing. Dumb was just a DC. It's not like he was a hot young proven HC at a lower level looking to move up.

Richt won 10 or more games each of the last four, except for a down 8-5 season. If UGAs expectations are to be as successful as Saban's run at Alabama - good luck. Was it a coincidence UGA pushed Richt out for Alabama's DC (and former UGA Alum)? Did they hire Dumb after a lengthy coaching search?

I am trying to add the notion UGA's ability to try and buy into the Saban tree helped drive Richt out of Athens.

He kept losing to rivals and losing big games. He almost always posted a decent record, but UGA got sick of losing big games. He was on and off the hot seat for the last 5 years at UGA.

Was it a great decision to fire him? I doubt it because I doubt Dumb will be an upgrade. Who knows though? Bottom line: They were done with him because they thought they could do better. Doesn't mean they will, but they thought they could when they ran him off.

Advertisement

Another question.

He kept losing to rivals and losing big games. He almost always posted a decent record, but UGA got sick of losing big games. He was on and off the hot seat for the last 5 years at UGA.

Was it a great decision to fire him? I doubt it because I doubt Dumb will be an upgrade. Who knows though? Bottom line: They were done with him because they thought they could do better. Doesn't mean they will, but they thought they could when they ran him off.

I don't disagree. However, like the rest of the SEC, Georgia will be chasing Alabama as long as Saban is HC.

Wow, good one. So who should we hire now that you've proven Richt won't succeed here? As an aside, I'm assuming your answer will include the word "***" in it somewhere. I know you like to talk about that, so feel free if it helps you think.

Why are you such an emotional and touchy sissy? I asked a a question because I couldn't think of any guys who fit the criteria. You then stomp your feet like a whiny chick. Log off, sissy.

Calm down, I just pointed out that you're trolling. And I'm the sissy? Right.

Miami offered the job to Richt after Coker, and he told us to **** off. He only came back to this "wonderful opportunity" bc he got fired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami offered the job to Richt after Coker, and he told us to **** off. He only came back to this "wonderful opportunity" bc he got fired.

That's because he's loyal, unlike half of the hoes around here.

Loyal? This is his "alma mater dream job". Showed no loyalty to us and left us out to dry---until he was kicked to the curb.

He never said that, not sure why you used quotes. His loyalty was to the program that hired him, not the hot jealous girl who wanted him a year later. Richt is a man who is true to his word, I wouldn't expect you to understand a guy like him.

Loyal? This is his "alma mater dream job". Showed no loyalty to us and left us out to dry---until he was kicked to the curb.

He never said that, not sure why you used quotes. His loyalty was to the program that hired him, not the hot jealous girl who wanted him a year later. Richt is a man who is true to his word, I wouldn't expect you to understand a guy like him.

He pretended like he was thrilled to be in Miami, which is disingenuous bc he could have had this job 10 years ago when he was offered and we were told to **** off. Sorry if I never fell for the whole "im reinvigorated to be at my alma mater" BS.

He pretended like he was thrilled to be in Miami, which is disingenuous bc he could have had this job 10 years ago when he was offered and we were told to **** off. Sorry if I never fell for the whole "im reinvigorated to be at my alma mater" BS.

He never pretended that he's always wanted the job though so what's disingenuous?

He never pretended that he's always wanted the job though so what's disingenuous?

B/c he didnt want the job. He was happy being second fiddle in the SEC making 4 mil a year. Zero fire or passion to be elite.

Advertisement
Back