Can you guys think of any football HC who was fired...

Advertisement
Things are looking up for Petrino.

We could have gotten him.

And had we, Saban and Meyer would have a bad case of the sih**s today.

Petrine will be on some kind of trouble within next2 years, guys a weasel and always will be. Louisville lets kids in school hat no way hrs in Miami.

That's a stupid question. Only 8 coaches have won a title in the past 15 years and half of those guys have been fired.

Saban
Meyer
Brown
Les Miles
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Tressel
Les Miles
Gene Chizik

Great answer, smart ***. Unfortunately, in your zeal to be a dyck, you're wrong on every single one. Spit Rick's dyck out your mouth, and try some basic reading comprehension.

We all knew where your question was leading to. I figured i'd just cut you off.

We're way too passive as a school to go get a savage like Petrino. The scenario was perfect. Folden obviously crapped the sheets. Folden disappeared to go beg for the PUS job. Petrino was stuck at Western Kentucky.

Advertisement
That's a stupid question. Only 8 coaches have won a title in the past 15 years and half of those guys have been fired.

Saban
Meyer
Brown
Les Miles
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Tressel
Les Miles
Gene Chizik

Great answer, smart ***. Unfortunately, in your zeal to be a dyck, you're wrong on every single one. Spit Rick's dyck out your mouth, and try some basic reading comprehension.

We all knew where your question was leading to. I figured i'd just cut you off.

Where'd you cut me off? You provided nothing relevant to the question I asked.

The expectations for this program should always be national title. Richt has not met those expectations and probably won't for a few years. Give him time to get his guys in. We're all hungry to be back at the top but it's a big mountain to climb.

Petrino hasn't done anything on the field that Richt hasn't done. With Richt we at least get a clean program and stability.

You think Petrino would donate $1 million to get a IPF? No way in ****. He'd just be stringing us along until he got a bigger payday from an SEC team.

It hardly ever happens. Coaches fired for not producing are not likely to produce elsewhere. Now, coaches fired for misconduct are where you can pick up a coach on the cheap and win. We could have done that with Leach or Petrino, but Miami is too PC for that.

I'd take Art Briles in a heartbeat. I'm currently watching Petrino's boys absolutely massacre a decent NC State team. Louisville's AD gambled on the re-hire and it has paid off in spades.

Yes, it has paid off for Louisville. It's also paid off for Petrino, who will bolt at first chance for an SEC team.

Advertisement
Lou Holtz was fired from Arkansas pre-Notre Dame NC

Before Holtz was at Arkansas, he was the HC of the NY Jets. Starting at 2:35, You can see the young, dorky Lou Holtz less that two months prior to him resigning after a 3-10 record (yes, with one game to go in the old 14 game season NFL)
[video=youtube;54sYDyCJHj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sYDyCJHj0[/video]
The start, as an 11 year old Jet fan, of my intense dislike of the human spit machine.

Also, a good part of the reason Holtz was fired from Arkansas was Frank Broyles didn't like Holtz endorsing NC Senator Jesse Helms (Holtz had coached NC State prior to the Jets), making two taped endorsements for Helms from his Arkansas HC office.

Any chance to whack Lou Holtz always needs to be taken...

Lou Holtz was fired from Arkansas pre-Notre Dame NC

Before Holtz was at Arkansas, he was the HC of the NY Jets. Starting at 2:35, You can see the young, dorky Lou Holtz less that two months prior to him resigning after a 3-10 record (yes, with one game to go in the old 14 game season NFL)
[video=youtube;54sYDyCJHj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sYDyCJHj0[/video]
The start, as an 11 year old Jet fan, of my intense dislike of the human spit machine.

Also, a good part of the reason Holtz was fired from Arkansas was Frank Broyles didn't like Holtz endorsing NC Senator Jesse Helms (Holtz had coached NC State prior to the Jets), making two taped endorsements for Helms from his Arkansas HC office.

Any chance to whack Lou Holtz always needs to be taken...

Holtz is one of the all-time phonies in college football. I think it was terribly ironic that as Miami got busted for Shapiro-gate he was out there talking about Miami being lawless, etc, and Im thinking - this guy literally ran into NCAA violations at every job he had

Advertisement
Lots of coaches are fired for not meeting expectations. Many of those have gone on to have success at other universities. Richt inherited this roster and some of the most talented payers are no longer on this team for one reason or another. Give him at least one to two recruiting classes before jumping to conclusions. We are on the right track. The OL is so bad that it doesn't matter what play is called if there is no time to execute it. It's only been 7 games. Look at the talent he brought in this class and most of those guys are starting as true freshman. That speaks to the talent that he was stuck with. Hard to made chicken salad when all you have is chicken ****.
This
...by a major program for not meeting their expectations who went to another major program and won a NC? I've been thinking about it but can't come up with any.

Wow, good one. So who should we hire now that you've proven Richt won't succeed here? As an aside, I'm assuming your answer will include the word "***" in it somewhere. I know you like to talk about that, so feel free if it helps you think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This fanbase don't want no coach like Petrino. He is too much of a savage for this safe space PC crowd.

This fanbase don't want no coach like Petrino. He is too much of a savage for this safe space PC crowd.

Petrino took a 12-1 team and immediately lost 4 games. Then in the second year he lost 5 games. If he came to Miami, you children would have flown a banner half way through that first four-loss season.

Advertisement
Why is everyone getting so fired up about the OP's question? Frankly, it's an interesting question / analysis. There is probably an interesting discussion to be had (I've seen a few thoughtful responses) - but every thread seems to divulge into various insults these days between the pro richt crew and those questioning how richt is running the offense.

...by a major program for not meeting their expectations who went to another major program and won a NC? I've been thinking about it but can't come up with any.

How about we win the coastal first
Ok. That's usually what you have to do on your way to the playoffs. How's it feel to already be out of the Coastal chase 7 games in? It usually took Folden 9 games or so.

Why is everyone getting so fired up about the OP's question? Frankly, it's an interesting question / analysis. There is probably an interesting discussion to be had (I've seen a few thoughtful responses) - but every thread seems to divulge into various insults these days between the pro richt crew and those questioning how richt is running the offense.
Because they're wounded pvssies looking for a gotcha moment or pretending to be prescient. It was a topic that could have led to a discussion but for the wounded pvssies and Rick's white knights of CIS.

How often, IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, do guys get fired from high level jobs for not meeting expectations (which is different than being fired for violations or for a political beef with your AD like Holtz at Arkansas) and resurface at another high level program to win a title?

Why is it so rare that it's happened maybe once in history? It's certainly different than the NFL where there are several examples of fired HCs who have gone on to great success either in the NFL or college.

Maybe the wounded pvssies can bow out of this attempt to initiate a conversation and go back to chewing on dycks.

Because they're wounded pvssies looking for a gotcha moment or pretending to be prescient. It was a topic that could have led to a discussion but for the wounded pvssies and Rick's white knights of CIS.

How often, IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, do guys get fired from high level jobs for not meeting expectations (which is different than being fired for violations or for a political beef with your AD like Holtz at Arkansas) and resurface at another high level program to win a title?

Why is it so rare that it's happened maybe once in history? It's certainly different than the NFL where there are several examples of fired HCs who have gone on to great success either in the NFL or college.

Maybe the wounded pvssies can bow out of this attempt to initiate a conversation and go back to chewing on dycks.

LMAO. The biggest pvssies in the world are the message board bad asses.

Advertisement
Back