Can you guys think of any football HC who was fired...

It hardly ever happens. Coaches fired for not producing are not likely to produce elsewhere. Now, coaches fired for misconduct are where you can pick up a coach on the cheap and win. We could have done that with Leach or Petrino, but Miami is too PC for that.

Advertisement
That's a stupid question. Only 8 coaches have won a title in the past 15 years and half of those guys have been fired.

Saban
Meyer
Brown
Les Miles
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Tressel
Les Miles
Gene Chizik

Joe Girardi. Fired by the Marleens. Instantly joins the Jankees and wins a title. Boom. Close thread.

Advertisement
Richt won 145 games in 15 years for UGa with 8 top 10 finishes. The last full season he coached, his team went 10-3, won their bowl game, and finished the season at #9 . To say he was fired for "not meeting expectations" is true, but a bit misleading.

We haven't had a top 10 finish since 2003, for the record.

That's a stupid question. Only 8 coaches have won a title in the past 15 years and half of those guys have been fired.

Saban
Meyer
Brown
Les Miles
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Tressel
Les Miles
Gene Chizik

Love this post cuz it shows you how many coaches won 1 title and then plummeted off the face of the earth and were fired. Just showing that having quick success means nothing.

Dynasties are built it doesn't happen over night. Ppl look back on Saban with revisionist history as if he's always been some great coach. his records at LSU were 8-4, 10-3, 8-5, 13-1(NC). For every up year there was a down year. I don't have to remind anyone what happen during his tenure with the Dolphins. When Bama hired him there were fans who thought it was a terrible hire. As his career was on a downward trend. Many thought if he just won 1 title eventually that would be a success.

Now no one thinks about the embrashing losses nick Saban took when he joined bama a decade ago. His first year they were 7-6 including a loss to UL Monroe. Ppl were calling him a corch how has that turned out?

Having a plentiful supply of resources has helped
Saban tremendously.

Now Miami doesn't have Bamas resources but what we do have is location. And we are expecting Richt with plentiful access to the best players in the country to do what Saban has done.

Nothing that happens this year either proves or disproves his ability to do so.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Saban
Meyer
Brown
Les Miles
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Tressel
Les Miles
Gene Chizik

Great answer, smart ***. Unfortunately, in your zeal to be a dyck, you're wrong on every single one. Spit Rick's dyck out your mouth, and try some basic reading comprehension.

Advertisement
...by a major program for not meeting their expectations who went to another major program and won a NC? I've been thinking about it but can't come up with any.

Besides Gene Stallings, no. However, Richt leaving Georgia was due to not getting along with the AD, not performance. How is Kirby Smart doing this year? Richt had six freshman on D playing for an extended time on Thursday. It tells you what he didn't inherit and if anyone thought this was a quick turnaround, they don't know football. Schools that change coaches frequently, don't fare well. Richt is the man, he has brought stability and integrity to the program. It will take 1-3 years to right this boat.

Advertisement
It hardly ever happens. Coaches fired for not producing are not likely to produce elsewhere. Now, coaches fired for misconduct are where you can pick up a coach on the cheap and win. We could have done that with Leach or Petrino, but Miami is too PC for that.

I'd take Art Briles in a heartbeat. I'm currently watching Petrino's boys absolutely massacre a decent NC State team. Louisville's AD gambled on the re-hire and it has paid off in spades.

I'd take Art Briles in a heartbeat. I'm currently watching Petrino's boys absolutely massacre a decent NC State team. Louisville's AD gambled on the re-hire and it has paid off in spades.

I wonder why Petrino decided to take a 12-1 team and then spend two years losing 4/5 games before finally making a run at something. Weird strategy since, you know, elite coaches make a difference right away.

Advertisement
Back