can we win the national title THIS YEAR?

People on here drinking the Richt Kool-Aid. haha A man that has never really won much at all with an extreme amount of talent at UGA.

I agree with you 100%. However, We can, without a doubt, run the table. Richt has to step it up and the players have to be mentally prepared. A Jim Harbaugh led Michigan, who was 5-7 in 2014, was a QB away from being in the Playoff. Richt has Brad Kaaya.

UM has had the talent to beat fsu the last 2 years. MR and staff should make a major difference this year.

It is possible.

Advertisement
People on here drinking the Richt Kool-Aid. haha A man that has never really won much at all with an extreme amount of talent at UGA.

I agree with you 100%. However, We can, without a doubt, run the table. Richt has to step it up and the players have to be mentally prepared. A Jim Harbaugh led Michigan, who was 5-7 in 2014, was a QB away from being in the Playoff. Richt has Brad Kaaya.

UM has had the talent to beat fsu the last 2 years. MR and staff should make a major difference this year.

It is possible.

Agree!! He has the knowledge and the drive, they just need to put it together!! I see 1 loss, possibly 2 if the moons align!! I can't wait for the season to start!! I'm at the fsu game!!!

we've won NC's without NC olines. i think we are done, for the most part, losing the games we are supposed to win. that was coaching. we always had the talent. i think we finally beat fsu. i don't see more than 2 losses, max.

If FSU is a given, I'll be disappointed with 2 losses.

I will honestly be dissapointed with 1 loss
Well be prepared to be dissapointed

"NEW COACH? WE MUST GO UNDEFEATED OR WHY DID WE EVEN HIRE HIM!?!?!?!?"

Why do people think a coaching change at the end of the year will automatically make our players as good as the 2001 squad? Yeah we got better coaching, but our players are still stuck on Golden development.

Be realistic people, we're going to lose a game, probably two.

i never said we must go undefeated, im saying i will be dissapointed with one loss

part of being a MIAMI fan is expecting to compete for a title every year.

**** UGA got to the point of expecting a title every year and firing a man who had averaged 10 wins per year....

to me that is more extreme than what i am asking , because i certainly am not saying richt should lose his job if we dont win it all (in year 1 lol)

what im saying is CANES FANS SHOULD NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY or say "i am ok with just winning the coastal because we have had two bad coaches in a row"

dont let al randy or even larry ruin your perception of what miami is

do you realize, that even with ABSOLUTLEY NO COACHING for over a decade, that MIAMI has the second most players currently in the NFL (behind only LSU)

why do you think that is?

oh one more thing, do you realize how much local talent WE HAVENT been getting?
alex collins
sony michel
patrick peterson
sammy watkins
kelvin benjamin
amari cooper

the list goes on and on

richt is going to get more of those kids

even if he isnt saban, if he can be even close to what he was at UGA

he can win titles here, any time miami has a competent coach, they are automatically a contender because of the proximity to all of that amazing SFLA talent

We don't have a NC caliber OL.

That's what they said about Clemson in the preseason.

There were, in fairness, reasons for pessimism. The line returned little experience and would be starting a true freshman on the blind side. Depth was next to nonexistent at certain positions. No one saw the season Clemson had coming. Of all groups the offensive line probably beat expectations most dramatically. Most of us expected Deshaun Watson to be pretty good, no one expected that our offensive line would be a strength for the team.

2015 Clemson Season Review: Offensive Line - Shakin The Southland

Also, just checked this:
Clemson Tigers 2015 Rosters

All of their OL is 3*'s or walk-ons ?
^ ^ ^
Scratch that...they do have 4*'s and a 5*...I was looking at only OL and not OT/OG
Yes but does their OL take *** pics together?

Why do people think a coaching change at the end of the year will automatically make our players as good as the 2001 squad? Yeah we got better coaching, but our players are still stuck on Golden development.

i never said we must go undefeated, im saying i will be dissapointed with one loss

part of being a MIAMI fan is expecting to compete for a title every year.

**** UGA got to the point of expecting a title every year and firing a man who had averaged 10 wins per year....

to me that is more extreme than what i am asking , because i certainly am not saying richt should lose his job if we dont win it all (in year 1 lol)

what im saying is CANES FANS SHOULD NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY or say "i am ok with just winning the coastal because we have had two bad coaches in a row"

dont let al randy or even larry ruin your perception of what miami is

do you realize, that even with ABSOLUTLEY NO COACHING for over a decade, that MIAMI has the second most players currently in the NFL (behind only LSU)

why do you think that is?

oh one more thing, do you realize how much local talent WE HAVENT been getting?
alex collins
sony michel
patrick peterson
sammy watkins
kelvin benjamin
amari cooper

the list goes on and on

richt is going to get more of those kids

even if he isnt saban, if he can be even close to what he was at UGA

he can win titles here, any time miami has a competent coach, they are automatically a contender because of the proximity to all of that amazing SFLA talent
Hate the thought that those listed players woulda been day 2 or 3 draft picks if they came here

Advertisement
we've won NC's without NC olines. i think we are done, for the most part, losing the games we are supposed to win. that was coaching. we always had the talent. i think we finally beat fsu. i don't see more than 2 losses, max.

Exactly, its gonna take a year to un brainwash the bulls**t Golden taught

ACC ain't gonna be no cake walk anymore either. A lot of great coaches made their way to the ACC this year.

the coastal is finally going to challenge the atlantic for acc supremacy

i believe we can still win the coastal, i think UNC will take a step back from losing their qb

this could be the year we win the coastal and compete for the acc, i do think we can win the conference , a national title may be hoping for two much, but i would not rule it out

Are you sure it wouldn't be three much or even four much?

Naw just One much

ACC ain't gonna be no cake walk anymore either. A lot of great coaches made their way to the ACC this year.

the coastal is finally going to challenge the atlantic for acc supremacy

i believe we can still win the coastal, i think UNC will take a step back from losing their qb

this could be the year we win the coastal and compete for the acc, i do think we can win the conference , a national title may be hoping for two much, but i would not rule it out

Are you sure it wouldn't be three much or even four much?
if we are talking about national titles

i am hoping for six much

i dont know how i made that mistake lol must be that top notch weed :tedbong:

Yes, they can win it all this year. But they won't. The talent gap isn't as far as people THINK. It really all comes down to QB play. Kaaya has to be special not just good.

Miami has just the same amount of NFL guys on roster as Oklahoma, Clemson, & MSU (3 of the 4 playoff teams in 2015). All three had great QB play though...

Advertisement
Yes, they can win it all this year. But they won't. The talent gap isn't as far as people THINK. It really all comes down to QB play. Kaaya has to be special not just good.

Miami has just the same amount of NFL guys on roster as Oklahoma, Clemson, & MSU (3 of the 4 playoff teams in 2015). All three had great QB play though...

You make an excellent point

If kaaya is average or just good we would need exceptional talent to compete

We have good talent, not exceptional

So what we need is stellar, heisman candidate qb play

So the million dollar question is

Can richt coach this guy up?

The evidence is pretty strong that richt will make a positive impact on kaayas development and performance

There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have I incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebackef. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.
im here to say ITS GOING TO HAPPEN

after a decade of mediocrity, COACH MARK RICHT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD

HE WILL MAKE UGA REGRET firing him

Richt didnt get fired, he took a promotion

MIAMI will show everyone why we have 5 titles in the last 33 years, and UGA has 2 in the past 100+

As a wise man named lil Boosey once said "we gon show the world".
Boosie

The coastal will be much improved, but it is very realistic that Miami can dominate the coastal. Miami has thee best recruiting base in the ACC, let alone the coastal, along with thee best staff in the coastal. Teams like NC, VT and GT will have to lay it down year in and year out once Richt gets it going.

Advertisement
I'd say 10-2 is the best case scenario for the regular season.

We have no depth at CB. OL is a huge question mark. WR is a question mark.

Advertisement
think about it

the ACC is finally getting recognition in the polls, we have plenty of talent on defense , even though we lack a little bit of depth at db
we have a true junior qb with a ton of exp , we dont really have a stud RB but we have a few solid backs in yearby and walton
an richt coach these guys up? does he have enough talent to win it all?

can he prove that miami is actually a better job than UGA ? (recruiting base and ability to win titles)
Yes, as soon as you find that pot of gold.

Tough to win a title when your offensive line is horrible. We do certainly have a very capable QB and a WR that can blow the doors off the defense if he can put it all together.

Too young in the secondary and ****** on the OL for a huge season, but I expect a good one.

There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebacker. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.

You're taking the Wazzou, Cincy, and FSU games but not giving back the Duke game?

Should the Duke game have even ended like that? are you not going to acknowledge the refs biased penalty efforts towards Duke. Miami had 20 plus penalties where as Duke had 5.. Not to mention the bullsh*t that transpired on dukes last offensive drive...

I saw the game. We win on their final drive 2 or 3 different times.
I misunderstood your point.
If you're just talking our talent vs. whoever, then yes, we should have won 9-10 games not just last year, but over the last 10 years. It just doesn't work that way though.

Advertisement
Back