can we win the national title THIS YEAR?

Highly unlikely that we win the title. 10 wins is highly likely, though.

At least OP isn't like 90% of this board who think "The Coastal" is The Goal.
Finally someone else who gets it

Gentlemen you are fans of miami, a team that won 5 national titles in a span of 18 years

If we have the right coach, we can keep that awesome sfla talent and compete with anyone any time and in any game

With a favorable schedule i would not say a nc is too far out of the realm of attainability (i probably butchered that spelling)

Advertisement
ACC ain't gonna be no cake walk anymore either. A lot of great coaches made their way to the ACC this year.

the coastal is finally going to challenge the atlantic for acc supremacy

i believe we can still win the coastal, i think UNC will take a step back from losing their qb

this could be the year we win the coastal and compete for the acc, i do think we can win the conference , a national title may be hoping for two much, but i would not rule it out
Got a better QB in Tribusky than Williams...Faster and better passer...There is no downgrade in QB this year....

There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebacker. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.

You're taking the Wazzou, Cincy, and FSU games but not giving back the Duke game?

Should the Duke game have even ended like that? are you not going to acknowledge the refs biased penalty efforts towards Duke. Miami had 20 plus penalties where as Duke had 5.. Not to mention the bullsh*t that transpired on dukes last offensive drive...

Last edited:
ACC ain't gonna be no cake walk anymore either. A lot of great coaches made their way to the ACC this year.

i believe we can still win the coastal, i think UNC will take a step back from losing their qb

this could be the year we win the coastal and compete for the acc, i do think we can win the conference , a national title may be hoping for two much, but i would not rule it out
Got a better QB in Tribusky than Williams...Faster and better passer...There is no downgrade in QB this year....

Stop marquise Williams has consistently been one of the Acc's best qb. Tribusky is average compared to Williams

I expect two losses before ACC championship game....a conference loss to either G-Tech, V-Tech,UVA, FSU or UNC.... A loss @ Notre Dame will be the one to knock the canes out of the race. The Expectation should be win the coastal out right anything else is a plus!

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have I incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebackef. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.
im here to say ITS GOING TO HAPPEN

after a decade of mediocrity, COACH MARK RICHT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD

HE WILL MAKE UGA REGRET firing him

Richt didnt get fired, he took a promotion

MIAMI will show everyone why we have 5 titles in the last 33 years, and UGA has 2 in the past 100+

As a wise man named lil Boosey once said "we gon show the world".

9-10 wins this year....kaaya does press conference to announce he's returning for senior year (like Matt Barkley did)...kaaya will actually win the ship tho....

How many times last season after a loss did we say "why would you call that play in that situation?" If the answer was 5, then it would seem that we have an outside chance.

Advertisement
People on here drinking the Richt Kool-Aid. haha A man that has never really won much at all with an extreme amount of talent at UGA.

Are you sure it wouldn't be three much or even four much?

Advertisement
we've won NC's without NC olines. i think we are done, for the most part, losing the games we are supposed to win. that was coaching. we always had the talent. i think we finally beat fsu. i don't see more than 2 losses, max.

If FSU is a given, I'll be disappointed with 2 losses.

I will honestly be dissapointed with 1 loss
Well be prepared to be dissapointed

"NEW COACH? WE MUST GO UNDEFEATED OR WHY DID WE EVEN HIRE HIM!?!?!?!?"

Why do people think a coaching change at the end of the year will automatically make our players as good as the 2001 squad? Yeah we got better coaching, but our players are still stuck on Golden development.

Be realistic people, we're going to lose a game, probably two.

There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebacker. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.

Sure there is, worst OL in the ACC is the biggest reason

Advertisement
1. New systems on Offense and Defense
2. Lack of depth at vital positions
3. Not enough talent overall

Maybe we can make the run next season if Kaaya stays. We'll be loaded. Young at some spots but loaded.

Our speed will not come back instantly, but there will be difference this year. Not enough to overcome size yet but it will come. I think we can play for ACC title and maybe even win it but we would need to be undefeated to get into playoffs and that is too much to expect this year. BUT the pent up aggression our player should have after the golden years might scare the crap out of some people.

People on here drinking the Richt Kool-Aid. haha A man that has never really won much at all with an extreme amount of talent at UGA.

3rd winningest head coach ever in their first 15 seasons...

And on top of that.. all the talent he had at UGA.. he has access to more talent in Miami than he ever had there. I expect Richt to leave Miami with at least 1 title.

A good coach has never failed at Miami. Butch is the only good coach to never win a championship here from 1980-2000, then we went on a coaching drought. Butch SHOULD have won one in 2000, and he basically won it in 2001.

You can look at numbers and everything and Richt is probably the most proven HC to come to UM. Way better record than Jimmy prior to UM, Butch had no HC experience, Dennis was at a smaller program, etc. We'll see if we continue the legacy of good coaches (notice I keep saying good, doesn't have to be a great coach) winning titles at UM.

And on top of that.. all the talent he had at UGA.. he has access to more talent in Miami than he ever had there. I expect Richt to leave Miami with at least 1 title.

A good coach has never failed at Miami. Butch is the only good coach to never win a championship here from 1980-2000, then we went on a coaching drought. Butch SHOULD have won one in 2000, and he basically won it in 2001.

You can look at numbers and everything and Richt is probably the most proven HC to come to UM. Way better record than Jimmy prior to UM, Butch had no HC experience, Dennis was at a smaller program, etc. We'll see if we continue the legacy of good coaches (notice I keep saying good, doesn't have to be a great coach) winning titles at UM.

Just remember it was UGA who did not want Richt anymore, it was not Richt leaving because he wanted to.

Advertisement
Back