can we win the national title THIS YEAR?

Advertisement
I'm expecting significant improvement but I'm not going to get unrealistic. I understand Miami has just hired it's best coach since Jimmy Johnson but let's consider this: Miami has lost at least one game to a team they should've stomped every year going all the way back to the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State. The talent is certainly there to make a run to the ACCCG. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake for me.

I'm expecting significant improvement but I'm not going to get unrealistic. I understand Miami has just hired it's best coach since Jimmy Johnson but let's consider this: Miami has lost at least one game to a team they should've stomped every year going all the way back to the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State. The talent is certainly there to make a run to the ACCCG. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake for me.
we should not be afraid of success

we should embrace greatness , and accept nothing less

1. New systems on Offense and Defense
2. Lack of depth at vital positions
3. Not enough talent overall

Maybe we can make the run next season if Kaaya stays. We'll be loaded. Young at some spots but loaded.

You are crazy, Miami's talent is equal to what Clemson has had over the past 5 years if you go by rankings...

what?:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Just checked it was not actually equal, Miami avg rank from 2013-2016 is 16th in the nation while Clemson rank in the same time period was 12th which is not that big of difference.

12 Programs That Have Recruited Well Enough to Compete for Next Season's Title | Bleacher Report

Advertisement
Not a NC this year.

1. We beat FSU this year
2. We win the Coastal
3. We lose to Clemson in the ACCC
4. Go to a great bowl game, and win
5. Start 2017 ranked, and make a run next then

Advertisement
We don't have a NC caliber OL.

That's what they said about Clemson in the preseason.

There were, in fairness, reasons for pessimism. The line returned little experience and would be starting a true freshman on the blind side. Depth was next to nonexistent at certain positions. No one saw the season Clemson had coming. Of all groups the offensive line probably beat expectations most dramatically. Most of us expected Deshaun Watson to be pretty good, no one expected that our offensive line would be a strength for the team.

2015 Clemson Season Review: Offensive Line - Shakin The Southland

Also, just checked this:
Clemson Tigers 2015 Rosters

All of their OL is 3*'s or walk-ons ?
^ ^ ^
Scratch that...they do have 4*'s and a 5*...I was looking at only OL and not OT/OG

Last edited:

There were, in fairness, reasons for pessimism. The line returned little experience and would be starting a true freshman on the blind side. Depth was next to nonexistent at certain positions. No one saw the season Clemson had coming. Of all groups the offensive line probably beat expectations most dramatically. Most of us expected Deshaun Watson to be pretty good, no one expected that our offensive line would be a strength for the team.

Also, just checked this:

^ ^ ^
Scratch that...they do have 4*'s and a 5*...I was looking at only OL and not OT/OG

i think richt and company can coach these kids up better, and get more out of what we have returning from last year

Advertisement
Nat. Champs - Not this year

Expectations for the minimum number of wins should be 9. Why 9? That would equal the best Folden ever got out of this group of players (minus incoming frosh). So if we assume the talent with a poor scheme fit and questionable coaching was a 9 win team at best with Alfraud, then that should be where the expectations with a great coach like Richt should start. It's year 1, and like some have said, new scheme and questionable depth are legit concerns.

Advertisement
not a National Title team too many holes. For a Title run you have to recruit elite talent for a few yrs. I can see a 10 win team going to ACCCG playing against Clemson

I'm not gonna say FSU "shoulda" been won, but I think it coulda! I think even Al could coach the team to a win against Cincy if he had two more tries. Still can't believe how the bowl game ended. Win those last 2 (I mentioned) and we at 10 wins. I gotta think that's the floor for this year. Anything else is gravy, and I'm cooking some biscuits just in case! We got a real head coach now fellas!

Also, just checked this:

^ ^ ^

i think richt and company can coach these kids up better, and get more out of what we have returning from last year

There should absolutely be significant improvement...better coaching, better conditioning and experience will help. But NC level? I dunno about that.

There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have I incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebackef. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.
im here to say ITS GOING TO HAPPEN

after a decade of mediocrity, COACH MARK RICHT WILL SHOCK THE WORLD

HE WILL MAKE UGA REGRET firing him

Richt didnt get fired, he took a promotion

MIAMI will show everyone why we have 5 titles in the last 33 years, and UGA has 2 in the past 100+

Danny?

Advertisement
Back