can we win the national title THIS YEAR?

we've won NC's without NC olines. i think we are done, for the most part, losing the games we are supposed to win. that was coaching. we always had the talent. i think we finally beat fsu. i don't see more than 2 losses, max.

Advertisement
Seen a lot of articles putting Miami as a dark horse to make it to the college football playoff. If we won a championship I'd be out of mind. Honestly I just want the coastal this year at the least, and to see actual noticeable improvement. I was born 3 years before the 2001 championship so those late 90's early 2000's canes are my original memory of Miami football. Just wanna get that respect back, and anything else beyond that is icing on the cake.

IF we win a championship and it's a big if, we would literally drop a trump like wall from Orlando to the keys Instead of a fence.

Advertisement
Winning the ACC alone right out of the box would rebuild Schnellenberger's Wall at the I-4 Corridor. That's half the battle right there.

Kids don't stay because they know that scouts want to see how they perform in prime time games. That's FSU, Ohio State, and Bama. If Richt gets lightning out of a bottle and ,say, Kaaya decided to stay,this program could go beast mode in a very short time.

That doesn't mean they could get past Clemson or Bama, but they would be competitive.

We could get close.

The coaches that win usually do it in year 2 though, if recent history is any indication.

So, that, in combination with Kaaya sticking around for his 4th season (not a given) - 2017 is our year.

****, I'll be happy if they beat FSU.

That's Al Golden's legacy. Lowered expectations.

Advertisement
We could get close.

The coaches that win usually do it in year 2 though, if recent history is any indication.

So, that, in combination with Kaaya sticking around for his 4th season (not a given) - 2017 is our year.

Kaaya might stick around. It depends on how QB heavy his draft is. To be honest with you, I don't think that he's been widely used under Golden.

think about it

the ACC is finally getting recognition in the polls, we have plenty of talent on defense , even though we lack a little bit of depth at db
we have a true junior qb with a ton of exp , we dont really have a stud RB but we have a few solid backs in yearby and walton
an richt coach these guys up? does he have enough talent to win it all?

can he prove that miami is actually a better job than UGA ? (recruiting base and ability to win titles)

I mean technically we "can" win the National Title this year, just like technically I "can" win the Power Ball one of these days. Can and will are two different things. The Canes WILL not win the national title this year. We need to build our roster up. Now, what's more realistic is us playing in a January Bowl Game. That's probably the most realistic out of everything. Winning the national title will come in due time, but it's not happening this year.

Advertisement
Highly unlikely that we win the title. 10 wins is highly likely, though.

At least OP isn't like 90% of this board who think "The Coastal" is The Goal.

90% of us just don't have that elite weed like the OP. The Coastal is more realistic especially for a 1st year coach. Richt had more talent at Georgia and never won the championship.

He's a **** good coach but not a miracle worker...

Last edited:
I wish I still smoked trees. I'd be all in. It's coming, but not next year. Searels has his work cut out for him. His ability to coach em up will be critical. Loved Kehoe and everything he did as player and coach, but the f'ing carousel OL drove me insane.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
There's no reason Miami shouldn't win more than 10 games this year. **** if we had competent coaching Miami would have won the cincy, Fsu and wazzou games last year which would have put us at an 11-2 mark for the season. If Miami shores up the oline by making them gel together which should happen since all of the guys have had a ton of experience based on last year and also solidify the CB position Miami should do extremely well next season. We don't have incompetent coaches calling predictable and retarded plays anymore on offense or defense and we have the best dline coach in the nation that has a bevy of 4 and 5star talent on the dline. To add to that we have quality depth at safety and linebacker. We also have a very good qb and are loaded at each of the skill positions( rb, wideout, tight end) Get that golden influence out of you. Many of you are uneasy on Miami being great again. Just let it happen.

You're taking the Wazzou, Cincy, and FSU games but not giving back the Duke game?

I can see us winning the Coastal.
I can see us beating FSU or ND.
I can't see us beating FSU and ND and potentially (3) top-4 teams in a row.

****, but it sure does sound nice!!

we've won NC's without NC olines. i think we are done, for the most part, losing the games we are supposed to win. that was coaching. we always had the talent. i think we finally beat fsu. i don't see more than 2 losses, max.

If FSU is a given, I'll be disappointed with 2 losses.

Advertisement
Back