Can we talk about how Navaughn Donaldson has been a massive bust?

Advertisement
Lol, I spelled it wrong

F A I L
Thames-Bridge-Bird-Study.gif

Advertisement
A 4/5 star Offensive Lineman should be athletic enough to play Guard or Tackle in college IMO.
Obviously he can be better at one than the other, but a "stud" Guard doesn't become a turnstile just cause he's playing Right Tackle.

If so can you please explain his regression at both positions?

Donaldson is a huge guy that can run. Gap scheme is perfect for him. I thought he would be more flexible and athletic in pass protection.

In the long run, I think he'll be fine. He's smart and he cares about getting better.

Oh, come on. He’s played out of position most of his Miami career because UM can’t seem to recruit and develop OTs

Excuses.
Didn't stop Feliciano from being a good RT.

Good linemen can play any spot on the line. (minus Center maybe)

Advertisement
Got a lot of negs in my notifications from my posts in this thread.

What has Donaldson done that has made him not trash during the BYE that I am unaware of?

Donaldson is a huge guy that can run. Gap scheme is perfect for him. I thought he would be more flexible and athletic in pass protection.

In the long run, I think he'll be fine. He's smart and he cares about getting better.
He is a huge guy that can run? Dude can barely move and gets put on roller skates in our zone scheme. He needs to lose 30lbs

OC and OL coach are awful, but it's not like he has been a beast at guard blowing guys off the line. Nobody on our line is a people mover. I would love to see what these kids could do with a real OC that could throw defenses off.

Advertisement
He is a huge guy that can run? Dude can barely move and gets put on roller skates in our zone scheme. He needs to lose 30lbs

Watch film any time he is asked to pull. That’s a strength of his game. His problem is more flexibility and lateral quicks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back