Can we talk about how Navaughn Donaldson has been a massive bust?

Advertisement
Really? I wonder if it has to do with him playing tackle when he isn’t ******* tackle or are you that dense?

He was a 47 graded GUARD during his freshman year.

You'd figure, fans of teams on a message board would go a little beyond over-the-limit bar room analysis on their teams when making posts. There are only a handful of posters that actually put some thought and research into their opinions on the board. Its a shame. Most of y'all just throw out these statements without a lick of statistical truth to them. This isn't 1996. Football can be judged very analytically. While not on par with baseball or basketball or even hockey, football has plenty of team based and individual metrics now that judge players and teams pretty accurately. If you think Donaldson has been anything above "average" in his career, you are just factually wrong. He's been below average to this point, and for a highly regarded prep offensive lineman, that's a disappointment so far.

Advertisement
He was a 47 graded GUARD during his freshman year.

You'd figure, fans of teams on a message board would go a little beyond over-the-limit bar room analysis on their teams when making posts. There are only a handful of posters that actually put some thought and research into their opinions on the board. Its a shame. Most of y'all just throw out these statements without a lick of statistical truth to them. This isn't 1996. Football can be judged very analytically. While not on par with baseball or basketball or even hockey, football has plenty of team based and individual metrics now that judge players and teams pretty accurately. If you think Donaldson has been anything above "average" in his career, you are just factually wrong. He's been below average to this point, and for a highly regarded prep offensive lineman, that's a disappointment so far.
You're talking about the dudes that graded Mike Smith our best LB

Oh and you're not one of em. Next!

You're talking about the dudes that graded Mike Smith our best LB

Oh and you're not one of em. Next!

You're very mad online.

Mike Smith has played well as a backup LB (14 snaps per game). PFFs grading has shown that. You can't conceptualize contextualization, so this is likely lost on you.

But keep thinking Donaldson is currently or has ever been as a collegiate ELITE at any position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My former self appears to be correct.

I hope young Navaughn manages to turn thing around.

He has such a massive, beautiful frame. Men should not be getting around him so easily.

My former self appears to be correct.

I hope young Navaughn manages to turn thing around.

He has such a massive, beautiful frame. Men should not be getting around him so easily.

He’s a guard...

He probably wanted a fair shot at the tackle spot and we probably promised it during his recruitment. I think he might see that he doesn’t have the quick feet to hold the edge against speed rushers

He’s been horrendous. No sugar coating it.

Right now he is not a tackle or a guard. He is just a big body being manhandle and push back by inferior physical lineman and a terrible dancer when fast DE pass right by him. He have regressed from his FR year. Look Goldenized

Advertisement
Right now he is not a tackle or a guard. He is just a big body being manhandle and push back by inferior physical lineman and a terrible dancer when fast DE pass right by him. He have regressed from his FR year. Look Goldenized
"big body being manhandled..."

"terrible dancer...."

Careful.....

Advertisement
OP's OP was definitely NOT Positively Positive.

I am afraid that OP might be regressing to his former self.

Move him to guard and Scaife at RT easy peasy............they keep substituting guys its ridiculous already. The new generation of player can only play one snap before they need to get subbed in do to being out of breath. I remember back in the day dudes would play the whole **** game. wtf happened?

Advertisement
Back