Can we agree that Jarren and Kosi aren’t the guys?

Dan Enos is a good quarterback coach.

I'm not going to talk about his playcalling, because that is cheeks...but as a QB Coach...he's been pretty **** good throughout his career.

With that said, I think he got the best out of Jarren Williams. There was a stretch where Williams was really good...but Jarren Williams' problem is that he is mentally soft. He has no chest. He simply IMPLODES. He's like a starting pitcher that gives up 4 runs in the first and is so mentally fvcked, he gives up another 5 in the 2nd inning. He's far too inconsistent because he can't overcome mistakes.

The OL did not help, I know...but you either got it, or you don't. Jarren Williams maxes out under Enos as a bottom third quarterback in the ACC. I don't think he's particularly good under Enos' running Enos' offense.

Maybe he gets better. He probably will. But I don't think he's particularly special. I think he has an over-inflated sense of his worth and abilities. The drama we had with him for a full season + offseason does not seem to justify his play. He's more of a headache than he is seemingly worth.

N'Kosi became a decent teammate this year, I guess? He's not the guy either.

Advertisement
I don't think you can judge either. The offense is horrible. We literally can't do a **** thing.

I will not blame the players.

Lol play calling or not... Jarren is the main reason we lost 6 games this season 🗑

Florida - Jarren
UNC - Jarren
VaTech - Jarren (benched after throwing 3 interceptions in 3 seconds)
GaTech - Jarren (the only QB in history to go in for an injured QB then get immediately replaced for the same injured QB)
FIU - Jarren (only UM QB in history to lose to FIU)
Duke - Jarren

No doubt that NKosi or Tate even with Enos In charge would’ve won at least 3 of the games we lost.

Knew before i opened the typical slurpers would be in here caping for Jarren.
Jarren's game is short and intermediate throws. He can't run, can't throw deep consistently. He's not big brain guy, not a big arm guy, not an athlete & is definitely not a leader.

A top 25 QB anywhere else? Gimme a break. Dude threatened to transfer all year that definitely didn't help the carousel at QB. Gimme TVD, Tate, or Matocha. Tired of Dumb & Dumber.

I'd rather take Robert Marve back.
lol now Jarren can’t throw deep ...mfs was quiet as a church mouse when he was dropping dimes to Wiggins for bombs ..OL can’t block for more then 1 second before the pressure gets there ..Need a better OL before we can get any type of steady qb play

Advertisement
Jarren's game is short and intermediate throws. He can't run, can't throw deep consistently. He's not big brain guy, not a big arm guy, not an athlete & is definitely not a leader.

Great summary. His delivery also got longer as the season progressed, once he realized he didn't have the natural arm strength for deep balls on this level. He'll still throw quick snaps on the short stuff like screens but really cranks it up like a javelin thrower on longer throws. Premier defenses would be laughing while awaiting.

Jarren looked far better than he is against Louisville simply because Louisville's defense is so inept. They allowed 6.37 yards per play. For reference that was nearly 2 yards worse than Pittsburgh at 4.44. Jarren's high water mark was pulling out that Pittsburgh game in late relief.

N'Kosi is simply not accurate enough.

Neither one of them is athletic enough to make up for their faults elsewhere. If we are going to recruit throwers of that level at least they should be jackrabbit types.

I'm a SCAR alum, you he's over rated imo.

I would agree he got a lot of hype. I think he’s had lackluster QB coaching and played for Muschamp... look what his former Gator QBs did when they went elsewhere (Driskel and Grier)

Of course this is all irrelevant if it’s the Enos offense but if we spread it out in an air raid or similar I think he could live up to the hype

What exactly was so bad vs Duke? No run game, WR drops, no pass protection, predictable play calls, wet ball, and no separation from the WR's
Oh man his footwork was abysmal. Yes the o line sucked but even at the beginning of game he was taken 10 to 20 baby steps before he was throwing. His footwork showed a kid that was playing timid as **** and has lost the mental battle. He looked like a ballerina back there.

Also I can only imagine how difficult his film sessions are when he is "off".

Advertisement
We are going to have to hit the transfer portal for a QB anyways because one of these two boys (if not both) will hit the portal stop in the very near future.

Yup, good players will want to play for Dead Man Walking. He needs a vote of confidence, like a contract extension.

Lol play calling or not... Jarren is the main reason we lost 6 games this season 🗑

Florida - Jarren
UNC - Jarren
GaTech - Jarren (the only QB in history to go in for an injured QB then get immediately replaced for the same injured QB)
Duke - Jarren

No doubt that NKosi or Tate even with Enos In charge would’ve won at least 3 of the games we lost.

Florida- we left 6-9 points on the field due to missed kicks and not even attempting short kicks.
UNC- we left 4 points on the field due to missed kicks.
VT- JW shouldn't have played
GT- Kosi lost that one
FIU- Enos!
Duke- Kosi played worse

Fix the protection/o-line....change OC’S .....2 PROBLEMS NEED TO BE FIX FIRST....DOES NOT MATTER WHO BACK AT QB

Florida- we left 6-9 points on the field due to missed kicks and not even attempting short kicks.
UNC- we left 4 points on the field due to missed kicks.
VT- JW shouldn't have played
GT- Kosi lost that one
FIU- Enos!
Duke- Kosi played worse

Nope my post is facts urs is bs...

Florida - Jarren lost that game running out of bounds and taking unnecessary sacks.
UNC - Jarren lost that game failed to convert a 4th and 1 in the 2nd half and choked the entire first half.
VT - a healthy jarren lost that game
GT - Nope Jarren lost that game, can’t expext an injured QB to win that game. NKosi should’ve never had to go back in.
FIU - lol at you blaming an OC for Jarren the “great” losing to FIU??
Duke - Jarren started and got benched... NKosi still recovering from injury. The blame is on Jarren again.

Advertisement
No you won't and then you'll call out any of us that laugh at his failure as classless haters.

Nope, I'm as mope squad as anyone on here. I just call it like I see it -- kid is extremely talented and it's a shame he plays under Enos and behind this putrid group of blobs that we call an offensive line.

Florida - Jarren
UNC - Jarren
Duke - Jarren

Disagree. Martell is the only unknown quantity. We know what we have in Kosi, its no better than Jarren. Different strengths and weaknesses but similar overall.

Jarren is a "one-read QB". You saw it exposed by FIU and their staff. Take away the RPO slant and force Jarren to read a defense and he's not a P5 starting QB.

Perry just sucks. Yeah, he has a strong arm but who gives s **** when he's a dumb *** and has zero ball placement/accuracy.

IF, IF, Manny decides to go to a spread offense, Jarren and Perry are not it. I would think Tate would be better for that kind of system. If not, and Manny goes to a true spread offense, then it's portal time because Van Dyke is Enos' guy for Enos' offense. That's not good either.

Advertisement
This is exactly the problem...the corches have no foresight. Season was lost anyways...why not at least see what Tate could do so we know what needs to happen in the offseason. Same should've been done with JW at the end of last season to give him some live reps to at least get a glimpse at what he can do (especially knowing we start the season with UF) and not burn his RS. Same goes for Lo, Peyton and a handful of others. Since CMD claims there's a culture problem (which he is the leader of), bench guys and play someone else for gods sake and send a message.
Our coaches collective IQ is kindergarten level.

Joe Rose asked Manure this morning and he didn’t give a straight answer, said some **** a politician would say.

Haven't seen enough film on Van Dyke, can he win the job next year?

Do we go back to the portal?

or do we continue to roll with Jarren for the better sake of pushing Manure to Bolivia?
Our coaches' collective IQ is kindergarten level.

Advertisement
Back