Can manny improve to...

No, why can't we jump on a guy like a Lincoln Riley/Matt Campbell type or some young hotshot from an FCS school showing out? Why hire a career DC? Because he was on the staff a cheap/easy hire?? That's my point, you hired a retread DC that had never been a HC. Take a risk on a guy that has gotten programs/units better every year, not a guy who has been only a DC for over a decade.
Do you mean hire them before they were big 12 head coaches? Because I’d say it has less to do with money and more to do with being anti Miami. The city not the program

Advertisement
Do you mean hire them before they were big 12 head coaches? Because I’d say it has less to do with money and more to do with being anti Miami. The city not the program
Yes, exactly. Go find them, take a chance. The Diaz, Coker, Shannon routes are not the answer IMO. The Folden Years, I dunno what happened. I was OK with it but it didn't take long to realize he was all car salesman, no coach, should have been canned sooner. There is a reason he is where he is now.

Loved the Richt hire, 100%, I didn't realize he was actually retiring after UGA, thought he would coach at Miami, lol.

Yes, exactly. Go find them, take a chance. The Diaz, Coker, Shannon routes are not the answer IMO. The Folden Years, I dunno what happened. I was OK with it but it didn't take long to realize he was all car salesman, no coach, should have been canned sooner. There is a reason he is where he is now.

Loved the Richt hire, 100%, I didn't realize he was actually retiring after UGA, thought he would coach at Miami, lol.
I feel you!

Jimmy and Erickson had done WAY MORE than Diaz before they were hired at UM

Butch is almost similar in background and that's about it

Coker was a joke, not sure if this post was serious???
Butch was an NFL assistant, DC at that. Manny isn’t comparable to that either. Butch also had won a natty before he was HC as a coordinator. Coker is comparable to that.

No, why can't we jump on a guy like a Lincoln Riley/Matt Campbell type or some young hotshot from an FCS school showing out? Why hire a career DC? Because he was on the staff already and a cheap/easy hire??

That's my point, you hired a retread DC that had never been a HC. Take a risk on a guy that has gotten programs/units better every year, not a guy who has been only a DC for over a decade and got fired by Mack.

I want them to take a risk if Manny gets the axe, **** I wanted the UAB Coach over Diaz.
You mean like Fuente or Norvell?

I like Bill Clark also, but I don't know about young hotshot. He's 53, so he still has some life left in him.

Advertisement
The main board is absolutely useless once spring concludes and through the summer. Just the same posters making the same arguments about the same topics over and over.
Got any suggestions about how to fix that?

Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, Pat Fitzgerald and Ryan Day are all home grown replacements. It doesn’t matter if they’re from somewhere else or have experience. It matters if they can motivate, identify and stockpile talent and adapt.

I like Bill Clark also, but I don't know about young hotshot. He's 53, so he still has some life left in him.
Yeah, I know, I was just saying I preferred him over Manny. And yes, of course young guys can miss, but give me that swing over an already on the staff never been a HC retread hire. Those almost always swing and miss or are at least courted by other programs to be HCs because they see the potential. I know Manny was going to Temple, yes.

Look, I want Manny to bring us back, but I don't see it right now.

Lincoln Riley, Dabo Swinney, Pat Fitzgerald and Ryan Day are all home grown replacements. It doesn’t matter if they’re from somewhere else or have experience. It matters if they can motivate, identify and stockpile talent and adapt.
Riley was hired because he was Stoops replacement, they were smart enough to make him OC and HCIW before another school got him. He is not a home grown OU coach.

Advertisement
Riley was hired because he was Stoops replacement, they were smart enough to make him OC and HCIW before another school got him. He is not a home grown OU coach.

Sigh.

You just made that up. No one knew Stoops was retiring and Riley wasn’t head coach in waiting.

Hide Help GIF by ADWEEK
Where did you find this gif?

Advertisement
Advertisement

We have some delusional fans that don't realize that almost every team in the country- except Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State- has been trying to land the next bigtime coach. All have tried, all have failed for well over a decade. Texas, which has more money that God, just hired the retread's retread in Sarkisian, after firing PeeWee Herman (who was supposed to be the next Riley). And I have a feeling that Oklahoma fans are going to turn on Lincoln Riley as well if he goes another 3-4 years without winning a national championship- they are paying him a lot of money to consistently come up short. Cristobal is another popular coach now because he fell assbackwards into the Pac-12 title (want to talk about embarassing losses- a one win Oregon State team beat them). He's basically a more expensive, plus-sized Diaz. Brian Kelly would have been fired a couple of times if ND fans were as ridiculous and shortsighted as Miami fans.

TAMU is the only team that made a home run hire, but how many teams would have been interested in a coach who left the mess that he did at FSU? Also, there is a less zero chance that many Miami fans would have supported hiring Jimbo since there are a number of posters who constantly post their homoerotic fantasies about "alpha males." A coach whose old lady got caught banging players wouldn't be allowed in their wetdreams of glistening, shirtless alpha male coaches barking orders on the sidelines and hoisting a suspiciously phallic-shaped championship trophy.

We have some delusional fans that don't realize that almost every team in the country- except Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State- has been trying to land the next bigtime coach. All have tried, all have failed for well over a decade. Texas, which has more money that God, just hired the retread's retread in Sarkisian, after firing PeeWee Herman (who was supposed to be the next Riley). And I have a feeling that Oklahoma fans are going to turn on Lincoln Riley as well if he goes another 3-4 years without winning a national championship- they are paying him a lot of money to consistently come up short. Cristobal is another popular coach now because he fell assbackwards into the Pac-12 title (want to talk about embarassing losses- a one win Oregon State team beat them). He's basically a more expensive, plus-sized Diaz. Brian Kelly would have been fired a couple of times if ND fans were as ridiculous and shortsighted as Miami fans.

TAMU is the only team that made a home run hire, but how many teams would have been interested in a coach who left the mess that he did at FSU? Also, there is a less zero chance that many Miami fans would have supported hiring Jimbo since there are a number of posters who constantly post their homoerotic fantasies about "alpha males." A coach whose old lady got caught banging players wouldn't be allowed in their wetdreams of glistening, shirtless alpha male coaches barking orders on the sidelines and hoisting a suspiciously phallic-shaped championship trophy.
Riley is safer than the Pope in the Vatican. OU fans are more worried about him bolting for the NFL than them running him off. He can name his contract in Norman.

I'm amazed that people still want Cristobal. We will probably never have a "prodigal son returns" championship coach. It's as rare as hen's teeth.

We're not the only ones looking for that next great coach. We're also not the only ones missing.

Advertisement
Back