Can manny improve to...

When a team does any and everything they want to you on offense there’s very little a coach can do. Even when guys were in position we made mistakes. The players are not with out blame. Nor the coaches
Well you would ALMOST have a point if the COACH did not recruit said players and line them up on defense.
:pgdead:

Advertisement
Advertisement
I lose it, IMMEDIATELY, when anyone attempts to imply that "the administration" doesn't want success on the football field. It's absolutely one of the stupidest things a person can say.
"wanting" success and "doing what it takes" to have success are two entirely different things my man.

Last edited:
"wanting" success and "doing what it takes" so have success are two entirely different things my man.

Don't come at me as if you understand how the University of Miami operates, my man. You're entirely out of your league on this one.

If you don't like what is happening, write a big, fat check and get yourself a seat on the Board of Trustees. Sitting here and saying Miami "should" is telling people who donate millions of dollars of their own money (and time) that they're not doing enough, while you bought a hat once and post on a message board.

Advertisement
NO. We weren't being manhandled. Our poor LB play didn't help, but we were beat schematically. I can't find the link to the X's and O's breakdown, but I saw what UNC was doing schematically based on our defensive scheme. I remember it wasn't even sophisticated. We are overagressive with our defensive line having them rush upfield even on running plays. UNC just countered that and exploited us. We were just taking ourselves out of the play.

Basically Mack Brown schooled Manny Diaz and Blake Baker. The scary thing is that we couldn't adjust. We needed to be playing a different scheme to what they were doing.

Now, if we had all ACC LBs, they would have hidden some of the schematic deficiencies and that's the problem. The Diaz defense relies on uber talented players to work well. What is needed is mutiple schemes and philosophies to adjust on the fly.

With so much time a head of us, I really fear getting exposed by Alabama. I don't even mean physically or talent wise. I worry schematically with Alabama having a new OC that has all this time to devise a game plan against our defensive scheme. It's scarry. We have no idea what they're going to run. You can look at all the film of their OC from his NFL and college days, but they may devise a different scheme for us. That's what UNC did with their running game. They lined up in the same formation, but the blocking schemes and running plays were different.

Perhaps with the addition of Bob Shoop as defensive analyst will be a game changer. Especially, on game days. He can quickly relay to Diaz what he sees and what he thinks will counter what the offense is doing. The funny thing is I couldn't even tell you who the last defensive analyst was or even if we had one at all. I know Alabama has 12 analysts (mostly former HC's) from both sides of the ball. This is what winning footbal is at an elite level. Getting around the rules of the limited number of coaches. There are no limits on analysts. You could have 1 per postion group or each player could have their own personal analyst if you like. Whatever it is, they have a coach or analyst for it.
Exactly what “scheme” was UNC doing?
That Unc games guys were in position to finish plays. In some of their biggest plays some guys gambeled, 15 and 2 a lot on the edge. At the end of the day it falls on the coaches. But players were in position to make plays and to many times did not finish. To try to absolve the players to continue a narrative (for some here) is shortsighted..but hey this is CIS and why we all love iy

Exactly what “scheme” was UNC doing?
That Unc games guys were in position to finish plays. In some of their biggest plays some guys gambeled, 15 and 2 a lot on the edge. At the end of the day it falls on the coaches. But players were in position to make plays and to many times did not finish. To try to absolve the players to continue a narrative (for some here) is shortsighted..but hey this is CIS and why we all love iy
Overall, that's not what I saw. There were a lot plays that were wide open. They averaged 9+ yards rushing prior to contact. Unless all your front 7 are getting trucked, that's scheme.

Advertisement
Back