Can manny improve to...

The average message board fan probably cares more than the average non-message board fan.

You know you’re my guy, but I can’t agree with you here.

The only thing that differentiates the average message board fan from the average non-message board fan is that one likes to post their opinions in a public forum, and the non-message board fan doesn’t care to do that.

If it weren’t for this particular site, I wouldn’t be posting anywhere. That’s the God's honest truth. And I know I’m probably not alone. In fact I’m not a big message board guy at all, I read some of the financial message boards, and will very rarely post, but I’m just there to try to glean information and try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Think of it this way, when you see a pretty full to 3/4 full stadium for a non-marquee opponent, say about 45-50K, ie, real legit fans, how many of those people are even semi-regular message board posters? I’ll answer the rhetorical question, probably less than 1,000.

Advertisement
Do people really disagree with this? Unless of course they live in their own alternative realities like it's becoming a thing now.

In case you haven't noticed over the years, this place is infested with Hecht center shills who are here to kiss the administration's *** and attempt to call attention away from the incompetency that is the University of Miami's athletic department.

And when I say infested, I mean 3 or 4 losers with like 9 or 10 different screen names each pathetically attempting to spread a Don Bailey Jr type homer narrative.

Your comment said in the last two decades, not a comparison to Diaz. Coker's resume was pretty **** similar to Diaz's, as was Shannon's. Davis's was also pretty similar except the NFL work. Jimmy and Erickson were closer to Al Golden's.

I think you're of the many on here who don't realize Miami is a private school and not going to pay $8 million a year for a head football coach.
You mean we won’t be in the running for Dabo if he leaves Clemson..

In case you haven't noticed over the years, this place is infested with Hecht center shills who are here to kiss the administration's *** and attempt to call attention away from the incompetency that is the University of Miami's athletic department.

And when I say infested, I mean 3 or 4 losers with like 9 or 10 different screen names each pathetically attempting to spread a Don Bailey Jr type homer narrative.

Lmao you clown. The only thing infesting this place is **** “fans” like you:

Advertisement
You are a special one, he is widely recognized as Top 5 CFB coach in only 4 years on the job, and by most as the top offensive minded HC.

Please stop kid, it's not a good look
Top 5 coaches whatever order
Saban
dabo
Fisher
Smart
Brian Kelly
I wouldn’t have Riley top 5

—— Long Reply but necessary ——

It’s kinda hard, @canesstevealum08 , to answer this question. We have two different factions of thoughts: Manny the head coach, and Manny the DC.

While it’s true Manny has only been our head coach since 2019, he’s been w/ the program since 2016. @flagator86 brought up a really good point; the propensity of our teams not looking prepared against opponents. That needs to be taken in to consideration.

This thread caused me to do some digging to see how we have trended as a program. While guys like Baby Richt, Rumph, Banda, Baker, Patke, and even CMR have taken the brunt of our ire, Diaz have remained, mostly, absolved from criticism w/ the exception of few, including myself, @The Franchise & @Dwinstitles & others.

I try to be fair and equitable in my takes, looking at totality vs. moments. In order to see our trend, it’s best we look at how we faired against 3 factors since Diaz has been here to see if we can take that next step:

1. Top 25 opponents at time of match up
2. Teams that ended the season top 25 (see the Al Golden 2013 rule)
3, Opponents who possessed a top 30 offense

*B/c we’re talking about Diaz, we’ll be focusing on the defense during this evaluation. From 2016 - 2020 here’s our avg:
-28th in the country in Total Def while giving up about 341 in total yards, and 21.2 ppg.

With that being said, let’s dive:

Point 1: Since 2016, we have faced 13 top 25 opponents. Our record against such opponents is 6-7. In those games, the defense gave up, on avg., 376 ypg & 24 ppg. A little over our avg., but not terrible.

Point 2: Since 2016, out of those 13 teams that were ranked top 25 at time of our matchup, 10 finished in the top 25. Our record vs those 10 were 3-7. In those games, the def gave up, on avg., 386 ypg & 27.8 ppg.

Point 3: Since 2016, we’ve played 10 teams that’s possessed a top 30 offense. We were 6-4 against such opponents giving up, on avg. 447.1 ypg & 29 ppg.
**Interesting to note that in 4 of these 6 victories, the offense put up out of world production to carry the team**

So what does this tell us? Well, there’s a caveat to this. See @The Franchise told us that Diaz’s defense is smoke & mirrors. Was he correct? From 2016 - the beginning of 2017, we went 3-1 against Top 25 opponents, holding them to 13 ppg and 299 ypg, which was elite!
Thennnn, the ACCCG happened. From The ACCCG - current, we’ve gone 3-6 against top 25 opponents, and 0 for against those who’ve finished top 25. The def since The ACCCG has given up, on avg. 410 ypg & 30 ppg against top 25 opponents at time of match up, and 443.5 ypg & 37.6 ppg against teams that finished in the top 25.

This trend shows that, one, against prime time opponents, we’ve not fared well. Two, our overall defensive rankings against formidable opponents since the ACCCG has been less than stellar. As some have pointed, Diaz’s Def appears to feast & put up godly #’s against inferior opponents & offenses. However, when an offense hits back, regardless of the caliber of the team, the Def shrinks, leaving the offense to have to play above its very own rankings.

Moving fwd, we have to show we can play with the big boys (top 25 opponents), AND we can’t find ourselves in dog fights w/ inferior opponents (see FIU, LA Tech, NCSt, UVA, Pitt).

This season we’re projected to play ONLY two Reg season top 25 opponents. One of which should be a revenge game. Yr 3 as a HC & yr 6 w/in the program will tell us a lot. It’s not fair to compare Diaz to Butch b/c Butch came in dealing w/ a notch above a death penalty. Let’s just put it like this; Golden in year 3 at least started 7-0, facing a top 25 opponent to kick off the season (and yes we know how that Gator team fared). Year 3 is generally a turning point, so it’s pivotal the trend reverses its course.
What’s the due date to have this **** Bible or a post read professor?

It is an obvious inherent advantage to be closer to the best recruits.
Obviously, but it doesn’t mean a top 5 class for an average acc team is A given…I think we’ve proven that, so have Texas and California schools. We need more going for us than just location

Advertisement
There are numerous AD's and very good coaches out there......we're just set on not paying and hoping we stumble upon a winner with process that seems to have no rhyme or reason.

Astute AD's hired JJ, Erickson and Butch because they knew the qualities and intangibles it took for a coach to be a success ) Of which none of which were having popularity amongst the admin and fanbase. They are no longer here. With them gone, also went their processes for selecting coaching winners

It's obvious that things have changed since that time. The criteria for selecting and being an AD here has changed completely,

The Admin fears allowing or having an AD with the ability & balls to run (within the University's guidelines) his own department. That is NOT true in any of the other University Departments i.e Business, Engineering, History, Law etc...that I am aware of.

currently, having performance success goals , beyond having a steady flow of money coming in, appears to be non=existent. It's obvious that winning Championships is not among them.

The University is strongly committed to continually increasing and actively improving the excellence of the University of Miami's Academics.....it should and can have the same commitment to excellence, a la Duke and Stanford et al, for it's Sports programs.

Sports doesn't generate the most money for the University .....but it is a contributor. Whether they want to accept it or not the Sports program has a role as one of the faces of the University and it should be supported .
Not all good coaches are a fit everywhere..

Advertisement
I would love for Miami to win the ACC every year under a new HC and never finish ranked below 6th in the polls and play in 3 of the 4 Final Fours.

But hey, to a diaper wrapped kid like you that's "NOTHING OF NOTE". Based off that dumbass logic only 1 team a season wins anything of note, right dip****????
If manny won 3 straight ACC titles and got curb stomped every year in the playofff posters here would be *****ing. Especially behind Heisman winning QB and the talents he’s had

Last year's loss to UNC was an epic fail by the coaching staff including the HC. After watching a film breakdown of the game, It was clearly a schematic issue with the defense despite said HC throwing the players under the bus. Coaches failed to adjust or at least make any adjustments having a positive impact.

I feel all the good will built up over the season was thrown away in that one game.

With staff changes and Manny calling the defense, we shall see if he's put those awful loss demons behind him.
When a team does any and everything they want to you on offense there’s very little a coach can do. Even when guys were in position we made mistakes. The players are not with out blame. Nor the coaches

Advertisement
Other than the Mack Brown part, I agree 100%
He was available and I think he would have yielded Richt like results. Again, my resumè includes zero previous schools as AD. Learn from our mistakes. I am as competent as Blake James.

Call them out. Who are they?

—— Long Reply but necessary ——

It’s kinda hard, @canesstevealum08 , to answer this question. We have two different factions of thoughts: Manny the head coach, and Manny the DC.

While it’s true Manny has only been our head coach since 2019, he’s been w/ the program since 2016. @flagator86 brought up a really good point; the propensity of our teams not looking prepared against opponents. That needs to be taken in to consideration.

This thread caused me to do some digging to see how we have trended as a program. While guys like Baby Richt, Rumph, Banda, Baker, Patke, and even CMR have taken the brunt of our ire, Diaz have remained, mostly, absolved from criticism w/ the exception of few, including myself, @The Franchise & @Dwinstitles & others.

I try to be fair and equitable in my takes, looking at totality vs. moments. In order to see our trend, it’s best we look at how we faired against 3 factors since Diaz has been here to see if we can take that next step:

1. Top 25 opponents at time of match up
2. Teams that ended the season top 25 (see the Al Golden 2013 rule)
3, Opponents who possessed a top 30 offense

*B/c we’re talking about Diaz, we’ll be focusing on the defense during this evaluation. From 2016 - 2020 here’s our avg:
-28th in the country in Total Def while giving up about 341 in total yards, and 21.2 ppg.

With that being said, let’s dive:

Point 1: Since 2016, we have faced 13 top 25 opponents. Our record against such opponents is 6-7. In those games, the defense gave up, on avg., 376 ypg & 24 ppg. A little over our avg., but not terrible.

Point 2: Since 2016, out of those 13 teams that were ranked top 25 at time of our matchup, 10 finished in the top 25. Our record vs those 10 were 3-7. In those games, the def gave up, on avg., 386 ypg & 27.8 ppg.

Point 3: Since 2016, we’ve played 10 teams that’s possessed a top 30 offense. We were 6-4 against such opponents giving up, on avg. 447.1 ypg & 29 ppg.
**Interesting to note that in 4 of these 6 victories, the offense put up out of world production to carry the team**

So what does this tell us? Well, there’s a caveat to this. See @The Franchise told us that Diaz’s defense is smoke & mirrors. Was he correct? From 2016 - the beginning of 2017, we went 3-1 against Top 25 opponents, holding them to 13 ppg and 299 ypg, which was elite!
Thennnn, the ACCCG happened. From The ACCCG - current, we’ve gone 3-6 against top 25 opponents, and 0 for against those who’ve finished top 25. The def since The ACCCG has given up, on avg. 410 ypg & 30 ppg against top 25 opponents at time of match up, and 443.5 ypg & 37.6 ppg against teams that finished in the top 25.

This trend shows that, one, against prime time opponents, we’ve not fared well. Two, our overall defensive rankings against formidable opponents since the ACCCG has been less than stellar. As some have pointed, Diaz’s Def appears to feast & put up godly #’s against inferior opponents & offenses. However, when an offense hits back, regardless of the caliber of the team, the Def shrinks, leaving the offense to have to play above its very own rankings.

Moving fwd, we have to show we can play with the big boys (top 25 opponents), AND we can’t find ourselves in dog fights w/ inferior opponents (see FIU, LA Tech, NCSt, UVA, Pitt).

This season we’re projected to play ONLY two Reg season top 25 opponents. One of which should be a revenge game. Yr 3 as a HC & yr 6 w/in the program will tell us a lot. It’s not fair to compare Diaz to Butch b/c Butch came in dealing w/ a notch above a death penalty. Let’s just put it like this; Golden in year 3 at least started 7-0, facing a top 25 opponent to kick off the season (and yes we know how that Gator team fared). Year 3 is generally a turning point, so it’s pivotal the trend reverses its course.
The short version

Manny Diaz is 14-10 and 0-2 in bowls games while at the same time @Go Canes!! and his True Believers are gonna pixie dust us to 15-0

Advertisement
Back