Can manny improve to...

Yeah, Gooner is not very bright.

I mocked him twice before that, and he acted like his responses to me constitute "roasting", and because I will not engage in a lengthy passive-aggressive "debate" with him, that I am "running away".

I'm not getting sucked into that Gooner quicksand. He's highjacked this entire thread to call a dozen posters names. Hilarious.

He's so clueless that he doesn't realize when people are clowning him.
Getting Goonered isn’t getting roasted. It’s getting dragged down an endless abyss to the point that the Gooneree’s goat’s been got.

Advertisement
You can not be unfairly criticized for lousy losses
Last year's loss to UNC was an epic fail by the coaching staff including the HC. After watching a film breakdown of the game, It was clearly a schematic issue with the defense despite said HC throwing the players under the bus. Coaches failed to adjust or at least make any adjustments having a positive impact.

I feel all the good will built up over the season was thrown away in that one game.

With staff changes and Manny calling the defense, we shall see if he's put those awful loss demons behind him.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what happened, you tried coming at me twice in this thread today and got clowned so went to trying "mock replies" to cover up for your "takes".

But whatever sounds good to you bud, go with it.

Nobody "came at you". Two of your dumber postings were mocked.

But, hey little buddy, I didn't mean to offend you. Can I offer you an insincere apology while you overreact?

Getting Goonered isn’t getting roasted. It’s getting dragged down an endless abyss to the point tht the Gooneree’s goat’s been got.
Visual depiction of them getting Goonered

fainting goat GIF

Advertisement
Who would you have hired as HC?
My vote is to have an AD who has succeeded at prior programs, or at the very least, not been fired or left them in shambles. Who would I have hired to replace Golden? Richt. Who would I have hired to replace Richt? Mack Brown.

Now, if the fans want better results you hire a legit AD that can lure a heavy hitter from the NFL.

I meant with a competent coach and staff to recruit from the most fertile HSFB players in the World in a 100 mile radius..... Sorry, my mistake if I left that out.
you're assuming people want to consistently go to school 100 miles or less from high school, and that recruiting is still a regional activity like it was 30 years ago. not even Clemson is perennially top 5, only OSU, bama and UGA usually are. Our best classes in the last 15 years havent panned out anyway (2008, 2017, and one of Golden's class, 2013 maybe). We just recently decided to start putting money into the program, so we havent had anything to sell to recruits. and dont give me that "make the crib great again"...

you're assuming people want to consistently go to school 100 miles or less from high school, and that recruiting is still a regional activity like it was 30 years ago. not even Clemson is perennially top 5, only OSU, bama and UGA usually are. Our best classes in the last 15 years havent panned out anyway (2008, 2017, and one of Golden's class, 2013 maybe). We just recently decided to start putting money into the program, so we havent had anything to sell to recruits. and dont give me that "make the crib great again"...
It is an obvious inherent advantage to be closer to the best recruits.

Advertisement
My vote is to have an AD who has succeeded at prior programs, or at the very least, not been fired or left them in shambles. Who would I have hired to replace Golden? Richt. Who would I have hired to replace Richt? Mack Brown.

Now, if the fans want better results you hire a legit AD that can lure a heavy hitter from the NFL.
Other than the Mack Brown part, I agree 100%

No, he gets fairly criticized because Manny the coordinator was here before Manny the head coach. Manny the coordinator really underperformed from a recruiting/talent evaluation standpoint at several positions within that defense which in turn led to Manny the head coach underperforming and losing some games he should have won.

This isn't a new outside coach who needs time to implement his system, his system has been here for 5-6 years now. He's already had to fire each of his hand picked initial coordinators as well.
Do people really disagree with this? Unless of course they live in their own alternative realities like it's becoming a thing now.

Advertisement
Sometimes you've got to throw caution to the wind and take a gamble.
Yeah but that's very tall order friend. Butch did something I don't see it being repeated possibly in a our lifetime. That team is arguably the best college team of all times. Considering how bad Manny did in evaluating and recruiting his defensive unit, this is even far fetched lol

Like who?

We ALL know plenty. If you don't you just dont follow CFB.

Im
The same "astute" AD that hired Butch also hired Randy Shannon.

tenor.gif

I mean more astute than the current AD

OK so i was a little off ....never said they were perfect....but ya gotta admit Butch was a great hire, who left us with incredible talent...... Still waiting on Blake to come thru with one

Last edited:
Yeah but that's very tall order friend. Butch did something I don't see it being repeated possibly in a our lifetime. That team is arguably the best college team of all times. Considering how bad Manny did in evaluating and recruiting his defensive unit, this is even far fetched lol
I doubt we'll ever see anything like what Butch did as quickly as he did. Bama has built a juggernaut that attracts the best recruits, but it still doesn't compare to the 01 team.

My point was that you never know what can come from humble beginnings, not that Manny will be able to duplicate it.

Advertisement
We ALL know plenty. If you don't you just dont follow CFB.

Im

I mean more astute than the current AD

OK so i was a little off ....never said they were perfect....but ya gotta admit Butch was a great hire, who left us with incredible talent...... Still waiting on Blake to come thru with one

Oh that guy.

Oh that guy.

Sorry, I mistakenly sent that out incomplete Go Canes

The completed version is as follows:

We ALL know plenty ( who are better) ...IF you don't ..you just don't follow CFB

I will happily give you my thoughts on AD's and coaches that I feel are better ....IF you start a new thread on that topic.

Because having that discussion & debate here would be "hijacking" i.e. not on this thread's topic

I'll look for your new thread.....but until then it'll just have to be ....you know who I mean "that guy"

Last edited:
What makes Butch's accomplishments (evaluating..recruiting...Development) even more mindboggling is the fact he did it under...
* extreme sanctions
* terrible public perception
* Murder of an up & coming LBer...on campus no less...
* SI calling for FB Programs dismantling
* Time Magazine calling Miami..worst place to live in america
* absolutely NO $$$ Bags being dropped...
* And bare minimum Help from Hecht...

Advertisement
Back