Can Golden Redeem himself on NSD?

Advertisement
I know people bring up Butch, and I did in the past, but here are the two main differences. First, under Butch we normally played better the second half of the season. At least record wise. I can't say the same for golden. Secondly, for bowl games, we were prepared under Butch. In Golden's first opportunity, we looked HORRIBLE. That's bad because not only does a loss to end the season leave a bad taste in your mouth for the season, but it also makes you question the staff's ability to prepare for an opponent.

Advertisement
I'm going to reserve my comments about the staff until signing day. All I know is we NEED galliard and valentine type lineman on our team to improve our defense. DT position next year looks abysmal. We can't be counting on these jucos to come in and be all conference

I just want to finish with who we got and add no scrubs...I will be fine...

I am not Al...but lets be honest we are not there yet and have not gained the respect
to bring in every big fish...we got some so lets keep grinding...

Just leave the scrubs at home....

I know people bring up Butch, and I did in the past, but here are the two main differences. First, under Butch we normally played better the second half of the season. At least record wise. I can't say the same for golden. Secondly, for bowl games, we were prepared under Butch. In Golden's first opportunity, we looked HORRIBLE. That's bad because not only does a loss to end the season leave a bad taste in your mouth for the season, but it also makes you question the staff's ability to prepare for an opponent.

Yep. That is also why our first game has to be a win. We blew chunks in the bowl game and have to rebound. If we lose that game in the same fashion as we did the bowl, we might not recover. Get TV back in the fold and that becomes easier, even with the crap scheme we run.

Advertisement
Nothing Golden could sign that would change my opinion on him. He needs to win the ACC next year for me to come anywhere near his bandwagon

Let's say we land 2 of: VT, BO, JC and Gilliard

Could this at least shut the door on the PSU mess?

I think I could give him a pass if he lands 2 of those 4. His coaching is a separate issue.

This post is so funny and sad at same time!!

Advertisement
Redeem himself from what? Do u see the class he hauled in????? Redeem what? Amazing class

Redeem himself for flirting with Penn State, not making any changes to the staff, missing on a lot of local studs for a few, and not meeting fair expected results on the field The class is ranked from #11 to #8 by most major and respected websites. It's a great class. It's not an amazing class.

Your joking right

#1 the man stayed and didnt go to the school that everyone thought was his dream job... Nothing to redeem there thats a great thing

#2 no changes need to be mad to the staff until we are playing with a full deck of cards this will be the first year we had a semi normal recruiting class with a death penalty not over the head of the program

#3 we got 9 wins with this team case closed!!!! And are best player went down and we had numerous other injuries ... If you think this was a 9 win team talent wise share what your smoking

#4 this class is amazing anytime we crush with interior lineman classes usually are high because of skill players great job by the staff

#5 what local studs that didnt want to play here adios ... Could care less about them when did it become where fans rooted for the recruits over the program its so pathetic ... If you dont want to where that U on your helmet adios !!!

Advertisement
Redeem himself from what? Do u see the class he hauled in????? Redeem what? Amazing class

Redeem himself for flirting with Penn State, not making any changes to the staff, missing on a lot of local studs for a few, and not meeting fair expected results on the field The class is ranked from #11 to #8 by most major and respected websites. It's a great class. It's not an amazing class.

Your joking right

#1 the man stayed and didnt go to the school that everyone thought was his dream job... Nothing to redeem there thats a great thing

#2 no changes need to be mad to the staff until we are playing with a full deck of cards this will be the first year we had a semi normal recruiting class with a death penalty not over the head of the program

#3 we got 9 wins with this team case closed!!!! And are best player went down and we had numerous other injuries ... If you think this was a 9 win team talent wise share what your smoking

#4 this class is amazing anytime we crush with interior lineman classes usually are high because of skill players great job by the staff

#5 what local studs that didnt want to play here adios ... Could care less about them when did it become where fans rooted for the recruits over the program its so pathetic ... If you dont want to where that U on your helmet adios !!!

#2 is an excuse I will not tolerate and no one should. Forget why we don't have better players. Let's focus on what the coaches do to gain an advantage or put that lesser player in a position to succeed. Consistently being gashed for yards is more the defensive calls the the players themselves. I mean we couldnt stop anyone. Coach D's biggest problem is that he cannot call a defense play to play. He may be able to coach it in practice but he has no feel for calling a D from play to play on game day. For example, if we blitz a team always seems to throw a screen or drag a receiver across the field running free. It's maddening to watch him get outclassed every week. 70% goes on his play to play defensive calls.

Coley has some kinks to work out. I think we will have a better O this year for sure.

If he can land JC Jackson, Valentine, and Scarbrough or two of those, at least it would add some pep in our step. We've had a lot of bad news since the FSU game. Need some momentum.

Advertisement
Back