Can Golden Redeem himself on NSD?

Nope.... Recruiting is only half the battle.... I want to see a better product on the field, especially on defense. We finally have some studs coming in on the defense and a talented offensive class. Exciting times ahead that's for sure. But you can't use the no talent excuse because we have it now....

Advertisement
No. I just blame him for the things he has clearly done wrong. Ive blamed him for the defense. Ive said 1000 times that if he cant get it fixed, his @ss will be gone. I didnt give a f*Ck about AG before 3 years ago, and if/when the day comes he is canned for substandards performance here, I wont give him a second thought. But fair is fair. Weve done this to the last 4 staffs here. This is Butch's 98-99 era all over again. The nonstop negativity, complaining, fighting, insults, and voila, 2 years later, the guy was an immortal.

Why is this Butch Davis all over again and not Coker and Shannon? Because you say so? Butch beat teams with winning records. ****, he beat top 10 teams. Al doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same sentence as Butch Davis.

The jury is still out. And until it is, I dont see a need to spend every waking moment insulting the guy and blaming him for every stupid thing that goes wrong in the universe. If he failed to recruit a kid, failed to offer a kid, offered too late, failed to evaluate properly, he deserves blame. But were not going to land every kid we want, we never have. Including So Fla kids. And I am of the FIRM believe that there are other shenanighans at play with CERTAIN kids which there is little our staff can do to control or overcome.

You've invented these shenanighans in your own mind. Good job slandering an 18 year old kid and his family. You don't know ****, can't prove ****, because there's nothing there other than Al getting beat for a top local recruit. AGAIN.

So I will put blame where and when blame is due, but I dont see how the program is helped, during recruiting season, when supposed "Fans" spend more time trashing everything about the staff publically, in recruiting message boards, that our own recruits read, and then act shocked and dismayed, when these kids start wavering. F*CKING **** who wouldnt waver after reading what our "fans" write about our staff here on a daily basis?
It's everyone's fault except for the people in charge. If this staff can't overcome message board comments to land recruits, then he's even worse than I thought.

Last edited:
Best Fanbase EVER.

Bunch of entitled ******s.
I'm convinced that if Al raped either of your mothers, the 2 of you would simply state, "Well...she was wearing a short skirt, and she shouldn't have had her 2 top buttons un-done on her blouse. It's like she was asking for it."

No. I just blame him for the things he has clearly done wrong. Ive blamed him for the defense. Ive said 1000 times that if he cant get it fixed, his @ss will be gone. I didnt give a f*Ck about AG before 3 years ago, and if/when the day comes he is canned for substandards performance here, I wont give him a second thought. But fair is fair. Weve done this to the last 4 staffs here. This is Butch's 98-99 era all over again. The nonstop negativity, complaining, fighting, insults, and voila, 2 years later, the guy was an immortal.

The jury is still out. And until it is, I dont see a need to spend every waking moment insulting the guy and blaming him for every stupid thing that goes wrong in the universe. If he failed to recruit a kid, failed to offer a kid, offered too late, failed to evaluate properly, he deserves blame. But were not going to land every kid we want, we never have. Including So Fla kids. And I am of the FIRM believe that there are other shenanighans at play with CERTAIN kids which there is little our staff can do to control or overcome.

So I will put blame where and when blame is due, but I dont see how the program is helped, during recruiting season, when supposed "Fans" spend more time trashing everything about the staff publically, in recruiting message boards, that our own recruits read, and then act shocked and dismayed, when these kids start wavering. F*CKING **** who wouldnt waver after reading what our "fans" write about our staff here on a daily basis?

Butch fired his DC when the defense wasn't up to par, Golden will not. Golden has shown zero signs of adjusting a clearly failed plan that has resulted in the worst defenses in the history of the program. Truly worthy coaches have achieved big results in the time it has taken Golden to get crushed by a Louisville squad he had 4 weeks to prep for, AND according to recruiting services had better classes than. Miami looked like the most unprepared team all bowl season (an opportunity they had waited 3 years for and crapped on much like the two schmucks before him this sorry admin hired). His teams **** the bed on national tv late in the year constantly and his record against teams with winning records is historically awful. Expecting different results when doing the same thing over and over is insanity. You are **** right I've seen enough, logic and facts back me up. Blind ******* hope is your buddy, hope it works.

Last edited:
05 he is putting his job on the line with the belief that it will work. Hopefully it does.. If it doesn't, they should fire him immediately.

VT or BO or Gilliard, any one of them and he gets a pass until the first 500 yard game. Bo plus one and I give him two 500 yard games. I don't have problem with the PSU crap, it is all about his defense to me.

Advertisement
05 he is putting his job on the line with the belief that it will work. Hopefully it does.. If it doesn't, they should fire him immediately.

It's a bad bet by him and that premature extension UM jumped to give him will only drive the program further in the depths of mediocrity. I don't want to be right but common sense has this funny way of prevailing more often than not.

Advertisement
Get all 4, and add Ross and Treon. Do that, and I'm officially back on the Golden Road Bandwagon.

crossover22[]_[];1804376 said:
He's been looking to bolt because our last six games we allowed 37 points and close to 500 yards a game. He's said as much.

I'm sure he keeps up with stats.

Why did he decommit from uf? They play solid defense.

Any number of other reasons that a kid might decommit from a school?

The fact remains our defense finished the year historically bad, and he didn't like it. He definitely didn't need my stats, if you sit down and watch a Miami game it's not hard to realize we are passive and suck on defense.

Agreed. But he also knows he could change that.

Advertisement
Best Fanbase EVER.

Bunch of entitled ******s.
I'm convinced that if Al raped either of your mothers, the 2 of you would simply state, "Well...she was wearing a short skirt, and she shouldn't have had her 2 top buttons un-done on her blouse. It's like she was asking for it."

Agree 1000% . He deserves some of the **** he gets but like I've said before this is the same thing butch went threw. I know Butch had better defense but he wasn't the best game coach either. He was a he'll of a recruiter. I believe golden is to.

521.gif

VT, JC, BO, NJOKU = Best Scenario, best talents at Biggest most urgent Needs

Our biggest needs are a stud DT, MLB, TE, RB, & DB

Would substitute LG, ROSS, LENIUS or a surprise stud at a position that is not an urgent need like Lane

Need a Stud MLB. Don't see it happening this cycle.

My dream scenario

VT, LG, BO, JC and one of LENIUS or NJOKU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Expectations are unrealistic and so is the bashing.

We have a **** good class considering the mess we were coming from just a few months ago.

JC and I am happy.

JC and TV or Bo and I am ecstatic.

Keeping it real unlike many of the haters.

Redeem himself from what? Do u see the class he hauled in????? Redeem what? Amazing class

Redeem himself for flirting with Penn State, not making any changes to the staff, missing on a lot of local studs for a few, and not meeting fair expected results on the field The class is ranked from #11 to #8 by most major and respected websites. It's a great class. It's not an amazing class.

Galliard is in the mix because of Coach Scott. Coach Scott has done an excellent job of keeping Miami in the mix for Galliard now lets see if he can close

Advertisement
Back