Can evan shirreffs win the starting spot ?????

Advertisement
Anything is possible and I don't think he's a bad QB, but I think it's Perry's job to lose by the way the coaches talk about him.

Advertisement
Yes. In fact, he's looked the best so far.

Really.... I'am no expert but he looks the part

This was the feedback from one of the practice referees. He said #16 has looked the best of the bunch. TIFWIW.

He also said our WR's are either really good or our DB's are real ****** because the receivers are torching up our DB's. I think it's more our WR's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only quote I've seen about the quarterback that had any specificity, was from Rick, and in it he was praising Rosier. I posted that on another thread. I don't know who wins it. But COULD Evan with it? Sure.

Many more practices, and 2 to 3 more scrimmages to go.

I feel like Richts quote on Rosier protecting the ball making less mistakes blah blah was a pretty telling quote. I think we see all 3 vs BC, 2 vs Ark St, & an offical starter will be named for FSU. Just my gut feeling.

Advertisement
I don't know about the rest of the schedule, but if Shirreffs is the starter against FSU, I don't see us winning that game, unless we get a non-offensive touchdown. They are going to force him to complete downfield passes the entire game, and he doesn't have the arm talent to do that on a consistent basis.

I don't care who's name is on the back of the jersey. The winner of the QB competition will have beaten out other quality players. Competition for playing time is king.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only quote I've seen about the quarterback that had any specificity, was from Rick, and in it he was praising Rosier. I posted that on another thread. I don't know who wins it. But COULD Evan with it? Sure.

problem with the quote though is that it was solicited. It was in response to a specific question concerning Malik, not the others.

Kaaya looked the best to in practice but results were the same as if Rosier started....

No offense to Shireffs but a glorified walkon is not going to carry this team anywhere.

N'Kosi Perry will be the starter day one

problem with the quote though is that it was solicited. It was in response to a specific question concerning Malik, not the others.

That could very well be true, but that's all that I have to go on. I haven't seen any other specific quotes about the other quarterbacks from Rick. Have you?

I'm not saying that makes Rosier the leader, all I'm saying is the only information I've got about quarterbacks specifically has been from Rick about Rosier

Advertisement
Back