Camron Davis Commits to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not saying he is as talented as dalvin cook but his running style kind of resembles the way cook ran[TWEET]828757706878152704[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Another thought about getting Curry now... I bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... If he wants in, you take him. There is no guarantee we land two next year, so why not take a really talented back NOW that wants in? As I said earlier, it opens up the possibility to redshirt one and start creating a little separation. Dreaming about 2019 right now is a bit crazy. Stack the talent when you can.

Another thought about getting Curry now... I bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... If he wants in, you take him. There is no guarantee we land two next year, so why not take a really talented back NOW that wants in? As I said earlier, it opens up the possibility to redshirt one and start creating a little separation. Dreaming about 2019 right now is a bit crazy. Stack the talent when you can.

Because there are 4-5 backs better and more dynamic than him that we are in on including Noah Cain,na quan Wright, Trey sanders, Kenny McIntosh and we sitting pretty for most if not all of them. Even in a good position for the bama commit sanders

I slept and when I woke up, we've got Lingaard and Davis as of right now. LMFAO, that's too good I thought it had to be a dream.

Advertisement
I am super stoked! I actually still think we are a little lite at the spot still. If we are lite numbers wise now we will be lite numbers wise next year. Talent is a major upgrade. This is what we got:

Running Back (4)
Trayone Gray (RS)
Mark Walton
Travis Homer
Robert Burns
Lorenzo Lingard
Camron Davis

Maybe they let the start of the season play out to see what they have in Homer and Burns... And then choose to go after a 3rd I need be. I hope they don't bring in a 3rd. Stacking elite chips every year is the recipe i like

I agree.

I have read some responses below. I do tend to think the point that losing 5 running backs isn't likely. However, Richt has had a string of rbs tear ACLs/get hurt when he was at Uga. Does that have anything to do with Miami? Prolly not. He does have a style of rb he likes though.

It is difficult to see Walton back in 2018. Gray as a 5th year senior at rb, well we don't see many of those. Im not saying he couldn't help though. All of us are worried about Burns' health right now. I think we expect great things from Homer this year!

No reason to take a subpar kid, or even a good rb in the class . . . we have two elite backs! It ties up ships for 4 years essentially. Yeah if we get to next year and the staff see us lite, Id prolly be in favor of a grad transfer anyways!

Advertisement
I would think Curry this class would mean no Wright next year.

We should take 2 in this class and 2 in the next

My thoughts also.

Wright + Cain next year.

Chaney in 2020.

Then we will truly be ******.

This years RBs
Walton
Homer
Burns
Choc
Maybe Gus

Lingard
Davis
Burns
Homer

before we "******" let's address the not so ideal depth chart at RB the next two seasons.

But y'all go ahead and suck Liberty's post all up and think Brown doesn't deserve criticism(not aimed at anyone I quoted above).
Lol... Do what you gotta do fam... Criticize Brown as much as possible, if it makes you feel better.

Yea but in 2019 its looking like a miami depth chart should look like. Even if walton leaves we still got:
Homer
Linguard
Davis
Burns
And possibly:
Cain
Wright
Mcintosh
If were able to get them then thats an absolutely loaded backfield and i think richt and co. is gonna get it done

Fckn huge...congrats to the young man.
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION], the criticism of Brown for last cycle was justified. This cycle is a different story and white knighting him is justified.

Advertisement
Is there a porster more negged than broke?

tumblr_m156sr7NOG1r1qml6o1_500.gif

Advertisement
@Liberty City El, the criticism of Brown for last cycle was justified. This cycle is a different story and white knighting him is justified.
Here yall go with the overused "white knighting" narrative lol

Look, y'all wanna criticize Coach Brown, Richt, or whoever on the staff, do you... I'm not apart of the lynch mob for Coaches, but some of y'all just can't ****** wait to bash Coaches on this staff lol

They're far better than anything we've had over the last decade but if y'all wanna be quick on the trigger finger because you might've gave previous staffs more leeway then fine, that's your business.

It's an exercise in futility though, because the staff is sticking around for a few years, unless some guys just take new jobs, otherwise none of these guys are getting fired.

@Liberty City El, the criticism of Brown for last cycle was justified. This cycle is a different story and white knighting him is justified.

Look, y'all wanna criticize Coach Brown, Richt, or whoever on the staff, do you... I'm not apart of the lynch mob for Coaches, but some of y'all just can't ****** wait to bash Coaches on this staff lol

They're far better than anything we've had over the last decade but if y'all wanna be quick on the trigger finger because you might've gave previous staffs more leeway then fine, that's your business.

It's an exercise in futility though, because the staff is sticking around for a few years, unless some guys just take new jobs, otherwise none of these guys are getting fired.

There is no "y'all", and there is no "narrative". Stop getting so defensive.

When coaches underperform, they get criticized. When they do something well, they get praised.

Look, y'all wanna criticize Coach Brown, Richt, or whoever on the staff, do you... I'm not apart of the lynch mob for Coaches, but some of y'all just can't ****in wait to bash Coaches on this staff lol

There is no "y'all", and there is no "narrative". Stop getting so defensive.

When coaches underperform, they get criticized. When they do something well, they get praised.

+100.

It's one thing if Brown made a RB coach salary. But Thomas Brown makes 700,000 a year. That's a legit Div 1 coordinator salary. What does he do to earn that? Getting Lingard and Davis is like the bare minimum he can do to earn that giant salary.

And it's not Brown's fault actually. It's Richt's. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Wasting hugely valuable assistant coaching spots on coaches in training is retarded - it is my single biggest complaint about Richt. Hiring guys like Brown, Rumph, and Jon Richt are the kinds of decisions that are the difference between being a perennial 10-4 team, and a team that contends for titles. I would have put the Bartender on here as well but at least that kid has recruited consistently well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back